Route 7 Bangkok to Pattaya will cost 105 baht from today (Thursday)

snoop1130

Route 7 Bangkok to Pattaya will cost 105 baht from today (Thursday)

vfgbfg.JPG

The new charges for trips between Chonburi and Pattaya will be introduced on Route 7 from April 19th, Thursday.

Director of the Highways Department Thanin Somboon said he foresaw no problems after testing and information about the system has been provided since early January, reported PPTV.

All is expected to run smoothly though the public are especially asked to prepare the right money so things can be sped up in the initial and relatively unfamiliar first few days. 

Costs on the Chonburi to Pattaya section are 10 baht to 105 for four wheeled vehicles depending on the distance traveled. Six wheel transport costs are between 45 baht and 170 baht and larger vehicles 60 to 245 baht.

Thus the whole journey between Bangkok and Pattaya for a four wheel vehicle will from now on cost 105 baht compared to the previous 60 baht.

Six wheelers between the two cities will cost 170 and larger vehicles 245 baht. 

Source: https://www.pptvhd36.com/news/ประเด็นร้อน/79733

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-4-18
  • Sad 1

I am sure many people have been preparing for this for some time as we watched the booths being built and then the long period that they sat there as drive-bys/throughs. My question is have they now closed off all the little entry/exit points that they had to towns that don't have a toll exit? I am particularly interested in Sri Racha, as I will have to be taking quite a detour if they have closed off the Sri Racha exit. 

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

I don't think the cost increase is going to cause as much of a problem as the traffic jams at the added toll booths that will apparently be activated.

All of the toll booths have been active since the beginning of January 18, just that no additional toll was added, in fact I think that the traffic on the section Chonburi to Pattaya will reduce now that the toll is being applied, as since January it was free.

Hopefully that in turn will reduce the queue to the toll on to 36.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mattd said:

All of the toll booths have been active since the beginning of January 18, just that no additional toll was added, in fact I think that the traffic on the section Chonburi to Pattaya will reduce now that the toll is being applied, as since January it was free.

Hopefully that in turn will reduce the queue to the toll on to 36.

I haven't driven down there in a while.  Thanks for the heads up.  I just remember the epic traffic jams at the toll booths on the Motorway and the old tollway.  Every time I drove through a new toll booth that hadn't started collecting, my heart sank thinking about another one of those jams.  And having an M-Pass (?) didn't seem to save much time since the M-Pass lane was jammed with people trying to sneak in to the front of the other lines.

Edited by impulse

That is a huge increase, and will probably drive the budget conscious drivers to the tool free roads.
Dont think people would want to waste another 30 mins using Sukhumvit from Bangkok with all the traffic lights and heavier traffic.

Way too big a price increase and what a ridiculous figure--105 baht.  Totally brainless.   And, yes, we have an M Pass but lots of times the backup is so long at the toll booths that there's a long wait just to get to the M Pass lane.  And, coming up with a figure like 105 baht is just going to make it worse.  It goes without saying that it's the 21st century and there shouldn't be any toll booths on the highways at all.

Depending on where you are from, 105 baht for nearly 150km of journey is reasonable. In Bangkok, you pay 70B for 25km Don Mueng tolway. As usual, consumers have choice to use bangna trad and Sukhumvit road if they find it costly.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, FracturedRabbit said:

Buy an M-Pass, fill it up and forget about needing coins!

M-Pass does not work so well.

You can drive in on the expressway but not out. Sure enough, the amount you have on the account is shown but the bl__dy bar does not open. Yes, yes just change the M-Pass, right? I have had 5 M-Passes with the same problems.

Bought EZ-Pass - never had any problems whatsoever!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mattd said:

You don't say which direction you will be coming from?

All of the none toll exits have been closed off since late December 17, if you want to go to Sri Racha from the Bangkok direction, then you must exit at around the km 75 area, it is clearly signposted and it is the road where the old motorway used to join 7 before it was widened and the flyover was built.

If you are approaching from Pattaya towards Bangkok, then it might be better to stay on 3, as there is no real easy way to do this from 7, especially now the tolls are active, as I'd expect the frontage roads to get busier and the area around the Laem Chabang turn off gets jammed up due to the lights.

Thank you Mattd. I did want both directions.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That would have been substantially easier had the charge been 100 baht rather than 105 baht! There might be an increase in accidents of people driving into barriers and off the side of the road as they fumble in pockets for that elusive coin!

Please don't tell me you expect logic and common sense in Thailand. Come on! There really is no limit to how stupid these people are.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Please don't tell me you expect logic and common sense in Thailand. Come on! There really is no limit to how stupid these people are.

Well whenever I reach that limit, my wife puts me straight!

5 hours ago, Hawkcarl said:

M-Pass does not work so well.

You can drive in on the expressway but not out. Sure enough, the amount you have on the account is shown but the bl__dy bar does not open. Yes, yes just change the M-Pass, right? I have had 5 M-Passes with the same problems.

Bought EZ-Pass - never had any problems whatsoever!!

Strange, works fine for us on multiple trips to Bangkok and back.

Made quick Bkk round trip run today and noticed they underestimated amount of south bound traffic that would exit at Rayong/Banglamung highway 36.  Two lanes of traffic were backed up for over a km trying to take exit this morning (830am) and late afternoon it was even worse on my return (330pm).  In the morning one south bound lane was clear two were backed up and in the afternoon even right lane was at a crawl for over km till parallel to toll gates.

14 minutes ago, ballbreaker said:

Made quick Bkk round trip run today and noticed they underestimated amount of south bound traffic that would exit at Rayong/Banglamung highway 36.  Two lanes of traffic were backed up for over a km trying to take exit this morning (830am) and late afternoon it was even worse on my return (330pm).  In the morning one south bound lane was clear two were backed up and in the afternoon even right lane was at a crawl for over km till parallel to toll gates.

We noticed this, too, last trip we made.  Very poor planning.

4 hours ago, ballbreaker said:

They only had 4 southbound gates to Hwy 36 and it was backed up 2 KM in February, when I was there. I thought they would fix it prior to April. guess I was wrong. they probably need 10 gates with all the truck traffic to Rayong. Maybe this will be relieved when the extension to Map Ta Phut opens, maybe mid 2019?

It was jamned up even before the tol collection started, fortunately Im using easy pass and eveything was smooth.

On 4/18/2018 at 8:13 PM, KhunBENQ said:

The 105 Baht is really ingenious.

Why not 103.75 Baht :cheesy:

5 Baht coins running out soon.

Stock up!

Or you can pay with 5 one baht coins!     Or any combination of 1 and 2 baht coins.

Edited by Spaniel
add additional info

On 19/04/2018 at 8:41 AM, torrzent said:

That is a huge increase, and will probably drive the budget conscious drivers to the toll free roads.

Tell me what toll free roads to use??

extra kms might have to be travelled therefore more money....which could be more than the toll on 7....which is a very good road....also one would spend more time driving !!

• Like 1