Ford unleashes first-ever Ranger ‘Raptor’

snoop1130

http://ph.priceprice.com/Ford-F-150-F-Series-9333/
if they don t sell them in Phil why do they list the price in Phil pesos
it`s becoming clear that some posters need to stop drinking and go to sleep
F-150 is available with steering on the left only while vehicles in Thailand are on the right. I think this is the biggest reason why Ford would not bring it here even if it were sold in Philippines. Additionally it would cost a lot of money here due to high import tarrif on CBUs.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

^ Dude is definitely drunk posting.

Hey this is a forum! Why stop at drunk to back up your argument. Why not call him a racist as well? Also a convenient discussion ending ploy.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

i didn t know that the merc`s, ferraris and rolls have 2.2 litre diesels inserted before they are sold in  Thailand .

I think most Merc's do or are they 1.8 l? 

Did anyone mention the dedicated NGV Merc?

Edited by VocalNeal

I did read the review and was interested when it said it was said to be like a Atv -motocross- and snowmobile.

If its anything like a motocross surely it would need to be nimble with power?

I have read they have already nicknamed it the Ford Craptor .

13 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

yes , there a bmw and mercedes dealer up the road in Ubon. Even out here in the sticks there is money my friend. The second most unequal income distribution in the world, i believe.   As to your knowledge of the 1%, 555, other than watching lakorn with your teerak, the closest you have been to wealthy is the night the bar manager  of the paradise pub comped you a couple of leos.

Does that mean that the companies that sell luxury cars Thailand are owned by people with inferior minds to you?   

www.facebook.com/rollsroycemotorcarsbangkok

www.bangkok.ferraridealers.com/

www.facebook.com/Bentleythailand

www.lamborghini-bangkok.com/en

www.facebook.com/maserati.thailand

www.facebook.com/Bugatti20

Coming from the guy who compared ford's to ferraris... :cheesy:

On 2/8/2018 at 7:18 PM, Dmaxdan said:

I wonder how many people will buy one of these because of the so called status attached and then only use it to go to the supermarket once a week. This is clearly a vehicle that has been designed to go on expeditions across vast, uncharted wildernesses rather than a everyday family car.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Not really, it is built for performance.....I think the idea of twin turbo and 10 speed box make it unsuitable for real long distance overland travel.

On 2/9/2018 at 9:20 AM, peperobi said:

Another "killer car" with the right advertisement, a car to improve the Thai road carnage...

Yes..it would be interesting to see how this car is advregistering other countries as it's sole purpose seems to be that it is driven like a nutter!

On 2/9/2018 at 9:20 AM, peperobi said:

Another "killer car" with the right advertisement, a car to improve the Thai road carnage...

Yes..it would be interesting to see how this car is advregistering other countries as it's sole purpose seems to be that it is driven like a nutter!

This car is a "flagship" model...At around 1.5 million baht, they don't expect to sell many in Thailand.

It is primarily aimed at the Aussie market anywaanywandyand and as there are no vehicles made there any more, the vehicles are built here to Aussie market specs, so why not fling a few on the market here?

Like other export models built here it has more sophisticated drive system and suspension than is permitted in the Thai pickup market.

In fact it serves to highlight the pointless manufacturing restrictions placed on pickups by successive Thai governments.

This is why Honda, Volkswagon, Mercedes Benz and now even the new Navara cannot be sold in full spec in Thailand.

This car is a "flagship" model...At around 1.5 million baht, they don't expect to sell many in Thailand.

It is primarily aimed at the Aussie market anywaanywandyand and as there are no vehicles made there any more, the vehicles are built here to Aussie market specs, so why not fling a few on the market here?

Like other export models built here it has more sophisticated drive system and suspension than is permitted in the Thai pickup market.

In fact it serves to highlight the pointless manufacturing restrictions placed on pickups by successive Thai governments.

