Faithful dog stands guard as his master hangs himself from a tree

rooster59

Faithful dog stands guard as his master hangs himself from a tree

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRi7HBClAgZqtpqdil.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

A faithful Thai dog refused to leave his master's side after he hanged himself from a tree. He was thought to have stood guard next to the swinging body of the unidentified man for eight hours.

Locals called Sri Racha cops after finding the man hanging from the tree next to the Bang Phra reservoir on Friday evening.

He was covered in tattoos - one on his left wrist featured the cartoon character Doraemon. 

He was wearing long jeans and had used his shirt to hang himself. He was thought to be about 30 years old.

He had been dead about eight hours and the 7 or 8 year old dog is thought to have been by his side throughout. 

The police found no signs of a struggle but the body was sent for autopsy as they tried to find his relatives.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-07

45 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Just sad... the animal kingdom has more compassion at times...

I know how I feel right now,it will take a special person to comfort the dog,just my thought someone who maybe lost a loved one awhile back and is able to understand how he feels.needs a LOT OF LOVE,but if in my position nothing comes close.when I hurt my back badly,my boy sense'd what I had done.so this dog loosing his owner this way will have to have a special love.

People can whine about the lack of sympathy shown...
However...
Is it possible that living here for so long, that some people have lost so much respect for thai people that they (in this case), feel more for a dog?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thhMan said:

However...
Is it possible that living here for so long, that some people have lost so much respect for thai people that they (in this case), feel more for a dog?

Depends on the person, and depends on the dog. Woof. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dario said:

Very tragic to end ones life this way! There is nothing in this world which is worth to kill oneself. Tragic for the dog as well. He must have loved his master.

Not one of us can speak as to how another's depth of stress can and does affect them....Might be better to say  "In my opinion"...if one feels the inclination to comment on it.

It was the " dramatic" heading that caught my eye though. Dogs just do that.....but to grab a readers attention they call it "standing guard".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meatboy said:

has it been said if it was a thai or foreigner,only about 30 he must have been desperate,but at least he was maybe with the only one that loved him.

I know how I felt when my boy died [38days] ago,my thoughts were I wanted to be with him.it was my wife's love that got me through it,although I shed tears every day.the dog will feel the same.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, soalbundy said:

probably waiting for his food bowl. If the dog was in the UK it would be given therapy by now.

On a pension, free medical,  and given free housing. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, UnkleMoooose said:

It's remarkable that the TV Super Sleuths have accepted the suicide verdict. Has the dog been questioned? Or was there just a little tea money paid....

The dog is saying nothing, he is acting under the motto, 'snitches don't get bitches'.

Seeing the way our two woofers wait for me by the gate if I'm even a few minutes later then my usual time there's no way I could "do anything stupid", I just couldn't hurt them ...

On 07/04/2018 at 4:12 PM, thhMan said:

However...

Sadly, perhaps, that guy's problems are now over.  Also sadly, the dog's are not.  I expect most of us feel for both of them, even though we may only mention one.

You don't have to live in Thailand to lose respect for people .
I feel for the dog.
No offence mate but that's statement sums up a serious problem with empathy in the human race you forgot to mention the man who hanged himself but a sad dog will always pull at our heartstrings.

Who Remembers that American Dentist who went to Zimbabwe to shoot a lion.That was all over the news but the Locals was saying we are hungry and out water is poison and this is what in the news in the west.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

probably waiting for his food bowl. If the dog was in the UK it would be given therapy by now.
I love dogs 2 but all dogs will turn on their owners and eat them if they are strong enough and hungry enough.If that was a locked room the Dog would have been chewing on his feet in a few days.Dogs are only kind because we feed them and selective breeding,its a survival tactic nothing more.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/7/2018 at 2:51 PM, Rhys said:

Just sad... the animal kingdom has more compassion at times...

There is no compassion in the animal kingdom, just action and reaction, compassion requires sufficient intellect to put yourself mentally in another's position. Compassion is a human element that everyone except a psychopath has. I think it was Mark Twain who said:- ''Only human beings can blush, or need to''.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2561 at 2:10 PM, Dario said:

Very tragic to end ones life this way! There is nothing in this world which is worth to kill oneself. Tragic for the dog as well. He must have loved his master.

I have to disagree Dario but nevertheless a tragic end to someones life.

On 7/4/2561 at 2:36 PM, meatboy said:

I to feel for the dog aswell,i have lost my beloved last month,so for a person to die this way is truly tragic.

hope the dog finds a good home,if he feels the same as me right now nothing would help me.

Chin up mate, you have your wife and I presume the rest of your family around you. Be strong for them.

• Like 1

Many of us prefer to stay here than at home where you sit alone in an empty place and waiting to die, day after day the shit t.v show the same program and 90% for the younger, we are almost living dead there. Thailand have fun and excitement, to live with Thai women you have to pay,  nothing is free.

Edited by Starnight
Wrong tropics

4 minutes ago, Starnight said:

Many of us prefer to stay here than at home where you sit alone in an empty place and waiting to die, day after day the shit t.v show the same program and 90% for the younger, we are almost living dead there. Thailand have fun and excitement, to live with Thai women you have to pay,  nothing is free.

What happened to the dog ?