Arsenal

MiG16

The dreaded vote of confidence....

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/14977442.stm

laugh.gif

Stupid to paint himself into a corner like that. He could have said all the encouraging stuff without the unilateral undertaking that will make him look stupid if things don't pick up and fans start deserting the terraces. I wonder if Kroenke with all his US sports franchise experience really understands how quickly value can evaporate in soccer.

Having said that the press is rapidly moving from justifiable criticism of Arsenal to completely OTT schadenfreude. For instance some journos were saying how Arsenal struggled to overcome Shrewsbury, completely ignoring the fact it was an Arsenal bench team/reserve team (Gibbs and Benayoun being the only exceptions that could normally expect to have a shot at starting for Arsenal) and it eventually comfortably overcame Shrewsbury in a competition that I think Wenger has now (correctly) decided is unimportant.

Still journos always did have a problem with balance when there's a story to be (mis) told. I guess the Liverpool thread guys know all about how the press go for the jugular when there's a smell of blood in the air - talking about their bad patch last season.

Yes it was a dumb comment and just shows how divided and out of touch your board has become. I believe this is at the heart of Wenger's malaise currently.

He won't get sacked but he might decide to walk...

Changing the subject.

Hats off to the Turkish football authorities. Not only did they relegate the league champions and ban them from the Champions League, but now they have banned men from the terraces.

Hats off to the ladies and children of Istanbul. Apparently 41,000 turned out to watch Fernabahce under the new rules. Still can't quite believe that report on the BBC website.

Please could the Turkish FA take over the running of the English FA and FIFA! Anybody know where I can get a Fernabahce T-shirt for my wife :rolleyes:

Good result against Bolton, but it is only Bolton!

As I predicted previously, Arsenal were being economical with the truth about Wilshere's injury - 5 months (make that a season) rather than 5 weeks. Bummer. Lack of serious analysis of when Vermaelen gets back is just as worrying. Not much chance of a top 4 finish and the boys on the terraces who worry about North London rivalries must now be dreading the relativities with Spuds this year.

Only 6 first choice players available tonight - no Gervinho or Walcott. Good job it's only Olympiakos at home (I have set myself up there I feel). No Koscielny either but that's a blessing - worst defender in the EPL - can't imagine why Wenger selects him.

I'm hoping to see more of Oxlade-Chamberlain; Carling Cup and England U-21's were mouth watering. Somebody at The Emirates please invent a short name for him please; 'there's only one Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain' doesn't exactly trip off the tongue on the terraces.

[As I also predicted, Tevez has shown that he is the biggest a$$hole in the Premier League ... he doesn't even have Joey Barton's redeeming features of humour/passion; '3-0' signalled to the opposing fans 10 days ago was brilliant!]

Chamberlain looks a decent player...beer sucker as well had a decent game...but the rest of your side were average...Arshavin on holidays is he? laugh.gif

Olympiakos must be kicking themselves having given the ball away so often....Bale Modric VDV Sandro Parker Adebayor....hehe we'll look at pass completion next Monday as well I reckon. wink.gif

haha I love it in here...two wins on the trot and you still got the trots right up till Sunday!

to be honest and realistic i would settle for a draw against your lot at this moment in time. sad.gif

hehe we can sense blood and want the win....and a camera angle on the prof the whole game please...maybe some psychiatric support for him but I'm being too kind now..biggrin.gif

Silence form me comes coutesy of TOT who won't fix my internet connection until the rain stops. Awh diddums didn't ya want to get wet then? :annoyed:

Lucky Arsenal. 4 points out of 6 in CL group stages when in reality it could just as easily have been 0. Let's hope the lucky streak continues on Sunday.

I'll be jumping onto a plane to England at Swampy around kick-off time. Last time that happened was against Birmingham in the Carling Cup final.

Silence form me comes coutesy of TOT who won't fix my internet connection until the rain stops. Awh diddums didn't ya want to get wet then? :annoyed:

Lucky Arsenal. 4 points out of 6 in CL group stages when in reality it could just as easily have been 0. Let's hope the lucky streak continues on Sunday.

