Removal of LPG from Honda Civic 2007

SNAR

Hi All,

I have Honda Civic 2007, with LPG. I need to remove LPG from my car and update the Blue Book accordingly. Need advise on below:

- Any recommended LPG dealers who can remove complete LPG tank and other stuff?

- What to do with all the removed stuff, can it be sold some where or what is the way forward for disposal?

- Procedures for updating Blue Book after LPG removal?

Appreciate your advice plz.

Thanks!

Nasir 

I had CNG removed from a Toyota Vios by my regular mechanic. He did have some experience with LPG installations. Obviously, the first thing to do is empty the tank by driving before you hand it over.

AFAIK the removed stuff can't be sold, dealers make their money on new installations. I think my mechanic simply added the tank etc. to the pile in his backyard.

I'm not aware of any updating requirements in the Blue Book, have renewed the registration for several years after removal with nothing being said.

The Blue book does has a place to list if it is dual fuel.

I had to get it done to our town car when I bought it as it was never listed.

Check with DLT. They will have to inspect that the tank at least is removed.

So you will remove the benzin tank as well? That is probably more vulnerable than the very thick and strong and certified LPG tank. Benzin gas is same flammable. As soon the tank isn´t 100% full there will be gas in it.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 1:48 PM, Captor said:

So you will remove the benzin tank as well? That is probably more vulnerable than the very thick and strong and certified LPG tank. Benzin gas is same flammable. As soon the tank isn´t 100% full there will be gas in it.

Gawd.....bored.gif.af5b4b1162e3a00e5924a4d53a3ca727.gif

• Like 1

Haven’t you seen all the burning taxis, busses and trucks all over Thailand?

On 5/3/2018 at 1:48 PM, Captor said:

Petrol is not stored under pressure gas is. Petrol tanks are mainly fitted under the ride so there is a fire wall, gas tanks fitted inside a ride do not have the luxury of a life saving firewall...I fitted the fuel tank and N2O bottle in the boot of my fun ride, but I installed a fire wall behind the back seat just in case....:stoner: 

Educate yourself before posting garbage ...

The popular TV show, Fifth Gear, decided to test which fuel was safer in the event of a fuel system leak. 

They simulated leaks that filled the car with fumes and then ignited it. 

The result with LPG was a veritable flash in the pan compared to when petrol fumes destroyed the entire back of the test car.  Enjoy the video

http://www.elgas.com.au/blog/722-are-lpg-cars-safer-than-petrol

54 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Educate yourself before posting garbage ...

The popular TV show, Fifth Gear, decided to test which fuel was safer in the event of a fuel system leak. 

They simulated leaks that filled the car with fumes and then ignited it. 

The result with LPG was a veritable flash in the pan compared to when petrol fumes destroyed the entire back of the test car.  Enjoy the video

http://www.elgas.com.au/blog/722-are-lpg-cars-safer-than-petrol

We have one car with LPG and there is no sealing between the boot and the cabin.

It is a 1996 car and MrsJ's from new ...and she doesn't want to part with it...uses it for local shopping...

There is a lot to be said for diesel vehicle ... you can't light that with a match ...

5 hours ago, mogandave said:

Haven’t you seen all the burning taxis, busses and trucks all over Thailand?

Yeah, and many of them have a petrol tank with benzin as well... except the LPG.

Edited by Captor
  • Confused 1

So now that we all have seen that LPG is less dangerous than benzin I would like to recommend a dutch brand name Prins. I did some research about 10 years ago and found out that this brand is the best. No equipment from India, Thailand, Indonesia, China and so on. This is really good quality. More expensive but it is worth the extra money. I know that they have a wholesaler in Bangkok somewhere but don´t know were they are now exactly. They have moved since I bought my system. But should be easy to find.