Power Outage In Rawai

Jimi007

I have been out of power for the last 8 or 9 days...

Currently welcoming the incoming rain from the East which means considerably cooler air.

Living in the jungle. It'll be fun, they said.

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Heavy rain last hour here in Kata. Maybe fuse blown in Chalang.

The power went out before the rain and lightning hit here. The power grid around here is very odd. The Soi closer to me can still have street lights on, yet my power is out. Or Viset Road and the Beach Road can be out and mine is on... 

2 hours ago, oilinki said:

I have been out of power for the last 8 or 9 days...

Currently welcoming the incoming rain from the East which means considerably cooler air.

Living in the jungle. It'll be fun, they said.

I'd be looking for a small gasoline generator. I think cheaper than a solar panel, battery and controller. But a bit more noisy! 

3 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Use to have them a lot, now never.

Rural Thailand ain't that bad lol

One day the kwai on the treadmill will give it away and you will wish you were back in the big smoke surrounded by high tension wires.

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2018 at 11:18 PM, Jimi007 said:

I'd be looking for a small gasoline generator. I think cheaper than a solar panel, battery and controller. But a bit more noisy!

I just bought one for 28.000 Baht. It's a diesel, doing 6 kW on 220V 50Hz, and 12V DC @ 8A. Not bad, a quieter version with the same power costs 9.000 Baht more. It keeps the irrigation pumps running well, promised are 3 hours on one litre diesel. Since we are running only short tests until everything is built I cannot confirm the "mileage". But the welder runs well on it :-)

Gasoline generators are cheaper, but I prefer diesel for these jobs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

I just bought one for 28.000 Baht. It's a diesel, doing 6 kW on 220V 50Hz, and 12V DC @ 8A. Not bad, a quieter version with the same power costs 9.000 Baht more. It keeps the irrigation pumps running well, promised are 3 hours on one litre diesel. Since we are running only short tests until everything is built I cannot confirm the "mileage". But the welder runs well on it :-)

Gasoline generators are cheaper, but I prefer diesel for these jobs.

That's a bit more than I care to spend the the rather infrequent power outages, that usually don't seem to last that long. But after reading a comment on the MOSFET's going out due to the heat on solar panels, I am not too sure that is a good alternative either.