I'll be jumping onto a plane to England at Swampy around kick-off time. Last time that happened was against Birmingham in the Carling Cup final.

Got the feeling the boys from the lane are getting over confident,i fancy you will get something.

Very poor organisation SS so best you change your flight then . :D

Edited by alfieconn

Got the feeling the boys from the lane are getting over confident,i fancy you will get something.

God , coming from a Man Utd fan this is really rich....:rolleyes: Might aswell add arogant, smug and not very knowledgeable then

Really i think your comments are very smug mate,i only think that the Arse might get something!

dont worry about it Red, its the same story every year.

be a bit of a bummer if the jocks get turned over in the rugby and we did one on your beloved spuds at the lane, hey smokes ? laugh.gif

Really i think your comments are very smug mate,i only think that the Arse might get something!

dont worry about it Red, its the same story every year.

be a bit of a bummer if the jocks get turned over in the rugby and we did one on your beloved spuds at the lane, hey smokes ? laugh.gif

Never mix my codes tigerfish....thank God...ohmy.gif

Can't say much - still haven't seen the game.

What I have seen in recent days is every other EPL manager and his dog queuing up to say what a brilliant manager Wenger has been and why Arsenal should keep him. You'd think the management/ownership would get the message. His peers know he's completely lost the plot and that the longer we cling onto him at all costs the longer it will take for us to get back to any position of strength.

The Sanga broken leg is a real nail in the coffin. The Chairman painted himself into a corner and from a purely business perspective the owner has surely got to sack both or sell out. If he fluffs this one he's going to end up with only half the value he started the season with.

Can't say much - still haven't seen the game.

What I have seen in recent days is every other EPL manager and his dog queuing up to say what a brilliant manager Wenger has been and why Arsenal should keep him. You'd think the management/ownership would get the message. His peers know he's completely lost the plot and that the longer we cling onto him at all costs the longer it will take for us to get back to any position of strength.

The Sanga broken leg is a real nail in the coffin. The Chairman painted himself into a corner and from a purely business perspective the owner has surely got to sack both or sell out. If he fluffs this one he's going to end up with only half the value he started the season with.

I believe in the view that you don't need to change the manager, the manager just needs to change his ways.

Ive been away most of last two months....but am back now!

so will my team!

Welcome mack migsy....I see your side as having to pull two or three big wins out of he hat now or sides will start to smell blood....even if hey go a couple of goals down they will feel you can be beaten mentally.

It could all collapse about the prof's ears very soon if he's not careful!

Now where has your mate tigerfish got to I wonder? biggrin.gif

Edited by smokie36

Ive been away most of last two months....but am back now!

so will my team!

Welcome mack migsy....I see your side as having to pull two or three big wins out of he hat now or sides will start to smell blood....even if hey go a couple of goals down they will feel you can be beaten mentally.

It could all collapse about the prof's ears very soon if he's not careful!

Now where has your mate tigerfish got to I wonder? biggrin.gif

o.k. what do you want to talk about spuds ?

was it the right result ? yes ! we came to play football, but unfortunately the Arsenal and Wenger forgot that its not just about going forward and trying to score goals. bossed the midfield at times, the defence was woeful though.

did we make any noise ? well after the initial usual drab 5 minutes of "when the @#$%s go marching in" it was all Arsenal before you got the first goal and even then when we equalised, we were boxing above our weight. considering WHL is meant to be such a fortress in the vocal leagues.

now down to the Van der FARTs goal ............. hmmmmm.

notice i haven't seen one of you lilly whites post anything about whether it was a hand ball or not. whistling.gif

as for your newly signed striker, you'll learn and find out soon enough why so many teams have shipped him on. here is a clue, he has a tattoo on his left arm saying " only god will judge me " wrong ! ask all his past fellow team mates, especially the African nations ones what they think of him ?

<deleted> me ! you lot are getting as bad as that Chelsea lot. when you've done as much as say Man U and Liverpool in the game then maybe we can start talking.

Edited by tigerfish