Ambulance drama: Red car driver apologizes to society

webfact

Ambulance drama: Red car driver apologizes to society

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The driver of the red Suzuki Swift that wouldn't get out of the way of an ambulance with its siren blaring has apologized to society.

He has also said sorry "from the bottom of my heart" to the family of the man in the ambulance.

The man died.

The driver of the car is a staff member of the National Institute of Emergency Medicine and would have known full well that he had to get out of the way of the ambulance.

Panuwat Sricharoen asked for people having a go at his wife and family to please stop. It was his responsibility alone.

His wife works for Bangkok's Rathawithi Hospital.

The story has ignited into a Thai style drama with all the trappings of a soap opera after the ambulance staff posted footage online.

With the people in the car members of the emergency services too there are many unanswered questions.

Panuwat said on fan page Street Hero Project that he is prepared for what punishment is coming to him.

The driver of the ambulance is also in hot water for posting the footage because of Thailand's strict defamation laws.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-11

I do think the authorities need to throw the book at this guy and then make it public to at least try and deter others from doing the same. A large donation to the mans funeral perhaps as apposed to a hefty fine.  Of course the cynics will always say they what ever they do nothing will change.

• Like 1

This guy (the one driving the car in a really bad way) is probably more important than we think. Otherwise I don't understand the defamation suit because normally only the rich and powerful do such things. 

Normal people don't bother with such things. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Good, because from the look of the photo, he seems to think he can get away with a wai and all is forgiven.

This being Thailand, in all likelihood, that's exactly what the aftermath will be, notwithstanding the fact that the guy in the delayed ambulance ended up dying.

Has there been any peep from the venerable police about charging this guy with interfering with/obstructing an emergency vehicle or whatever criminal code section would be applicable?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

This guy (the one driving the car in a really bad way) is probably more important than we think. Otherwise I don't understand the defamation suit because normally only the rich and powerful do such things. 

Normal people don't bother with such things. 

There is no defamation suit, yet. 

Only the "fear" of one. The potential.  If Khun sh*tstain does that, I anticipate that the public will go after him such that  no amount of waiing will help.

I don't expect that he is "important" as he would have had some much needed cosmetic surgery to remove his facial growths and straightened his teeth by now.

I am sitting here wanting to take a scalpel to his  growths. They really annoy me.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

There is no defamation suit, yet. 

Only the "fear" of one. The potential.  If Khun sh*tstain does that, I anticipate that the public will go after him such that  no amount of waiing will help.

I don't expect that he is "important" as he would have had some much needed cosmetic surgery to remove his facial growths and straightened his teeth by now.

I am sitting here wanting to take a scalpel to his  growths. They really annoy me.

He does not look important, I agree 100% just wonder why the mention of defamation suit. Empty threat ?

Nothing to see here, nothing new here and of course we know nothing will change anyway. I find it so interesting how people are all outraged AF but are doing the very same thing as well. I've only seen 2 instances of people having moved out of an ambulances way in like 5 years, I was shocked. SHOCKED.

3 hours ago, JOC said:

So if I film a crime in progress...I can get sued by the perpetrators?

You couldn't make this stuff up......Welcome to Disneyland.....(Sorry Walt, it is an insult to your creation)

I wish that was only true for Thailand, but there are other regressive and retarded countries like germany, where some dude got broken into, had everything on his security cams and then got sued by the thief for having been filmed without consent. Thief won the case iirc, but I forgot the names of the parties involved, cannot provide a link at this time :/

A friend of mine was going to the airport (Suvarnabhumi) last week early morning. There was no traffic coming into town. When he got to the airport turn off and overpass he saw that all the traffic was stopped by the traffic police wearing white gloves as obviously someone was arriving.  The traffic was backed up as far as he could see towards Pattaya. 

About four cars from the front of the queue was an ambulance with lights flashing. Apparently not a thought from the traffic/motorway police to move two or three cars and let the ambulance go. It had obviously been there a while. 

So it is not only bad drivers....

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

A friend of mine was going to the airport (Suvarnabhumi) last week early morning. There was no traffic coming into town. When he got to the airport turn off and overpass he saw that all the traffic was stopped by the traffic police wearing white gloves as obviously someone was arriving.  The traffic was backed up as far as he could see towards Pattaya. 

About four cars from the front of the queue was an ambulance with lights flashing. Apparently not a thought from the traffic/motorway police to move two or three cars and let the ambulance go. It had obviously been there a while. 

So it is not only bad drivers....

Had the ambulance crew had half a brain between them, one of them would have exited the ambulance right quick and contacted their urgency to the uniformed idiots blocking traffic. Ambulances also have radio communication.

What you saw there was a breakdown in simple communication and brain function..................

• Like 1
  • Sad 1