DPM Prawit denies the existence of CIA’s secret prison in Thailand

webfact

I interpreted his statement to mean that there is no CIA Blacksite at U-Tapao (Detention Site Green) NOW.

I don't think he is denying that there was such a facility previously. Cables have been declassified which describe the facility and the "techniques" used. Everyone agrees that the tapes had to be destroyed as they would have caused a <deleted> moment in the U.S. and elsewhere.

https://www.thetorturedatabase.org/document/cia-cable-eyes-only-redacted-abu-zubaydah-2300-hours-local-time-04-august-2002?search_url=search/apachesolr_search/overall state of play 04 August 2002

Historically, Thailand's own security services (CSOC/ISOC) have done much, much, much worse things to/on their own citizens, so maybe Prawit should just remain silent?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eligius said:

I have heard that a new watch is coming out and is to be called 'The Prawit Special': it lies every time it tells you the time!

Knock off versions off this have been available for years... it will be cool to be able to brandish an origional P Special.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given the choice of believing this little toad or the Americans, is not a difficult decision. 

The man has shown himself to be totally untrustworthy, so I will not be starting to do so now.

Yes, the Yanks don't ever lie, do they?  How about asking them the same question and seeing what the answer is?

What else do they expect him to say?  What has been the Yanks response to the question of whether they had a secret torture prison in Thailand? 

No one in their right mind would seriously ask any government that question and expect an affirmative answer!

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

"Black sites".....

Voice of America

Ampur Ban Dung

Udon Thani province.

Check it out someday.....

Although you'll never get through the gates without, ahem, the proper security clearance.....

Considering it's "meant to be" a radio transmitting station, it has unusual security, and an awful lot of what appear to be receivers rather than just transmitters.

Been there an awful long time.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:53 PM, sjaak327 said:

555, so it IS true. If this guy denies something, it is very likely to be true. 

Forgive me, but I lost track of the whole watch saga, what was the eventual excuse that got him off the hook ? Simply the denial ?

He did not get off the hook.