Arsenal

MiG16

Your "world class stadium" would be perfect for cricket Chicog and you know it.

The atmosphere inside is dreadful. Blame the architects mate....meanwhile we will build a proper stadium which reflects the spirit at WHL.

Polite clapping and happy with never winning anything. Prawn munching yuppy gooner mugs.

Ah smokes I don't know why you come on here with these dull old cliches,just to get baited about what a minor pub team you are.

But as for building a stadium that reflects the "spirit at WHL"....

I'm thinking something like this would be fitting for the tiny totts.

Heysel_29051985_11.jpg

Address them to me then.

I agree with you Smokie - except it is not down to the architecht (Wenger) smile.png

I think this blog is the best explanation Ive seen, even though it's a few years old.

Aesthetically it is a beautiful stadium to visit though! It deserves a higher proportion of passionate noisy fans - unfortunately middle class prawn sandwich wonkers like me are the ones that can afford the prices, so ultimately management brought it on themselves.

WHL 2 will be the same. Levy will go down the maximise revenue route. I might even invest in a couple of debenture seats myselfcheesy.gif. Pass the foie gras would you!

The Emirates Library …. sshhhhhh ……

Written by CarlitoII

Who wasn’t excited to hear about the Arsenalization process of “The Mothership” as I call our beautiful stadium? The reinstatement of the North Bank and Clock End, the murals and all that other jazz designed make the stadium more of a fortress was our CEO’s shining hope to create more atmosphere and add to the uniqueness of the stadium. Does anyone feel it worked?

arsenalisation4.jpg?w=450&h=337

I, for one, feel that the atmosphere at the Grove has been even flatter this year than in years past – the only game that really got going was the game against Birmingham. Now, we’ve never had the loudest fans at home but those away boys do us proud, don’t they? So why is it that the lads behind me barely murmer along to the songs even though they’re barely 20 years old? Why is it that the guys next to me comment to each other as if they’re watching the game in their front room?

Before I get into my explanation, it has to be said that it’s never a flat atmosphere when the spuds, chavs or manks turn up- but against West Ham, West Brom and in particular against Aston Villa last season I felt that the whole stadium and overdosed on Nytol on the way to the ground!

Reason 1: Ticket prices. I pay about a month’s salary for my ticket. In practice, a lot of the members in and around me sell their tickets on for the less glamorous fixtures and this means that we get a lot of football tourists – possibly not even Gooners – coming to watch a game. My choice of verb is important here. They do not seem to consider the need to support the team, and I often find myself becoming part of the show for these good people (“ooh, he’s a colourful character – look at him shouting”)! I won’t blame them or the season ticket holders for selling on. Anyone who likes football would want to come. But if true Gooners could afford to go every week there would be a far better atmosphere.

Reason 2: Easy access. You can get from outside the ground to your seat in about 90 seconds – except you can’t in the 5 minutes before kickoff when everyone’s had the same idea and the turnstiles get blocked. The culture of getting into your seat/ grabbing your spot on the terrace has disappeared so the atmosphere doesn’t build up.

Reason 3: Booze restriction. If you could take your pint to your seat you would stay there, wouldn’t you? The irony of a tournament being sponsored by Heineken and Amstel having a booze prohibition is a matter for a different blog – but I cannot see any reason why I shouldn’t take a beer to my seat for a premier league game!

Reason 4: Plastic fans. I hate to say this but there are too many fans who were not with us before Arsene Wenger’s revolution. The “sing when your winning” mentality has to stop. We need to sing louder when we’re losing. I think this is the main reason why we are doing better away than at home – the real fans sing louder.

This blog is a bit of a rant, but I really believe that the team shouldn’t always be held responsible for the atmosphere at the ground. It’s our part to support the team and inspire them to greater things – we really lack the 12th man. I hope the CEO will take look at some of these factors – even putting “Come on you Reds” on the screens like they used to a Highbury would be a start!

Finally- what is the deal with the food? North London has fantastic food from Bagels to Turkish food, Indian, Thai, Italian- you name it. What do we get inside the stadium? Nachos. Hotdogs. Popcorn in the name of all things holy! This is only going to encourage people to treat a match like a trip to the cinema. Let’s make the stadium a reflection of the supporters and not the corporate ideals of the board- murals schmurals – let’s get ‘em singing!

Edited by SantiSuk

Reason 4 is a good one. Like all clubs that win things, we attracted a load of glory hunters who are now the ones whinging about Wenger. I don't mind them, they are paying to be pissed off, and paying off the stadium while they do it.

Sooner or later they will realise that Essex boys are supposed to support Man Ure, and they'll shuffle off accordingly to claim they've been a Merchandise United fan since Denis Law relegated them.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Girls will never understand blokes and football banter Migsy. Damn, where are the emoticons when you need them*. Im bound to get a ban now!

*Occasionally the text box comes up with all the bells and whistles greyed out on my laptop

I hope she was referring to the snow rather than the herb butter. I hear the same herby butter is used on the asparagus starter in your posh boxes....of which you have far too many of course.

Too posh to clap never mind sing. clap2.gifbah.gif

LOL well

in all the years this thread has been running, and Ive been a mod, and the various crap Ive had to put up with on this thread laugh.png, finally and definitely posts that I can rightfully remove. of course I will jump at the chance to do so HAHA

at least I didnt give you all (Santi included! :whistling:) an 8 day suspension....tempted as I was biggrin.png

(imagines the frustration when they cant post before and after this weekend games....ahhhh )

actually santi - posts from yids and gooners alike were removed

in fact, Im even gonna delete a chocolate pic wink.png

lemme show you what kind of pics are allowed on this thread biggrin.png

Edited by MiG16
couldnt bring myself to delete the chocolate pic. Im hopeless HAHA
  • Like 1

Diaby's out again for 9 months. . .saai.gif Can Wenger please sign some players this summer ! ? !

Wilshere is still out for at least a fortnight too if you hadn't heard.

Always happy to pass on the good news. smile.png

clutching at straws again, or is it white feathers ? tongue.png

Good result with the personnel available, Gerv somehow while looking unconvincing sets up 2 and scores 1!

Could Chelsea fall out of the CL places again?

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Great to see Rosicky back to his excellent 2012 season form. Arsene seems to be capable of getting something out of this team despite it being the worst Arsenal team he has had.

Yippee. Spurs and Everton both just wasted 2 points. Warming up nicely for a photo finish. Too much to hope for the Chelsea Sunderland game to stick at 1-1?

Great to see Rosicky back to his excellent 2012 season form. Arsene seems to be capable of getting something out of this team despite it being the worst Arsenal team he has had.

Yippee. Spurs and Everton both just wasted 2 points. Warming up nicely for a photo finish. Too much to hope for the Chelsea Sunderland game to stick at 1-1?

Yes, too much to ask. What a scintillating performance from Chelsea.