HIV positive Thai prostitute had sex with “dozens of men”

webfact

Anyone remember what that Bangkok nite owl, Trink said. He could have been responsible for the deaths of many with his ridiculous theories about HIV not causing AIDS.

Back in the days when he had two full pages off crap in the Bangkok post.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Jingjocks Jamaican mate caught HIV and after they put an Advert in the newspaper, no females came forward who also had HIV, thats proof that he must be gay and caught it from a man and that its impossible to catch HIV from a woman

Eh what!  You're 'avin' a giraffe aint yer?

Mind you there may be a hint of truth in your posting.

At any one time only about 20% appx. will be able be able to infect others.

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Beyond me how a prostitute can have unprotected sex with prostitute mongers. They don't like being called <deleted>mongers, for some reason.

Sorry to disappoint you but the real world of this is most do.

On 4/5/2018 at 6:33 PM, bkk6060 said:

All of you condoms are 100% are spreading false and dangerous information.

Truly irresponsible plenty of articles out there about faulty condoms.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-africa-recalls-135-million-defective-condoms-after-giveaway/

apparently this is not a concern as long as you use a faulty condom "correctly", in which case you can "rest easy"

21 minutes ago, OldSiamHand said:

apparently this is not a concern as long as you use a faulty condom "correctly", in which case you can "rest easy"

Given that the virus is not easily caught, I would guess that most normal people would regard protected sex as safe.

2 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Given that the virus is not easily caught, I would guess that most normal people would regard protected sex as safe.

I'd say it is likely to be "safe" too, but I would not "rest easy" if I had sex with someone who I later found out was HIV positive.  

I would definitely get myself checked out to see if I got the virus instead of relying on my ability to use a condom "correctly", or assuming no defect in the condom.  I would hope that everyone would have the common sense to get checked out if they found out they had protected sex with someone who was HIV positive, even though the risks of the virus passing are very low. 

Just now, OldSiamHand said:

I'd say it is likely to be "safe" too, but I would not "rest easy" if I had sex with someone who I later found out was HIV positive.  

I would definitely get myself checked out to see if I got the virus instead of relying on my ability to use a condom "correctly", or assuming no defect in the condom.  I would hope that everyone would have the common sense to get checked out if they found out they had protected sex with someone who was HIV positive, even though the risks of the virus passing are very low. 

Then I'd say you would be worrying too much in this hypothetical situation.

On 4/4/2018 at 4:46 PM, JohnThailandJohn said:

It is actually uncommon for a man to get HIV from a women during regular intercourse

SO ?   I would still use a condom if I met a stranger in  bar , it's called common sense. I hope we learned something since  the 80's-  

4 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Then I'd say you would be worrying too much in this hypothetical situation.

So if you had protected sex with someone who was revealed afterwards to have been HIV positive, you would not get yourself checked for HIV?

On 4/4/2018 at 6:43 PM, quadperfect said:

There is now proof that a hiv infrected female taking art provided free by thailand to any hiv infected person and who is undetectable . Cant pass hiv to anyone.

Also after taking art for a few months nearly all are undetectable.

And what if she does not take her meds, and do not realize she has HIV ? And working in a bar to meet foreigners. Did that cross your mind  ?   

I never taken any antivir meds in my life and after reading about all the side effects I hope I will never catch HIV ,   

Lets take Combivir as an example: 

Combivir can cause serious, life-threatening side effects. These include a buildup of lactic acid in the blood (lactic acidosis), liver problems, muscle weakness (myopathy), and blood disorders such as a very low number of red blood cells (severe anemia) or lower than normal number of white blood cells (neutropenia).

Combivir can cause blood disorders such as severe anemia (very low number of red blood cells) or neutropenia (lower than normal number of white blood cells). Keep all appointments to have your blood count checked while you're taking Combivir.

Some people infected with both HIV and hepatitis B virus (HBV) have had a worsening of their HBV infection after stopping lamivudine, one of the two HIV medicines contained in Combivir. Talk to your health care provider about any changes to your HIV regimen.

Worsening of liver disease (sometimes resulting in death) has occurred in people who have both HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and who are taking HIV medicines and are also being treated for HCV with interferon with or without ribavirin. If you are taking Combivir as well as interferon with or without ribavirin and you experience new side effects, tell your health care provider.

Stay protected during sex is the only advice I can give. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, OldSiamHand said:

So if you had protected sex with someone who was revealed afterwards to have been HIV positive, you would not get yourself checked for HIV?

Bargirl?  Well you wouldn't be likely to know would you?

Somebody in a relationship?  Well I guess I would because there would be multiple occasions, but again hypothetical because by this time you would likely not be using protection.

The real question: would I get tested if I went with bargirls but used a condom? ......absolutely not.

And in fact I lived this way.

The risk is very small:

1. The girl is very unlikely to be hiv

2. There is a risk (say 20%) that she can pass it on.

3.  Transmission risk is very low.

4. Condoms provide very high protection.

Edited by mommysboy

28 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

They are not even in the list of 'less common' side effects. 

Good , so lets all go out and have unprotected sex and act like monkeys . I'm sure it will be fun . 

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Somebody in a relationship?  Well I guess I would because there would be multiple occasions, but again hypothetical because by this time you would likely not be using protection.

The real question: would I get tested if I went with bargirls but used a condom? ......absolutely not.

The risk is very small:

False.

If the risk was 20% she could pass it on 10 's of millions more people would have it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

False.

If the risk was 20% she could pass it on 10 's of millions more people would have it.

True:  At any one time only a certain percentage are even capable of passing a virus on (80/20 rule).

The viral load is very high when the carrier first contracts the virus and then again near the stage when they develop AIDS.

Maybe you are getting confused with rates per act: which vary from 1-1000 to 1-1,000,000 depending on the sex activity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

You can come back to this all you wish,  but it won’t change the fact that:

using a condom correctly=peace of mind. 

you can as well, for you it may be peace of mind.  for others (if they have an ounce of reason) you'd still get checked.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

The risk is very small:

No, the real question hasn't changed from the beginning.  If you had sex with someone who you found out after the fact was HIV positive, would you get yourself checked?

No, the real question hasn't changed from the beginning.  If you had sex with someone who you found out after the fact was HIV positive, would you get yourself checked?
Personally i think all guys in sexual relationships here should be tested regularly. Thai girls often have secret thai boyfriends
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, OldSiamHand said:

Not if I'd used condoms.  Because I know that they are very effective and that hiv is a weak virus that is not easily caught anyway.  It is also a one off event.

But it's not a real question is it?  You are very unlikely to get to know the bar girl is infected! Hypothetical.

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
5 minutes ago, OldSiamHand said:

Personally i think all guys in sexual relationships here should be tested regularly. Thai girls often have secret thai boyfriends

Good advice if you're sexually active, even if protected.  Stupid not to.