Anti-Thaksin Yellowshirt Party To Be Revived With Anti-Corruption Mandate

snoop1130

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Billionaire-turned-politician Thaksin Shinawatra began his political career officially with Palang Dharma before founding his own political party, Thai Rak Thai. Palang Dharma leaders, including Chamlong and Rawee, played a major role in the right-leaning movement against the Shinawatra camp.

New Palang Dharma will support anyone who is honest and capable of leading the country to become the next government head after the election, Rawee said. 

I just threw up in my mouth

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, scorecard said:

"All manifesto of political parties have anti corruption as their policy.'

And some reduced the budgets to fight corruption.

Reducing NACC budget is sensible and prudent for under performing and low  productivity. You simply don't reward under achiever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Srikcir said:

Eradicating corruption in Thailand from its degree of prominence that has embedded itself into the Thai culture, education and even religion over decades, if not centuries, of governance, assures that no political party currently (whether old or new) will succeed. It's not a matter of any party proving themselves.

The foundations (aka "pillars" as identified by Prayut himself) of Thai society need to be reformed en mass. The parade of "smoke and mirrors" so-called constitutions since 1932 have done nothing to guarantee Thai People's sovereignty. Until Thai People adopt a "We vs Them" instead of "color vs color," hi-so vs lo-so, etc. no piecemeal political effort will succeed. And that's exactly what the current junta-crafted constitution and new organic elections laws effect - piecemeal political party power struggles.

Bla bla bla blame the junta for something that has existed here for decades. Well done. 

9 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

My post: "The foundations (aka "pillars" as identified by Prayut himself) of Thai society need to be reformed en mass. The parade of "smoke and mirrors" so-called constitutions since 1932 have done nothing to guarantee Thai People's sovereignty."

Where do you see that I blame the junta? Perhaps you have better insight. In fact Prayut identified the "Military" as one of the pillars. Thanks for the "Well done" in any case - I think.

I did reference "junta-crafted constitution" that was written by the junta-appointed CDC. The CDC introduced the MMA electoral system with the stated intent to diminish the power of large political parties, flood the NLA with small parties and in effect, create a very weak government coalition. Hard to deny the junta didn't intend such a result.  

We vs Them" instead of "color vs color," hi-so vs lo-so, etc. no piecemeal political effort will succeed. And that's exactly what the current junta-crafted constitution and new organic elections laws effect - piecemeal political party power struggles.

You don't even notice it when you complain about the junta its that much of a second nature to you. Talk about a bias.

What Thailand need are honest politicians that are not in it for themselves. If they won't allow themselves to be corrupted then they can clean it up. The moment you become corrupt yourself others have dirt on you and your part of the system. 

Has nothing to do with US vs Them  but all to do with the fact that its hard to be not corrupt if its so profitable to be corrupt. 

Now with the new voting laws new small parties can easier start.. and that is how you get new fresh blood (and old unfortunately) in politics and they will be the ones that clean it up.. not those that have been involved in politics for ages.

Edited by robblok

On 01/03/2018 at 12:38 PM, janclaes47 said:

Great, they can start with Prawit.

if they promise to get to the bottom of the Watch scandal they would probably get most of the votes in thailand. and it could be the first domino. 

4 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

if they promise to get to the bottom of the Watch scandal they would probably get most of the votes in thailand. and it could be the first domino. 

Domino Pizza may have already gotten to Prawit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Reducing NACC budget is sensible and prudent for under performing and low  productivity. You simply don't reward under achiever. 

Oh dear oh dear. So halving the NACC budget whilst doing nothing to contain their own cronies corruption was going to reduce corruption was it?

Bit like sacking the Commerce Minister for corruption but doing nothing about stopping the corrupt fraudulent deal he signed. Not really doing much other than changing the beneficiaries. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, robblok said:

You don't even notice it when you complain about the junta its that much of a second nature to you. Talk about a bias.

No I didn't notice. Maybe because there was nothing to notice.

Making an observation that is fact-based is not a complaint. Certainly you have read the numerous TV presented articles of complaints made against Prayut and the junta by many sectors of the Thai society. By my observation and analysis, many do have legitimate complaints. Even Prayut has admitted to failures.

If you perceive I am making complaints as second nature, it is then no less than your own perceptively automatic defense of the junta with a largesse of undeserved accolades.

Again you criticize my comments from your point of interpretation rather than mine. Your exercise of Freedom of Speech no matter how inaccurate and biased is still welcomed.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Oh dear oh dear. So halving the NACC budget whilst doing nothing to contain their own cronies corruption was going to reduce corruption was it?

Bit like sacking the Commerce Minister for corruption but doing nothing about stopping the corrupt fraudulent deal he signed. Not really doing much other than changing the beneficiaries. 

Contradiction in your post B.B. First you say she did nothing and contradict by saying she took action and sacked Boonsong. I wish Prayut would do the same thing with Prawit. Don’t you agree? 

49 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

No I didn't notice. Maybe because there was nothing to notice.

Making an observation that is fact-based is not a complaint. Certainly you have read the numerous TV presented articles of complaints made against Prayut and the junta by many sectors of the Thai society. By my observation and analysis, many do have legitimate complaints. Even Prayut has admitted to failures.

If you perceive I am making complaints as second nature, it is then no less than your own perceptively automatic defense of the junta with a largesse of undeserved accolades.

Again you criticize my comments from your point of interpretation rather than mine. Your exercise of Freedom of Speech no matter how inaccurate and biased is still welcomed.

Only defend the junta when people like you drag nonsence into the discussion. Like blaming the junta for the color coded politics that stretch back decades (before this junta was there). Its so much a second nature to you you don't even realize it.

13 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes that typical YL allowing corruption to flourish and halving The NACC budget so they would have more problems finding dirt on her. Such a virtue of honesty YL. 

Edited by robblok

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes that typical YL allowing corruption to flourish and halving The NACC budget so they would have more problems finding dirt on her. Such a virtue of honesty YL. 

Rob reducing the NACC budget from 1.6 B to 1.3 B is hardly half. Now that they budget has been increased substancially to 2 B by the junta, you think NACC has improved their efficiency? There are cases dating back 10 years. Since 1999, they only manage evidence for 1/3 out of 3,233 cases and only about 100 convictions. You think that high budget justify their performance? Be honest with your reply please.