Railway Station Parking

EL159

Next weekend, am taking the train to Lampang from Chiang Mai, returning the next day. I know the station has quite a big car park at the front, but does anybody know if its OK to park my car, leave it overnight, pick it up on my return the next day....in much the same way you can at the airport.

This will be my first ever rail journey in Thailand, and anxious to do the right thing, and not get my car clamped or towed away!

Thanks for any advice on this.

Depending on how far from your home I would be going by GRAB.  We left our Nissan sedan in a supposedly, pay for, secure parking area next to the  Bus Arcade. Only gone 3 nights on return every badge had be removed from the car by what looked like a screwdriver.

The operators took no reponsibilty.... mai phen rai

EL159

There are two areas, one inside the railway compound and one outside the compound.

You have to pay to park inside the railway compound to the parking booth because your car will be clamped if you don't pay. I parked my bike there a few months ago when I took the train and everything was fine.

Outside the compound, you might get a summons from the traffic police or car get stolen.

Edited by EricTh

10 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Depending on how far from your home I would be going by GRAB.  We left our Nissan sedan in a supposedly, pay for, secure parking area next to the  Bus Arcade. Only gone 3 nights on return every badge had be removed from the car by what looked like a screwdriver.

I supposed you took the bus instead of the train. There is paid parking lot at Arcade too.

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Happened to me at CNX many years ago. New badge pulled off the hood during a day trip to BKK.

1 hour ago, Puwa said:

Happened to me at CNX many years ago. New badge pulled off the hood during a day trip to BKK.

Shouldn't these car park operators be responsible? After all, they are paid per day.

If we park our cars/bike in a public place, then we can't blame anyone.

Edited by EricTh