This is why Honda, Volkswagon, Mercedes Benz and now even the new Navara cannot be sold in full spec in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2018 at 11:32 AM, hansnl said:

If Ford wants to make a killing and sell the Ranger Raptor worldwide as a premium pickup, then offer the same thing with the 5 cyl,  3.2 litre engine.

A 2 litre engine in a premium vehicle?

Wrong choice!

You are indeed out of touch it h the markets! All companies are downsizing and turbo-ing up. NB Isuzu 1.9.

Power to weight is improved and in many countries tax and price is decided by engine size.

In fact large engines are legislated against pretty muchance eveverywhere now...even in the US.

The Oz home grown cars failed to compete partly because of their engine size - everyone said they liked big engines....but nobody bought them. Now Oz has no motor industry.

On 2/9/2018 at 12:02 PM, hanssna said:

Not bad ... 210 HP offroad. But still a Thai bummer : bring the real (F150)  Raptor benzin engine, with 3.5 liter Eco boost 450 HP on the Thai market, then it has the right to be called a Raptor ( and I'll be very interested ). 

With 300% tax and duties????? Just place your order

On 2/9/2018 at 1:12 PM, canopy said:

This sounded promising, but the puny little engine is a real turn off. What a freaking joke. And don't fall for the peak power spec as this is not that important no matter how you try to sugar coat it. I'd like to see the dyno to get a real idea about an engine. Check this quote from: NEW FORD RANGER RAPTOR ‘IS NOT ABOUT THE ENGINE’

Ford Performance’s chief engineer has reacted to criticism of the brand’s choice of powerplant for the new Ranger Raptor. "If you’re talking about power; if you’re focused on power, that’s not a Raptor. That’s not what Raptor’s about. It’s about the chassis and the suspension"

So unfortunately, it's a truck for grannies. And I would say the same thing if Toyota pulled a stunt like this.

You clearly don't understand the engineering anymore.

...and yes Toyota and all other manufacturers are downsizing their engines.

Edited by Airbagwill

On 2/9/2018 at 6:31 PM, canthai55 said:

As has always been true - all other things being equal - there is no replacement for displacement.

Spending the week in Cambodia, and see all those Lexus, Range Rovers, Toyota Tundras, F150`s, Escalades  ... all with V8`s ...

Crying Shame

Tripe...even RangeRover do a 2.2 litre for severalso years.

The reason for the wide range of old U.S. models in the Philippines is down to their import tax and duties regime and a longtime assoiation the US military.

Laos with no motor industry relies totally on imports and consequently a much wider (and more interesting) range of vehicles....but at a price.

13 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

They probably won't sell many....but having said that there seems a LOT of interest among posters on the Thai ranger facebook page. Of course, the navara could have been sold here with its twin turbo motor and rear coil suspension (made in Thailand for export). I guess they didn't see a business case for it among the locals. I guess ford expects to sell enough of them for export, so the raptor is released for the local market....I'm semi-interested, but will wait until proces are released and it is test driven by the press. It won't be cheap though - ford's engineer on the project said the suspension setup costs as much as the engine (he stressed he wasn't joking).

9 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

You clearly don't understand the engineering anymore.

...and yes Toyota and all other manufacturers are downsizing their engines.

Yep..noone bother's to discuss peak power when talking about diesels. It's all low in the rev range. The small turbo should spool up quickly to give good punch off the line and is bypassed when the bigger turbo takes over for max power. 

On 2/10/2018 at 8:28 AM, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Dude if you’re in the market for a truck and weighing the pros & cons of gas vs diesel and you don’t know that a diesel will have less HP and more TQ than a gas engine then you probably shouldn’t even be buying a truck, let alone commenting on it. 

Modern engines are are extremely efficient and todays turbos will blow your mind. 

Ford rolled this this truck out in Thailand for a reason. To compete in the Thailand market. From what’s available in Thailand, it is more capable than any other available truck, hands down and the facts & specs don’t lie. In fact it’s appears to be better than most comparable US trucks. 

