Police urge patience amid rainy-day officer shortage

Rimmer

Police urge patience amid rainy-day officer shortage

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya police were asking for patience after only 80 officers were available to assist motorists during heavy storm flooding.

Pattaya police chief Pol. Col. Apichai Kroppech said he ordered traffic police to help locals and tourists following heavy rain April 27 where flood waters created gridlock.

However, only 80 officers were available for the entire city, meaning some areas received no assistance.

He asked for patience, saying volunteers and officers were working in the hardest-hit areas.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-05-04

3 hours ago, johng said:

I thought everyone in Thailand supported
"Man U"

Nope!

Liverpool has a very strong following in Thailand and S.E. Asia.

4 hours ago, champers said:

Yesterday morning I was stood under cover outside Best Supermarket on Nua waiting for the rain to stop. I was joined by 3 members of the traffic police whose job it is to stop vehicles at Dolphin Circus and collect appropriate fines (or even inapppropriate ones, some say). We got talking and the gist of the conversation was that when the rain starts the job stops.

That explains the grid lock during Songkran... :cheesy:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Emster23 said:

"However, only 80 officers were available for the entire city"

Just for laughs, anybody know how many officers are "on duty" at any given time?

It varies from day to day, but sometimes none if its raining

• Like 1

Well, they managed 600 extra ones for Songkran in Pattaya and that was a wet one!! 

I don't know what percentage of police officers they have out of 215,000- 230,000 in the Royal Thai police force for the Chonburi region, but should imagine it is a decent number. It's a fair sized province with a lot of responsibility.

12 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Well, they managed 600 extra ones for Songkran in Pattaya and that was a wet one!! 

I don't know what percentage of police officers they have out of 215,000- 230,000 in the Royal Thai police force for the Chonburi region, but should imagine it is a decent number. It's a fair sized province with a lot of responsibility.

the force is suppose to be 240k for the whole country