Road accidents much higher than in 2017

webfact

Same old, same old. :sad:

Idiots at the top fail to learn (or do not care to learn). :post-4641-1156693976:

I wonder if they understand that 'prevention is better than cure'? Seemingly they don't. 

Maybe, just maybe, change will happen when some 'elites' or their families get wiped out.

Strangely, I do not read much on TV forum from the fawning sycophants of the current PM. :whistling:

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The seized vehicles would be returned to the owners after the seven-day accident-monitoring period, she added. 

The seized vehicles should be put on auctions and the avails should be handed to innocent accident victims. However, TIT and I think the money would just end up in the wrong hands as usual.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Maybe the Junta is the best option for these stupid, stupid people ! 

I don't think that's enough, in Laos we have a "junta" since 1975 and they act worse than the Thais...

Edited by Farangdong
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

I was forced to watch the waste which is Songkran (90 minutes to do 500 metres on a necessary journey.)  Besides the waste of life and water, I was struck by the enormous waste of fuel as I watched my average kilometres to litre dwindle from 14 to 8; as I listened to diesel pickups roaring & belching black smoke onto the many pedestrians innocently taking part in this huge nonsensical celebration.  My ears hurt as gigantic speakers vibrated the whole car; as engines were revved to screaming point.  My overall impression was a primitive people at play.  

Best Holiday in the world. I have encountered 24 of them and love it every time. You need to stick your head under a rock

The statistics given every year are meaningless really because they are provided by official reports from hospitals only. So these figures only cover people killed immediately on roads during the Songkran period, not others who die from their injuries a few days or weeks after Songkran. Likewise the injured. Only the very serious injured people go to hospitals. Many more go to clinics or just go home and treat their injuries themselves, so none of them are included in the official statistics. Then in the days/weeks following Songkran there are numerous people who develop ear/eye/throat infections from having dirty water throw into their faces, these people go to clinics for treatment and are never included in any official statistics.

The statistics given every year are meaningless really because they are provided by official reports from hospitals only. So these figures only cover people killed immediately on roads during the Songkran period, not others who die from their injuries a few days or weeks after Songkran. Likewise the injured. Only the very serious injured people go to hospitals. Many more go to clinics or just go home and treat their injuries themselves, so none of them are included in the official statistics. Then in the days/weeks following Songkran there are numerous people who develop ear/eye/throat infections from having dirty water throw into their faces, these people go to clinics for treatment and are never included in any official statistics.

Where is statistical methodology explained or confirmed?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Congratulations and a well done to the Thai people for not sitting back on their number 1 laurels. And a special tribute to the enforcers for their cunning disguise of initiatives purporting to reduce the numbers while simultaneously not hampering the people’s dedication to retain that no 1 slot. Cheers all round!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Best Holiday in the world. I have encountered 24 of them and love it every time. You need to stick your head under a rock

Many more (mainly empty) heads were stuck under the wheels of a vehicle. I have a feeling you are of a similar intellectual level,maybe to meet the same eventual  fate ?

• Like 2

Why do they call the Songkran days deadly when the road deaths are about average for the rest of the year? In other words, there is no increase in road deaths during Songkran. 

Average road deaths in Thailand - about 25,0000 a year

Divided by 365 is about 66 a day. So for 4 days that would be 264.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Many more (mainly empty) heads were stuck under the wheels of a vehicle. I have a feeling you are of a similar intellectual level,maybe to meet the same eventual  fate ?

Remember to get your cane when you walk to avoid injury. Get real. I'm 25 - 26 years here, have just built a new house changing out from the old, 2 cars, 5 motorcycles and 3 kids. The only thing bad about the water festival was the cops harassing foreigners at Thapae Gate for carrying a can of beer. Not in the no alcohol square but Starbucks side. I enjoy all 3 days. Day two is family and temple. I think you perhaps may be a very dull person.

• Like 1

An oath taking ceremony in Sumat Prakarn where 380 drunk Drivers vowed never to repeat the offence before being taken to Court

Only in Thailand :cheesy:

the only way to stop re-offending is to put these animals in Jail for 2 years 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kannot said:

who gives a s h i*................well not the Thais, they sure dont want to follow any rules except their bowing and kowtowing hierarchical nonsense

Exactly !

I have no feeling and no emotion for them and their families, they just all get what they deserve for being so stupid !

It's just a bit sad that some kids have so much idiots parents, but this is life and we cannot change anything.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, markaoffy said:

So motorbike is seized because if an illegal act , drunk driving etc! Seven days later given back and that’s the punishment ! Does the country have any meaningful laws!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Too leanent with any form of punishment towards a Thai, mainly because no self control really 

4 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Though 25000, mostly testosterone fuelled young men on motorbikes dying on the road each year, will have a positive knock on effect on reducing population growth. If each of them were to have had 3 children, and each of the children 3 more..................................and so on.

you mean children they take care of or the ones they run away from? both of those should be more than 3 per piece of sxxt

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Well, I wonder why you get along so well with them... same "who cares" mentality?

• Like 2

Sweden: 5 M cars, 0.35 M motorcycles, 6 M bicycles                        Total vehicles     11.35 M                Road deaths 263 persons per year

Thailand: 8 M cars, 20 M motorcycles, 0.5 M bicycles                       Total Vehicles    28.5  M                 Road deaths 26.000 persons per year