And torque is literally what gets the truck moving. Low-end power. From a stop. Why? Because torque is what you get at LOW RPM. 

ANYONE that offroads will tell you that torque is more important than HP

Anyway if if you’re in Thailand and you can find another factory truck in the same class that is more capable and more powedful I’d be happy to see it. 

"Ford rolled this this truck out in Thailand for a reason. To compete in the Thailand market. From what’s available in Thailand, it is more capable than any other available truck, hands down and the facts & specs don’t lie. In fact it’s appears to be better than most comparable US trucks. "

not really, it's built for Aussie and other export markets....it is just a bit of publicity for Thailand.

Will be popular with sons of the elite though.

5 minutes ago, DavisH said:

They probably won't sell many....but having said that there seems a LOT of interest among posters on the Thai ranger facebook page. Of course, the navara could have been sold here with its twin turbo motor and rear coil suspension (made in Thailand for export). I guess they didn't see a business case for it among the locals. I guess ford expects to sell enough of them for export, so the raptor is released for the local market....I'm semi-interested, but will wait until proces are released and it is test driven by the press. It won't be cheap though - ford's engineer on the project said the suspension setup costs as much as the engine (he stressed he wasn't joking).

With coil etc it would again be a 1.5 million baht pickup...so Nissan can't see the point. I suppose if the Raptor sold in significant numbers then Nissan might follow suit.

There are plenty of Toyota, Mitsus and Nisaans built in Thailand for exports with specs that never see the light of day in Thailand, largely due to their own protectionist build regulations.

The Ford is the same..An export model, (Australia) but it doesn't really cost them a lot to market it here as a flagship. No doubt we'll be seeing a dumbed down leaf spring lookalike version at some later date.

21 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Ford doesnt have F-150's listed for sale on that ford website, and they dont sell the raptor yet either - Its "Coming Soon". 

They sell the Ranger apparently but not the Raptor. 

Its becoming clear that people are confusing the F-150 with the Ranger/Raptor. 

21 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

http://ph.priceprice.com/Ford-F-150-F-Series-9333/

if they don t sell them in Phil why do they list the price in Phil pesos

it`s becoming clear that some posters need to stop drinking and go to sleep

Yes they should have....You are referring to second hand and grey imports. Ford don't sell the 150 in the Philippines.

22 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

Odd they sell them full size F150`s and Raptors in the Philippines and yet Thailand has a per capita income twice of the Philippines. 

www.ford.com.ph

You should contact the  Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari and Rolls Royce dealers in Thailand  quickly and tell them they are about to go out of business.

Since 2012, Ford Philippines imports the vehicles it sells to the Philippine market. These imports come mostly from Thailand and the United States.

they don't offer the 150 in their range

2 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

Yes they should have....You are referring to second hand and grey imports. Ford don't sell the 150 in the Philippines.

they wouldn t be selling grey market raptors if there was no market for them.

Ford Philippines sells Ford Expeditions and they are really just f150 station wagons.

For its entire production life, the Ford Expedition has been derived from the corresponding generation of the Ford F-150 in production, sharing body and mechanical components.  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Expedition

17 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

yes , there a bmw and mercedes dealer up the road in Ubon. Even out here in the sticks there is money my friend. The second most unequal income distribution in the world, i believe.   As to your knowledge of the 1%, 555, other than watching lakorn with your teerak, the closest you have been to wealthy is the night the bar manager  of the paradise pub comped you a couple of leos.

Does that mean that the companies that sell luxury cars Thailand are owned by people with inferior minds to you?   

www.facebook.com/rollsroycemotorcarsbangkok

www.bangkok.ferraridealers.com/

www.facebook.com/Bentleythailand

www.lamborghini-bangkok.com/en

www.facebook.com/maserati.thailand

www.facebook.com/Bugatti20

You may have a point. All these imports are Subject to about 300% of duties and taxes.

I guess if you can afford one of these you may also bein a position to avoid or reclaim some of the duties....graft and influence are readily available to those in that class in Thailand.

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1