What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

BookMan will be elated to hear that his favorite show "The Following" kicks off again today!

Lots of followers of The Following.

It must have improved greatly

I watched the first few episodes when it first came out, but it did not do much for me. Is it worth another try?

Aint watched it but got middling reviews http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-following

Khun GS makes it all sound so tempting to watch Season 3. I sense a trap...

Hopefully not a trap.. I've been telling you to get on The Following since mid to late season 1 (I think)..

First Ep of season 3 is really a step in the right direction...

A few nonsense posts have been removed from view. We've got a great thread here, please don't spoil it and please abide by forum rules:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 2

Hopefully not a trap.. I've been telling you to get on The Following since mid to late season 1 (I think)..

First Ep of season 3 is really a step in the right direction...

I'll give it another go for this season.

After watching the trailer of Dig I thought this could become something good or it could go terribly wrong. After watching the first (one hour) episode I have only slightly changed my mind. The show is about a 2000 year old conspiracy playing in Jerusalem. It seems to have some Indiana Jones elements in it, too. Story and action are alright, but not really "holding-your-breath" alright. The filming in Jerusalem is great. The show is definitely made professionally. As far as I know, it is only a four part mini series. So, I'll stick to it, hoping it becomes somehow more gripping. If not, no real waste of time but probably not worth remembering, either.

Edited by jope
  • Like 2

anyone else disapointed with the latest ( episode 16) of suits?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Because of the trips down memory lane?

Not at all, gave the episode some back story. Unlike episode 13.

Good thing is that it's only a short break before season 5 kicks off in the US summer...

After watching the trailer of Dig I thought this could become something good or it could go terribly wrong. After watching the first (one hour) episode I have only slightly changed my mind. The show is about a 2000 year old conspiracy playing in Jerusalem. It seems to have some Indiana Jones elements in it, too. Story and action are alright, but not really "holding-your-breath" alright. The filming in Jerusalem is great. The show is definitely made professionally. As far as I know, it is only a four part mini series. So, I'll stick to it, hoping it becomes somehow more gripping. If not, no real waste of time but probably not worth remembering, either.

Fun fact: Same guy behind Tyrant...

If it's only 4 episodes, it's going to have to take off real quick, there's seemingly a lot to play out but I'll go along for the ride...

• Like 1

watched vikings and it kept me entertained with good enough acting, reasonable characters and a decent enuf plot, then started to watch an old long time favorite 'scandal' and what can I say ? IMO , it was poor. . gonna watch the movie tangerines, will let you know.wai2.gif

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mandariinid/

Edited by rijit
  • Like 2

anyone else disapointed with the latest ( episode 16) of suits?

Because of the trips down memory lane?

Not at all, gave the episode some back story. Unlike episode 13.

Good thing is that it's only a short break before season 5 kicks off in the US summer...

no they were better than the ones in 13 the characters seem to have lost some of their edge and individuality it was just poor weak story telling for example to have a brother for harvey introduced after ? series,,, REALLY ...,a change of direction for the show IMO its turning into more of a soap every time i watch it.

I hope not but i've got a feel the best is behind the show .

Edited by rijit

Wow. Looks very interesting. I'll definitely watch this one. I like the main actor and of course Anne. This movie is a bit of fluff, but the actors are some of my favs:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120828/?ref_=nmbio_mbio

Right about this time is when Anne left Steve Martin for Ellen DeGeneres. Too funny. I'm sure Steve got a lot of grief for that! LOL

• Like 2

with due respect ww, this aint a film or tv news thread.

Who is ww?

Are you referring to my post on Gotham?

Edited by Will27

Binged all three (yes, three) seasons of House of Cards. 'Couldn't stop watching it. I'll be waiting for Season 4 (as I think will just about anybody who views the last scene of the last episode of Season 3...). 'Need to see if I can find the older British version.

• Like 1

Better call Saul.

10ish years previous to Breaking Bad in the early days of Saul Goodmans career, Tuco Salamanco is in there in his early days and the guy who was always out watching Hberg.

Interesting to see how many characters cross into sauls world.

Only on Netflix though unless you have other means...

• Like 1

Better call Saul.

10ish years previous to Breaking Bad in the early days of Saul Goodmans career, Tuco Salamanco is in there in his early days and the guy who was always out watching Hberg.

Interesting to see how many characters cross into sauls world.

Only on Netflix though unless you have other means...

Talking about cross over ,yesterday we were watching an old episode of 3rd rock from the sun ,and guess who was a lawyer or insurance salesman (cant remember which) but a much younger Saul.

• Like 1

Prison Break was great in it's day way back then. as was 24 and Dexter. I loved them all.

We seem to discuss more up to date films and series here.

DCI Banks - first episode of Series 5 tonight was great. And i can't wave my hands in the air too much for Indian Summers.

Oh, and Season 14 of <deleted> Gordon Ramsay's Hells Kitchen has opened it's doors!!

yeah indian summers has so.far, been disapointing.

Regarding Indian Summers I agree with Patsycat. First I thought this is Downton Abbey in colonial India. For the first half of the first episode I only stayed with it because the filming and the scenery were so great, I mean big-screen-cinema-worthy great. I became more invested after a certain scene ("Hm. Lucky girl. Wash your hands before dinner!"). Obviously, this isn't the BBC but Channel 4. Still, hints of sex and violence are shown only very moderately, but I think the whole story is a bit nastier and more exiting than in Downton Abbey. After three episodes I find it rather enjoyable and I hope for a final deadly clash of all characters. smile.png

• Like 1