I'm charged with money laundering?

SerenityLane

Its 2 cases. 2 different police stations. In case 1 the police seems honestly interested to find the gang behind it. This amount is still blocked on my account. Till investigation is over.

In case 2 the police wasnt interested at all to solve it and made us compromise. I offered to pay 30% to the thai guy that transfered the money to my account and then the police had the money unfrozen. Case closed.

This call gang calls thais and ptetends to be police and somehow make them give them all their details, passwords etc.  Incredible

Localbitcoins blocked the accounts from the scammers and asked for a police report in english. Well I asked the police to contact localbitcoins themselves but I would be surprised if they will do it.

Only the cybercrime unit in Bangkok would stand a chance to catch those guys. The police told me that they believe the gang has close to 300 btc. amassed sofar with that tactic

I assume this is not really a risk with BX exchange, cos when you recive money from them it is from their company bank account, rather than some random person you traded with (and thus reducing the likelyhood that the account is owned by a police suspect).

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 2:21 PM, SerenityLane said:

The bitcoin itself moves inside localbitcoins. So if they are serious enough I will give them a hand contacting the Sweden company.

funny how OP ignores all the comments asking him WHERE THE BITCOINS CAME FROM.

HOW DID YOU GET THE BITCOINS SERENITYLANE?

when did you buy them? how long ago? and from where? where were they stored before you sent them to the exchange in thailand?

answer these questions honestly, or everyone will keep NOT believing your 'story' here and stop thinking you are so innocent

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2018 at 1:05 PM, Jabers said:

funny how OP ignores all the comments asking him WHERE THE BITCOINS CAME FROM.

HOW DID YOU GET THE BITCOINS SERENITYLANE?

when did you buy them? how long ago? and from where? where were they stored before you sent them to the exchange in thailand?

answer these questions honestly, or everyone will keep NOT believing your 'story' here and stop thinking you are so innocent

That way of asking questions means you know nothing about cryptosystem. there's ALOT of ways getting it. You can buy it, you can make more using bitcoin/altcoin markets (read TRADING).

i have same situation, but much worse. When my acc was blocked, kasikorn bank also didn't give me any info why that happened, just sent me to police station. after visiting police station, i went to bankgok royal thai police, that happened in february. They already knew about same cases and i gave them all information about my localbitcoin transactions. Police explained about all this telephone callcenter fraud and told me just to wait couple of months, and also explained that worst thing may happen to me is i will lose my money, because they'll have to return money to victim it's been stolen from, but they can't return any bitcoins to me (of course, that's bitcoin system itself, no government). i'm ok with that, my mistake that i made a trade with new users without any reputation.

I left Thailand twice and came back, but no answer from police yet. BUT later in april police came straight to my home and arrested me. I knew nothing about process and how it should go, but now already know a lot. so there was no warrant, no translator (i dont speak thai), no letters or phone calls from police. they brought me to some province in the middle of nowhere, where money came to my account from. i had to spent 2 days in jail before the court opened (they took me right on songkran, why so?) so i could bail myself out and find a lawyer. 

Making it short, i have 2 criminal cases from different provinces, and have to go there every 12 days to sign that im still in country. provinces are more that 1000km from my home and there is 500km between them.  

and police already WITHDREW the money from bank account without any court! deal is not closed yet, but the money already taken out, like i'm already guilty in some phone calls scam!

that means actually if you're smart thai guy, you can get any bank account from localbitcoin, transfer the money there, get his bitcoins, withdraw it from localbitcoins. Next day you may go to police with your "call-center scammers" story, police will return the money to you and will arrest the farang. PROFIT

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, cryptoprisoner said:

i'm ok with that, my mistake that i made a trade with new users without any reputation.

Building some reputation, then scamming, isn't much more difficult is it?

35 minutes ago, XGM said:

Building some reputation, then scamming, isn't much more difficult is it?

It's difficult if we're talking about ppl with 1000+ trades and verified real names. I believe nobody will risk such an account if it's not stolen or hacked.

Edited by cryptoprisoner

54 minutes ago, cryptoprisoner said:

It's difficult if we're talking about ppl with 1000+ trades and verified real names. I believe nobody will risk such an account if it's not stolen or hacked.

Why don't you just sell on a proper exchange ?

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer and this is what resulted in your problems...

Localbitcoins selling price right now :

bitcoin-seller-cheapest-seller-localbitcoins.JPG.c459e24f634d58f196feeb9cc3ecf304.JPG

Buy offers on a Thai bitcoin exchange :

bitcoin-buyers-highest-bidders-proper-exchange.JPG.1eede8ee29d9a850e512c4b3156dfc0d.JPG

People are willing to pay only 286.9k Baht on a proper exchange vs 293.4k Baht on localbitcoins.

If you sell Bitcoins at a rate hgher than market value then you have to question why people will pay higher than they need to pay.

As a launderer you earn your small fee by processing these transactions but you take all the risk.

The reason is greed.

Edited by ukrules

21 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Why don't you just sell on a proper exchange ?

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer and this is what resulted in your problems...

As a launderer you earn your small fee by processing these transactions but you take all the risk.

The reason is greed.

In my case the reason is i didn't know about THAT type of risks, really. i have nothing to hide and i am not constantly buying and selling via localbitcoins. and really i didn't know about legal thai exchange that time, that's a shame. All my accounts are verified everywhere, why should i do so if i am a launderer or fraudster? 

But all of this talk is nothing, it is already happened. and using localbitcoins in thailand is a VERY dangerous, because police will make a case against you and withdraw your money. i didnt even know its possible to withdraw money from bank account with no court order. dont you see it's not normal also?