Arsenal

MiG16

Arsenal have 'big interest' in Wanyama
June 3, 2013

Arsenal have already approached Celtic about the signing of Kenya midfielder Victor Wanyama, the player’s former coach has told the Daily Mail.

Wanyama has been advised it may be too soon to make a move to Arsenal

Wanyama, 21, impressed with Celtic as they reached the knockout stage of the Champions League this season and Jean-Marie Abeels, who brought the player through the ranks at the JMJ Youth Academy in Nairobi, has said Arsene Wenger has already been in contact over a transfer.

He revealed Wanyama - who pledged his future to Celtic in April - would relish the chance to move to the Emirates but warned it may be too big a step at this stage of his career.

“Victor’s father, Noah, calls me almost every week and he tells me Arsenal’s interest is big,” he said. “Wenger spoke to Celtic around a month ago and Victor’s father and his mother, Mildred, says he would prefer to go there before any other club.

“I will be speaking to his parents again in a week’s time and Victor also. But I already know that Arsenal have a big interest in the player.

“Everything can change in a minute. It takes just one phone call. It’s all a bit of a show at the moment. It’s all a game. It’s all about money. But Victor wants to go to a club where he will play.

“He is still young and I have told him he needs to be careful about when he takes the really big step. I think myself that it’s better that he has a step in between before going to the really big level.”

Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey was quoted in Kenya’s Daily Nation newspaper as saying he “will be the first to welcome” Wanyama if he secures a move.

“I have watched him play for Celtic,” he added. “I watched him score against Barcelona and I think he is a great player. Whether he will join us is for other people to decide.

“His name has been all over the British press. He is one player I have read many clubs in England are chasing and I have no doubt he has great talent if top clubs in England are interested in him.”

Wenger has dropped the biggest hint yet that he is ready to make a move for 27-year-old Wayne Rooney.

"Rooney could be an interesting player for everybody in the world, who would turn him down?" Wenger told Al Jazeera.

Edited by uptheos

Wenger has dropped the biggest hint yet that he is ready to make a move for 27-year-old Wayne Rooney.

"Rooney could be an interesting player for everybody in the world, who would turn him down?" Wenger told Al Jazeera.

NO WAY !!!

WHO WOULD TURN HIM DOWN !!...ARSENE WILL.

Agreed. I may want Arsene to splash the cash a bit this summer but there are still f_ckwits out there that will play this hobbit 200k + a week. I will be gobsmacked if Wenger is that daft. Always the tactician, I reckon he's just talking Rooney up so that someone else will waste their load!

dont want that Rooney guy.

anyway, to more pleasant news. Here is one of Arsenal's greatest (voted as one of top 50 of Arsenal greats by fans), on a trip to Vietnam

post-22734-0-25475000-1370403254_thumb.j

and this is what he has got to say on another Arsenal legend smile.png

Who was the best player you have played with?

I have to say Dennis Bergkamp. He had so much talent
and ability but he never showboated it. He did it for the team. He never
felt the need to show that he could do this or that for the fans.
That's something I really respected - he always wanted the best for the
team.

Agreed. I may want Arsene to splash the cash a bit this summer but there are still f_ckwits out there that will play this hobbit 200k + a week. I will be gobsmacked if Wenger is that daft. Always the tactician, I reckon he's just talking Rooney up so that someone else will waste their load!

I shouldn't concern. Apart from Chelsea and City, who'd going to pay his stupid wages?

I shouldn't concern. Apart from Chelsea and City, who'd going to pay his stupid wages?

I stated early on last season that man for man, there were probably only 2 United players that I would have in the City team. RVP and Rooney. After the season Rooney has had, I would like to retract that statement andmake it publicly known that I don't want Shrek anywhere near us.

But I'd still have RVP. Hope he has a stinker next year as well tongue.png

• Like 1

I stated early on last season that man for man, there were probably only 2 United players that I would have in the City team. RVP and Rooney. After the season Rooney has had, I would like to retract that statement andmake it publicly known that I don't want Shrek anywhere near us.

But I'd still have RVP. Hope he has a stinker next year as well tongue.png

Can't disagree about Rooney at City, but I'd bet there is a better than even chance that Rooney would get it back together at the right club. If any player ever needed to find another club, its Rooney. Even as dim as he can be, you would think he can hear the bell tolling.

• Like 1

On his wages Rooney probably fancies leaving on a Bosman.

And no jellydog, thats not rhyming slang!biggrin.png

I doubt even you cockneys could think of something to rhyme with Bosman tongue.png

I'm a londoner MrB.

A cockney is born within the sound of Bow Bells as was my old mate Singher. They are stereotyped as the former Eastender cast member Pete Beale, as a loud, fast talking fruit and veg salesmen, speaking with a lisp and calling every woman he meets "treacle." Then there was the legendary Dick Van Dyke port rail....i could go on for hours!

You all thought i was talking about stoney boy didn't youlaugh.png

I doubt even you cockneys could think of something to rhyme with Bosman tongue.png

Didn't he play for Ipswich? rolleyes.gif

Yeah but Ipswich aren't exactly renowned for cockney rhyming slang are they and I was reply to Carms. smile.png

Gawd....I attempt to derail the conversation with off topic comment/trolling and see what happens? :rolleyes:

Anyway...Osman was a decent player....and reminds me of another Osman with dark hair and bushy eyebrows who was on Eastenders.

There you go mrboj....I was well on track after all! :D

Bosman ? Had to do some googling on that one. Roughly equivalent to a "free agent" in the states.

At first I thought it might be a broken down nag or a beat up moto.tongue.png

Bentdner can seemingly only attract the unpopular press (Metro) to his claims that he expects to sign with one of the six clubs that are chasing him ('with a brush', as one blogging wag puts it) within the next two weeks.

Shame his skill levels never consistently lived up to the heights of his ego. Sometimes self-confidence can be extremely self-destructive; can't help thinking he could have made the grade with a more realistic approach (prawn-sandwich-speak for 'you're $hite and you know you are' :-)

• Like 1

Pathetic thread. My local five mins ago....

attachicon.gif1369939037574.jpg

Muppet gooners! biggrin.png

(sighs) I wish just one of those draught ales was available at a sensible price in Thailand.

With your apparent encyclopeadic knowledge of Bangkok, South East England, Failsworth and Eccles, my guess is that the pub is in Arbroath.

Smokie is all mouth and trousers. He drinks the one from the pump at the end - draft Pepsi!

I'm off down my local Pudsey Wetherspoons for lunch. At least ten real ales on at all times. Make mine a Fanta, not :-)

Yer a cheeky bugger Santi....drinking in that fleapit with the cheap charlies.

Meanwhile I am free on Monday for a Bangers piss up if anyone is around.....especially you Santi....I look forward to seeing you fold after a couple of G n T's. :D

Yer a cheeky bugger Santi....drinking in that fleapit with the cheap charlies.

Meanwhile I am free on Monday for a Bangers piss up if anyone is around.....especially you Santi....I look forward to seeing you fold after a couple of G n T's. biggrin.png

G n Ts, lightweight ! call yourself a Scotsman ? piiiiiiiiiiiissssssshhhhhhhhhhh arrrggggghhhhh.

Meanwhile I am free on Monday for a Bangers piss up if anyone is around.....especially you Santi....I look forward to seeing you fold after a couple of G n T's. :D

I'm up for a drink while you are in town smokie :D but can't do Monday

I've given up on g n t though....

Maybe toadie will join us, but you have to find him cider :lol:

• Like 1