Ford unleashes first-ever Ranger ‘Raptor’

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

they wouldn t be selling grey market raptors if there was no market for them.

Ford Philippines sells Ford Expeditions and they are really just f150 station wagons.

For its entire production life, the Ford Expedition has been derived from the corresponding generation of the Ford F-150 in production, sharing body and mechanical components.  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Expedition

I don't think you grasp the situation....Thailand has a huge protected motor industry...The Philippines don't. The local industry is tiny.

THAI regulations put 300 % on the price of a vehicle imported  into Thailand. 

As far as I'm aware the Philippines don't have the same level of duties.

They also have hosted the US military for decades which.means that both US military and servicemen have been shipping US vehicles there duty free for decades. There is also a concomitant trade in servicing those vehicles and this means a residues of US vehicles and cheap imports the years.

You are comparing apples and Lemons....you'd do better to look at Laos which has no motor industry and note the relatively wide range of vehicles on their roads.

Edited by Airbagwill

2 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

I don't think you grasp the situation....Thailand has a huget protected motor industry...The Philippines don't.

It puts 3000 % to import such vehicles into Thailand. 

As far as I'm aware the Philippines don't have the same level of duties.

They also have hosted the US military for decades which.means that both US military and servicemen have been shipping US vehicles there duty free for decades. There is also a concomitant trade in servicing those vehicles and this means a residues of US vehicles and cheap imports the years.

You are comparing apples and Lemons....you'd do better to look at Laos which has no motor industry and note the relatively wide range of vehicles on their roads.

I'm not sure I like the idea of you thinking about what I grasp.  555  as I grasp it at least twice a day.

A poster stated that the f150 had a v8 engine and was too expensive for Thais to buy and too gas hungry.  I suggested that other v8's are sold in Thailand as are many expensive vehicles.  I further noted Ford sells large v8 engined vehicles in the Philippines despite that country being much poorer.

I have been in both countries. I am aware that the Philippines drives on the same side of the road as USA and vehicles can and are imported directly from the USA. I am aware that there was a large military presence in Philippines and the populace speaks english so the manuals do not need to be translated.

As you have quoted my posts 4 in a row now,  I must start to worry what you are grasping as you post

18 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

I'm not sure I like the idea of you thinking about what I grasp.  555  as I grasp it at least twice a day.

A poster stated that the f150 had a v8 engine and was too expensive for Thais to buy and too gas hungry.  I suggested that other v8's are sold in Thailand as are many expensive vehicles.  I further noted Ford sells large v8 engined vehicles in the Philippines despite that country being much poorer.

I have been in both countries. I am aware that the Philippines drives on the same side of the road as USA and vehicles can and are imported directly from the USA. I am aware that there was a large military presence in Philippines and the populace speaks english so the manuals do not need to be translated.

As you have quoted my posts 4 in a row now,  I must start to worry what you are grasping as you post

QED...You really don't geddit.

If You think that the side the wheel is on is important, you might want to take a look in a Thai assembly line.

18 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

If You think that the side the wheel is on is important, you might want to take a look in a Thai assembly line.

15 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

6 in a row....tough day to be a troll i guess.  go back to dreaming about what i am grasping

5 hours ago, maxipeon said:

I see the price 1M7, it's a joke?

This is incorrect (as shown on headlightmag.com). No price has been released. If we are lucky, we will know by the motor show in late March. I guess 17M is possible, but I'm guessing (hoping) it will be lower, as around 1.6M or less. I Ford are pushing to have it still taxed as a pickup, despite it having a rear coil setup. Time will tell. 

• Haha 1

From past experiences I'm in the "wouldn't buy a Ford ever again" camp.

Just for interest sake Jeremy Clarkson on the latest Grand Tour episode had high praise for the Raptor.  :shock1:

I'm just the messenger :sad:

Edited by Daffy D

52 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

From past experiences I'm in the "wouldn't buy a Ford ever again" camp.

Just for interest sake Jeremy Clarkson on the latest Grand Tour episode had high praise for the Raptor.  :shock1:

I'm just the messenger :sad:

It was the F150 raptor. Totally not the same.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Yes i dont think Clarkson would have enjoyed the little cRaptor

Clarkson has been decommissioned iirc so he probably won't be able to air his views on this one 

Hes a petrol man anyway so I doubt anyone cares about what he thinks about new diesels anyway

Clarkson has been decommissioned iirc so he probably won't be able to air his views on this one 
Hes a petrol man anyway so I doubt anyone cares about what he thinks about new diesels anyway

True, plus they (diesels) are being taxed ‘out of the market’ in UK soon. [emoji636]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Vthats true enough and he did say he hates pick-ups but loved the F150 and it was very good viewing first episode that i enjoyed since Top gear ended with the 3 of them.