Marriage to foreigners not all it's cracked up to be complains Isaan woman stuck in Farangland!

rooster59

While most thai girls I’ve encountered do indeed love to eat and sleep, many work hard and don’t rely on anyone else to support them. I think guys like this should get to know a girl better before bringing them to their Homeland. You can’t tell me there weren’t indications she might be this way unless he spent zero time with her before the move.

• Like 1

Nothing I enjoy more than the protestations from the 'working class' that others are not rushing to join the farce of working for 5 days, spending another day doing what you cannot do because working, and if you are very fortunate one day a week pleasing yourself.

Good to see the old western conditioning is performing so well :smile:

Keep it up fellas we can't all move to Thailand :smile:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fordguy61mi said:

While most thai girls I’ve encountered do indeed love to eat and sleep, many work hard and don’t rely on anyone else to support them. I think guys like this should get to know a girl better before bringing them to their Homeland. You can’t tell me there weren’t indications she might be this way unless he spent zero time with her before the move.

With respect, what way is that?   Disappointed that things aren't like she expected? 

Lots of western women I know (my own ex included) found out that being married didn't mean the dishes clean themselves, the laundry does itself and the bills pay themselves with money that magically appears with 2 incomes.  That doesn't mean she wasn't a great wife, and we couldn't work through the issues. 

Just that she believed the fairy tales about happily ever after.  You know, the ones that the diamond companies, car companies and real estate agents peddle...  And I bought into the ones peddled by the beer companies and college recruiters.  I'm not sure who was more disappointed, me or her.

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Really...?

You haven't visited this pleasant little country town yet (25,000) people..up on the mid north coast of New South Wales..fat,ugly,tattoed women...and yes they do look kinda cross eyed when you mention Shakespeare..

"Swing those flabs both high and low..

See 'em quivering as you go.."

Give me a Thai woman any day.

You been looking at yourself in the mirror at Ballina or Byron Bay

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, impulse said:

With respect, what way is that?   Disappointed that things aren't like she expected? 

Lots of western women I know (my own ex included) found out that being married didn't mean the dishes clean themselves, the laundry does itself and the bills pay themselves with money that magically appears with 2 incomes.  That doesn't mean she wasn't a great wife, and we couldn't work through the issues. 

Just that she believed the fairy tales about happily ever after.  You know, the ones that the diamond companies, car companies and real estate agents peddle...  And I bought into the ones peddled by the beer companies and college recruiters.  I'm not sure who was more disappointed, me or her.

The problem I see is again, all about the falang.  Look in the mirror.

If someone is giving a lady 20 to 30,000 b++ a month, what do you expect their attitude to be?

They expect you to "take care them".  That means everything and occasionally boom boom if you are lucky.

That is their thinking.

So hey guys, figure this out.  Don't make the mistakes so many are and will make.

My girl, my girl,....blah blah.

All this falling on deaf ears I am sure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JoePai said:

And that attitude to life sums up most Thai girls - and boys  :violin:

That's not fair, a lot of Thai ladies, my wife included, are real grafters, come to England and get a job working in a Thai restuarant and maybe save enough money to open their own. The social  life for them is often better than for such as me in Thailand. A girl that just wants everything on a plate so she can slob around all day has probably done most of her work laying on her back, probably not the ideal choice for a partner

• Thanks 1

Thai women think ALL white men are rich.

The white man is the Thai woman's lottery win in their minds.

Thai women can never assimilate with their own society of rich and poor.

They are so poor in Isan, common sense left them a long time ago as they have dreamt of marrying a farang and being rich?

No matter how many times they are told otherwise, they refuse to accept and believe the truth that all white men are not rich.

You are white and you are in Thailand, you must be rich.

Lack of education and mindset is a dangerous thing.

Moving off to farangland with new rich husband!

Did she ever visit Germany to see what she was getting herself into? Probably not.

Married the great white hope in Thailand and off we go to the Thai Soap Opera mega-rich lifestyle of the white farangs in the west.

Must be true if it is on a Thai Soap Opera, right?

It sounds so absurd, however, that is exactly what some Thai women believe.

