4 days spare after C/M where would you go?

Clive

Good afternoon.
Im trying to plan my holiday and after visiting chaing may for 6 days I have 4 days spare so seeking advice on where to go to before going to bkk and the beaches.
Are there any good jungle trecks still going in C/M (not sure the cost) or anywhere else you could recommend please?
Thank you so much  

A wonderful smorgasbord of choices is available :)

What do you enjoy ? Are you interested in any aspect of Thai culture; do you want to party-down, or up; you want high-end with all amenities, or, backpacker  bargain ?

A few words from you to ... focus ... please.

And, do consider the weather this time of year where you might go.

~o:37;

just looking for something to do for a few days in Chaing rai but as I only have a few days spare looking at the quickest way to get to chaing rai.
the lanna walks look great but need to be not too strenuous as I don't want my 2 children ages 11 and 14 to struggle too much it it to far. Not really into partying just fun filled family stuff.
My kids are half Thai but I haven't been back for about 6 years now but can embrace Thai culture and food.
Many thanks 

The VIP buses to Chiang Rai at the Arcade Bus Station are a pleasant way to go. Best to book a few days early.

If you are up for driving ... or hire a car and driver ... taking into account possible heavy storms ... my idea of a wonderful trip:

1. CM to Chiang Dao, explore caves

2, Chiang Dao north to Wat Tub Thao near Chai Prakarn:  another fantastic cave

3. next day: high mountain road to Doi Mae Salong ... to Doi Tung

4, to Mae Sai for day and a night

5. back to Chiang Rai, visit Wat Rong Kheun ... onto Payao to CM

~:037;

• Like 1

By road, bus or car up to Thaton. One night in Thaton and next day bamboo raft to Chiang Rai and nice hotel accommodation. Lots of flights from Chiang Rai to Bangkok and maybe the odd one to the south. I don't think the OP has mentioned what time of year he is planning for. It could be 40'c hot season weather or cold 12'c and rain if you are unlucky during the cool season.

+1 for Maehongson.  

I think Kan Air flys there direct from Chiang Mai.  While there, you can go see the Bamboo Forest, Pang Ung reservoir, Ban Rak Thai, Karen Longnecks (if a human zoo is your kind of thing).  Great temple up on the hill overlooking the valley.  Beautiful mountain views.  Very laid back.

On 20/04/2018 at 9:31 PM, Dante99 said:

Check into The Four Seasons Resort in Mae Rim or go up to their tented camp in Chiang Rai.   They can fix you up with anything you want and have excellent cars and drivers.  

there are NO excellent Thai divers here or even in CM !!

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Airalee said:

+1 for Maehongson.  

I think Kan Air flys there direct from Chiang Mai.

Kan Air folded well over a year ago which is a huge shame as used to love that flight in their Cessna. Bangkok Airways fly there using a high wing 60 seat or so aircraft. 

20 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Kan Air folded well over a year ago which is a huge shame as used to love that flight in their Cessna. Bangkok Airways fly there using a high wing 60 seat or so aircraft. 

Thanks...good to know.

Also near Chiang Mai are the Queen Mothers gardens, probably need a taxi....very beautiful with fountains over water criss crossing themselves you can walk through and under. I thought they were some of the most gorgeous gardens I have ever seen. I think the kids would enjoy them as it is up on the mountain.

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

Thanks...good to know.

Another +1 for Mae Hong Son. Bangkok Airways do fly there from Chiang Mai using ATR-72s. Nok Air have just started nonstop flights from Don Muang to Mae Hong Son as well. But I think the way to go would be to do a self-drive, do some stops along the way, or perhaps the whole Mae Hong Son loop drive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Go to Chiang Rai but don't tell everyone.  You will absolutely love it after Chiang Mai.  Black House museum,  Doi Mae Salong,  mountain Tea plantations, Golden Triangle.  All worth seeing.

I would add the fabulous Hall of Opium Museum in Chang Sean to the list. Stunning displays and easy to spend 2 hours there. There are/used to be other opium museums in the area but make sure you go to this one and assure you will not be disappointed even with the slightest of interests. 

http://www.maefahluang.org/?p=315

• Like 2

Head to Loi Kroi on your first spare afternoon and you may find that the four days pass so quickly! 

But if you are looking for other physical action then Lake Tung Tao is a good day out and you could also head to the waterfalls nearby Mae Rim. 

Hire a mountain bike, get a red bus up to Doi Soiket and ride down taking the rough route. 

Chiang Mai Zoo, but go early as the animals have siestas. 

Relax at Hard Buack Park and have a massage. 

PS. The Green Bus company have numerous coaches daily running between CM and Chiang Rai. 

Enjoy ?

16 hours ago, Mahseer said:

I would add the fabulous Hall of Opium Museum in Chang Sean to the list. Stunning displays and easy to spend 2 hours there. There are/used to be other opium museums in the area but make sure you go to this one and assure you will not be disappointed even with the slightest of interests. 

http://www.maefahluang.org/?p=315

Thanks for sharing interesting read and hope to visit sometime