Brit attacked by "dangerous" Swedish man in Koh Chang - 16 knife wounds but assailant reported out on bail

webfact

Brit attacked by "dangerous" Swedish man in Koh Chang - 16 knife wounds but assailant reported out on bail

31505953_963534017148570_2437005108500758528_n.jpg

Image: Facebook Dick Markinson

Reports are coming in about a knife attack on a British man in Koh Chang. Pictures showed a man lying in a pool of blood and others showed apparent knife wounds to the man's back, neck, chest and arm.

He had been hospitalized in the attack that took place six weeks ago according to the post.

31662212_963534913815147_9157923134765006848_n.jpg

A man using the name of Dick Markinson went on his Facebook page to show pictures of wounds he said were sustained in an attack by a Swedish man he called "Fredrick".

31531800_963534473815191_9100967405949026304_n.jpg

The assailant is believed to have gone to court and been set free on bail after being ordered to pay damages. Mr Markinson described him as dangerous and said he should be behind bars.

Mr Markinson's Facebook page lists him as coming from Stone, Stoke-on-Trent.

He is listed as self employed and living in Bangkok.

The Dog House Beach Bar in Koh Chang was mentioned though it is not confirmed that the attack happened there.

Thaivisa are trying to get in touch with the victim to verify the details of the post.

In comments he indicated that he had received some assistance from the British government.

The full text of his post is as follows: 

"I was attacked by knife 16 times while I slept about 6 weeks ago. They arrested Fredrick a Swedish guy and we went to court weeks later after I was out of hospital, he pleaded guilty and the judge said he should pay 150,000 baht damages and he would be sentenced in five months.

Last Thursday police asked me to sign evidence regarding the knife, and next day he was out on bail, and I found out police will give paperwork I didn't understand to free him tomorrow to courts. Something was fake or cheating, he is dangerous and needs to be kept away from. I'm fighting legally and hope he ends up back where he should be. 

Time for the real story".

Source: Facebook Dick Markinson 

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-01

1 minute ago, RandolphGB said:

If he was attacked as he slept, as he says in the post, why does he have his shorts and t-shirt on in the picture and is sleeping on a bar room floor?

You've never slept with some clothes on?....I think he may have awoke during the attack and stumbled to 

the front bar area  then collapsed.....

yes, the god old duct tape, where would thailand hospitals be without it, lol i see an import opportunity here ??
I rather suspect that the duct tape and plastic bag effort is a home made attempt to waterproof a dressing.
It's going to make his eyes water when he takes it off!

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Why has it been kept quiet until now,to protect the reputation 

of Koh Chang I suppose,and did Dick receive the 150 K from

the Swede,

So if you live in Koh Chang,watch your back if one night you

meet a Swede called Fred.

regards Worgeordie

Some people are really pissed on his FB that he posted photos of people who've got nothing to do with it.

And he doesn't remove these photos, is he insane? 

Self employed in what? 

Edited by jenny2017

36 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

Another excellent use for duct tape!     

well pointed out, where would the world be without duct tape

perhaps people should be wary of a swede with a missing shoulder blade, as it looks like he was trying to harvest one

• Like 1