I am not sure, even if a decent, good hearted farang with good intentions tried to explain how they would be living in his home country, if the woman would actually believe him or not?

Probably not, because in their minds they won the lottery and got married with a farang, who must be rich.

How a person can get married, and think she is going to have a maid and all the other luxuries of the rich and famous is a break-down in communications. Either the farang never was honest and showed photos and evidence of where he lived or else he did make that effort and she just did not believe him until she saw it with her own eyes.

Anyways, it is interesting how the news always finds ONE odd story about 1 Thai woman and tries to stereotype into ALL Thai women that marry farangs are screwed if they move to the west.

Never seem to have any good stories about Thai women that married farangs and moved to the west and have a splendid life.

• Like 1

Just now, 473geo said:

Easily, it's called a family, the 'womens work' in Thailand is often shared around family members, buying in ready cooked food is cheap. My wife cooks probably 4 evenings a week, mother perhaps 2 and buy in 1 for example. Relatives often turn up with snacks, somtam, fresh fish caught that day cooked, shredded mango with sauce, etc.

It is a different world.

So rather than attempt ridicule, perhaps a deeper, realistic understanding, of Isaan lifestyle is required.

So why didn't she take her family with her, then?

• Sad 1

Many years ago one thai girl said to me:

If u wana marry me send to my family 20k Bahts every month.

I will move with u to europe. U can go work and I will stay home and watch TV all day.

And I will open my legs whenever u wana ; )

Well I didnt marry her, but I guess she found her prince, coz she was pretty.

So for 1% of these girls the farang land dream may come true ; )

But for the other 99% life will be abroad probably harder as it was in Thailand.

10 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

They are so poor in Isan, common sense left them a long time ago as they have dreamt of marrying a farang and being rich?

No matter how many times they are told otherwise, they refuse to accept and believe the truth that all white men are not rich.

Did she ever visit Germany to see what she was getting herself into? Probably not.

Married the great white hope in Thailand and off we go to the Thai Soap Opera mega-rich lifestyle of the white farangs in the west.

I am not sure, even if a decent, good hearted farang with good intentions tried to explain how they would be living in his home country, if the woman would actually believe him or not?

Probably not, because in their minds they won the lottery and got married with a farang, who must be rich.

How a person can get married, and think she is going to have a maid and all the other luxuries of the rich and famous is a break-down in communications. Either the farang never was honest and showed photos and evidence of where he lived or else he did make that effort and she just did not believe him until she saw it with her own eyes.

Anyways, it is interesting how the news always finds ONE odd story about 1 Thai woman and tries to stereotype into ALL Thai women that marry farangs are screwed if they move to the west.

Never seem to have any good stories about Thai women that married farangs and moved to the west and have a splendid life.

Everything you said was created by the dude, not her.

Sad so many do not get this......

Without reading it on FB myself tough to know if she is complaining or complaining in a way to friends etc.. that it isn't what people make things out of marrying a farang?

After all the time of her getting pregnant and immigrating to Germany?  and she still feels this way I would have to give the husband a lot of blame too.  Why? for not having a simple conversation that leaving and living in another country and culture isn't so easy. Obviously from beginning to end she has brought into the thinking if you want a better life marry a farang. What isn't explain if she does believe is we are no different than anyone else. There are people who are rich, people in the middle and people that are just getting by getting by still allows a individual to buy a ticket to Thailand have a holiday etc..

Some how I assume this conversation never happen or she just though the guy was joking?

15 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

I read in a UK paper that 95% Thai wives introduced into the UK end up in the divorce courts.  It doesn't seem wise to take a happy Thai to another country from which, even you, would like to escape from.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CGW said:

What has the world come to? a poorly educated Isaan girl looking for a better life is castigated gleefully for wanting a better life! Why do all you haters stay here - beyond me, you must have had some crappy experiences due to your own inadequacies!

...ahm...what?

If I did for Thailand, what she is doing to farang- Land, you would call me a Thai-basher!

Double standard much?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

You been looking at yourself in the mirror at Ballina or Byron Bay

They get worse in Sydney and Melbourne.

Stone cold ugly.

Why else would you be in Thailand?

By the way-a miss is as good as a mile.

Edited by Odysseus123