Woman, 77, stabs herself to death in front of daughter

webfact

Woman, 77, stabs herself to death in front of daughter

By The Nation

2162c4616c5e048c8d28f2e94e225ffb.jpeg

A 77-year-old Bangkok woman committed suicide on Tuesday by stabbing herself twice in the chest as her daughter looked on helplessly.

Bang Kor Laem police were summoned at 9.10am to the house on Soi Suksawat 7 off Suksawat Road in Rat Burana district.

They found Jaralsri Wangkijpaisarn dead with two stab wounds to the left side of the chest.

Her distraught daughter, Anchalee Wangkijpaisarn, was sitting nearby, saying she’d been too slow to prevent the tragedy because her broken leg was in a cast.

Anchalee said she’d seen the knife in her mother’s hand but assumed she was going to prepare food. The mother suddenly stabbed herself, however, and the daughter couldn’t react in time.

Neighbour Prapraisri Jaikaew, 52, told police that Jaralsri had been depressed over several ailments and spoke of wanting to die.

She wore a prosthetic limb because her right leg was amputated 40 years earlier when she contracted cancer.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339775

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-27

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

Damned sad that the mother had to put her daughter through that. What was she trying to prove?

My sympathies go to the daughter and I hope she can overcome the awful memory.

Maybe she did not want to prove anything... just die in peace... That is what you get in countries where it is hard to get euthanasia. I feel its a human right to die when you want too.. too bad there are only a few countries (including my own) that come close to granting this.

I am sure the old lady would rather have died peacefully after given a sleeping agent and something to kill her.