Buying a House for Americans

Wandr

On 3/2/2018 at 10:11 AM, bkk6060 said:

Contract sales are used in other countries and are not "dodgy schemes".

But, if one does not understand the concept, I guess they will label it as they please.

Your trying to impose western standards of contract law on a country which doesnt hold contracts to  high standard. 

Secondly all the land owner would have to do, is sell the land to a second party (or die) and the new land owner is not bound by the contract whatsoever. 

20 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Where do you pick up anything about a company ?? 

He said he took a lease.. And knows he has 30 years.. He hopes he might have an option to extend in the future but also seems to know that this is not certain.. 

Thats 100% legal, 100% strong, and for 30 years at least.. A safe and solid way to occupy a property. 

My point wasn't about his lease per se but that any Thai nominee company set up to buy/own/lease anything can be construed as illegal. It's the structure which is illegal.

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

Your trying to impose western standards of contract law on a country which doesnt hold contracts to  high standard. 

Secondly all the land owner would have to do, is sell the land to a second party (or die) and the new land owner is not bound by the contract whatsoever. 

Anyone can do anything they want and try to get away with it.

But, that is why it is called a contract.  You get those details constructed properly by a professional.

Like I said, I know someone who did this in Mae Rim/Chiang Mai.  

But if people think it is too risky here, then so be it.

Now, let's hear your great suggestions...........Got any??