British man beats  wife to death in Ubon Ratchathani

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why else marry?... well for starters... who's going to cook for me, do my ironing, washing, clean the house, wait on me hand and foot?, who's going to make me feel like a king in my own home?....yes, of course, I jest with this rhetorical bumf.... 

I kind of agree with you on your comments of the 'non-obligation of women'... but men also have this very same 'non-obligation' to hang around under such circumstances... IF he is not happy, move on, divorce... 

You mentioned that you are gentle, while at the same time seemingly justifying murder. You are blaming 'her' for not moving out of a marriage in she did not want to be physical instead of blaming him for not moving out of a marriage in which his needs were not met.... I hope I'm misunderstanding your comments... But what's to say his needs were not 'healthy' because it appears that his state of mind is certainly not.

You seem to be blaming the Wife, and while a sexless marriage is a perfectly reasonable reason for separation, it's not for murder, not even close - he could have walked away at any time. 

It is horrible what happened . I wish it hadnt. If i had been there i would have tried to stop him even at risk to myself and possibly no thanks from the women. But..all over The world women use emotional violence as men do physical violence. Both are destructive. I doubt this man actually intended to murder her. In french law it might be a "crime of passion' and subject to no punishment. She knew the man when she married him. All round the world I see women choosing vile men, tattooed hulks and violent bullies. Then they are surprised when the same negative energy is turned on them.  They made their  bed they chose to lie in....or not in this case. As a Farang I accept I have to be culturally sensitive here. However, cultural sensitivity is a two way street. The situation described is as tragic as a car crash by a drunk driver. How much sympathy should we have for the drunk driver? 

15 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Ever heard of "love"? it is possible between Thais and other nationalities. Married 20 years myself, well to my wife actually..

thank you for the enlightment...so love means to end up in bashing or stabbing or shooting your partner to death ?

British man charged over wife's death in Thailand

BM.jpg

Kevin Smitham pictured with his wife Kanda in 2016

Image: FACEBOOK

A British man has been charged with manslaughter over the death of his wife in Thailand.

Kevin Smitham, 51, from Nottingham, is accused of killing Kanda Smitham, 29, on Sunday following an argument at a house in the northeast of the country.

Thai police told the BBC that Mr Smitham confessed to hitting, kicking and strangling Mrs Smitham but denies trying to kill her. The Foreign Office said it is helping a British man following his arrest.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-43811623

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2018-04-19

A Nottingham guy, and I must say he looks very Nottingham. You bu****er about with a guy's wife in Nottingham and there are going to be consequences. Should've left this sh*t at home.

Edited by nausea

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, Jeremy50 said:

I'm a Brit,and  I say throw the book at him. The poor wife murdered because she 'refused to have sex'. Every woman has the right to say NO. Just because you are married doesn't give you ownership of her body, or some special right, in any way whatsoever.

Not for the Thai law it isn't.

A married Thai woman is obliged to give her husband sex whenever he wants.

No sex is for the Thai law grounds for oncontested divorce.

Not for murder, no. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poanoi said:

what a sweet little thing

yes P a little tooooooooo sweet who can give you a funny taste in your mouth.

we can only guess or think why he was pushed to the limit.

did she tell him one or more of the kids he believed and loved wasn't his,as we all now that can be the limit as you can only take so much,before the  heart gets torn and the brain is no longer in control.

11 minutes ago, meatboy said:

did she tell him one or more of the kids he believed and loved wasn't his,as we all now that can be the limit as you can only take so much,before the  heart gets torn and the brain is no longer in control.

He said it was because she refused to have sex with him that night,  but you appear to know better than him; regardless of your wild speculation, he beat her to death, which was completely unnecessary and unacceptable, and he needs to be held responsible for his savage and violent deed

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, car720 said:

Agreed.  And we also must remember that most men have absolutely zero idea as to why a woman is attracted to a man in the first place.  Contrary to popular belief it is not always for his dongle.

Popular belief? 

Not a common belief at all.

Even this guy would know it was for money/security.

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I already have ...... but that doesn't explain what you mean;  why don't you back up your one liner with an explanation ??

i think she look adorable, i have no idea how to elaborate on that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

Truly tragic.  He doesn't look the type, does he?  

That's the problem, they never look "the type" before things go wrong.

I think the bottle of beer in the pic is quite a clue.

Without demonising alcohol, i think it often has a major role in many mishaps and misdeeds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

That's the problem, they never look "the type" before things go wrong.

I think the bottle of beer in the pic is quite a clue.

Without demonising alcohol, i think it often has a major role in many mishaps and misdeeds.

True, things can go horribly wrong when under the hammer of a women constantly bickering and moaning  in your ear.... plus a Chang beer too many! It just may be he simply cracked, and she paid heavily. A sad demise, all things considered. Feel sorry for all parties involved.

Edited by SpeakeasyThai

Just now, SpeakeasyThai said:

True, things can go horribly wrong when under the influence of a women constantly in your ear and a beer few too many. It just may be he simply cracked and she paid heavily. A sad demise, all things considered.

Yes, honestly i have been there before.

One morning, after a sleepless night, i decided to stay clear of drinks to be able to manage a difficult relationship.

After a few days, i was clear and strong enough to split amicably.

I learned to drink in moderation, only if i am in good mood, whenever i have problems, i stay clear of it !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meatboy said:

people adopt children 

and love them as their own

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

He said it was because she refused to have sex with him that night,  but you appear to know better than him; regardless of your wild speculation, he beat her to death, which was completely unnecessary and unacceptable, and he needs to be held responsible for his savage and violent deed

I don't know what happened to my previous reply as there was nothing to get it wiped off.

as I said he will be held responsible for is actions,but do you find it strange he is to be charged with,

ONLY MANSLAUTER.     thai news page 369.

as for speculating the reason for what happened,i have been here long enough to understand most of who does what.

but for someone who carries out an attack of this nature,there has to be some sort of what happened.and while I am speculating where were the 3 kids while this happened.

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Yes, honestly i have been there before.

One morning, after a sleepless night, i decided to stay clear of drinks to be able to manage a difficult relationship.

After a few days, i was clear and strong enough to split amicably.

I learned to drink in moderation, only if i am in good mood, whenever i have problems, i stay clear of it !

A very wise observation and practice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meatboy said:

" . . . we all now (sic) that can be the limit as you can only take so much,before the  heart gets torn and the brain is no longer in control."  Oh, really? Don't try using that hogwash in court.

4 hours ago, Justfine said:

Popular belief? 

Not a common belief at all.

Even this guy would know it was for money/security.

Gee, and here I was thinking a woman most wants to be proud of her man and what he can accomplish.

• Haha 1