Collusion in purchase of sewage trucks suspected in 10 provinces

webfact

Collusion in purchase of sewage trucks suspected in 10 provinces

PNPOL610403001000801.jpg

BANGKOK, 3rd April 2018 (NNT) – Counter Corruption Police have called in the governors of provinces where collusion is suspected in the acquisition of sewage trucks after finding the median price was too high and all of the companies making bids were part of a single network. 

Eleven agencies were invited yesterday to a meeting of the network against corruption and malfeasance development project where a plan was finalized in light of graft being suspected in the purchase and hiring of ten-wheeler sewage and dredging trucks in the 10 provinces of Chiang Mai, Chonburi, Samut Sakhon, Phitsanulok, Rayong, Si Sa Ket, Petchabun, Singburi, Samut Prakan and Nonthaburi, covering 12 local administrative organizations. 

Commander of the Counter Corruption Police Division, Pol Maj Gen Kamol Rhienraja explained today that the meeting inquired into a second lot of suspected collusion, and divided alleged wrongdoers into two groups, the first being local administrative officials who set an excessively high median price for the acquisition, and the second being bidding companies, which have all been found to be in the same network. Police also discovered that no Terms of Reference were set for the project, which would have made it available to only nine certified companies nationwide. 

The governors of each of the provinces have been asked to give statements. They have been informed that any government official found to be involved will be charged with violating article 157 of the criminal code. Another meeting will be held on April 9 to discuss action to be taken against the bidders.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-04-03
  • Like 1

Well would you believe it  COLLUSION found in the purchase of sewage trucks  !!

Not just a 1 off, if they looked at contracts for purchase of most items for government collusion plays a major part. 

• Like 2

I seem to remember that when Abhisit was finally shoehorned into government , one of the first things he and his party did was award every government employee a bonus ( 1000 baht if I remember correctly ) for their good work and loyalty.

Looks like this amount was peanuts for a lot of them.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, webfact said:

They have been informed that any government official found to be involved will be charged with violating article 157 of the criminal code.

So please Mr. Policeman, inform us just how many government officials have had criminal charges filed against them for public corruption during your tenure in command???

And of those, how many actual convictions resulted?

I only have 5 fingers on one hand... just sayin'.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

The TAT missed another opportunity again. I admit, I stole the idea from Mexico City, but IP is not an issue here anyway. I will propose this to the sporty tourism minister. Here we can offer a nationwide 2 week tour, bringing locals and tourists to addresses where massive corruption took place. I guarantee a shocking but entertaining vacation in Corruptistan:

618430d0-2aa6-4959-b209-a686a3d30e2b_zps