DSI urged to prosecute all 400 cases by June

webfact

DSI urged to prosecute all 400 cases by June

dsi.jpg

BANGKOK, 26 March 2018 (NNT) - Thailand's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Justice, ACM Prajin Juntong, has instructed the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) urgently to investigate more than 400 cases under its jurisdiction. 

On Sunday the deputy PM traveled to the DSI headquarters to follow up on the work of the department, in line with his policy requiring that the department must reform itself by expediting investigations, accepting special cases that are clearly not under the scope of work of other government agencies and increasing its efficiency with a focus on personnel development and collaboration with other organizations. 

The DSI’s urgent cases at present are those to which the public is paying close attention, such as a human trafficking case of a notorious entertainment venue and a money laundering case involving the Khlong Chan Credit Union Cooperative. 

ACM Prajin added that the problems and obstacles faced by the DSI will be discussed in order to improve the department’s work efficiency. The DSI has urgently investigated more than half of 400 cases under its jurisdiction and it will try to prosecute all of them by June this year, said the deputy premier.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-03-26

Just looking at the numbers - 400 cases. I have no idea how large the DSI is, that figure to me seems huge to be completed in three months?

It can't be as simple as issuing something like a fixed penalty notice. The fact that it's "special" would suggest these are not going to be straightforward cases.

Unless of course, they are all "95% complete", or perhaps they're just sitting on a lot of them.

prosecute by June of this year or next or even the following one after that.....soundbites again, nowt will happen and no-one is going to go to prison , if it even makes it to court.....which I doubt. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lungstib said:

Be very nice to hear about that one specific case relating to an ex-head of the DSI. Saked for having some 340m baht he couldn't account for I am yet to hear of his incarceration.

Sadly I think you'll find him incarcerated in a luxury villa on an island somewhere.

just to add.. maybe they don't want to complete it because not complete is not something that is frowned upon, but if they complete it and it turns out to be not well done they lose face (just trying to find some reasons why) corruption could be an other reason. 

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Sadly I think you'll find him incarcerated in a luxury villa on an island somewhere.

Not rather in a luxury resort illegally built on protected forest land instead? Seemed to be more the taste of the 'family'...

• Like 1