What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I just watched the last episode of the leftovers , i have watched it , its not bad , but now , can anyone explain to me what it was all about?biggrin.png

You remember?

"I don't understand what's happening."

"Me neither."

I guess, that was the scene that explained everything. biggrin.png

Yes! HBO renewed The Leftovers for a third and final season.

Educated guess: it will have a real ending but there will be no answers. smile.png

• Like 1

I just watched the last episode of the leftovers , i have watched it , its not bad , but now , can anyone explain to me what it was all about?biggrin.png

You remember?

"I don't understand what's happening."

"Me neither."

I guess, that was the scene that explained everything. biggrin.png

Yes! HBO renewed The Leftovers for a third and final season.

Educated guess: it will have a real ending but there will be no answers. smile.png

Tell me how it ends...I'm still half way through episode 1...that hasn't changed for several years

• Like 1

Wow...how did i notice this only now?

Death of a president....what a cool film....shot as a documentary but based on the fictional (yet tempting) premise of gw bush's assassination and the subsequebt investigation....masterful editing using live footage....quite an achievement.

Also touches upon the demonisation of muzzlims living in usa .... Trump supporters will love it.

• Like 1

Movie - Easy Money AKA Snabba Cash

I enjoyed this Swedish film.

Didn't think it was great mind you, but pretty good damm good.

For those interested, it has subs.

IMDB: When JW becomes a drug runner in order to maintain his double life, his fate becomes tied to two other
men: Jorge, a fugitive on the run from both the Serbian mafia and the police, and mafia enforcer Mrado, who is on the hunt for Jorge.

• Like 2

TV Series - 30 Degrees in February

Three episodes into this 10 parter and am enjoying it.
A local flavour as it's set in Thailand.

Hardcoded subs.

Summary: From International Emmy Award-winning writer Anders Weidemann, compelling ten-part drama 30 Degrees in February follows
a group of Swedes who've left the snow and cold of Scandinavia for the warm, sandy beaches of Thailand in the dead of winter.

For the long-suffering wife of an abusive, mean-spirited ex-pilot, it's a chance to be treated with dignity and to taste the joys of freedom… For a corpulent, lonely engineer who always dreamed of a loving family with several children, it's the absurd plan of marrying a young Thai woman and starting a family with her… And for an overambitious single-mother architect recovering from a stroke, it's a possibility to relive the past with her two daughters on an island called Happiness… As their lives move deftly from one jolting event to another, they realize that while it may be impossible to completely leave their Nordic lives behind, it is possible – with humor, humanity and generosity – to transcend their limits and reach satisfying moments of self-fulfillment and love on their journey.

• Like 2

TV Series - 30 Degrees in February

Three episodes into this 10 parter and am enjoying it.

A local flavour as it's set in Thailand.

Hardcoded subs.

Summary: From International Emmy Award-winning writer Anders Weidemann, compelling ten-part drama 30 Degrees in February follows

a group of Swedes who've left the snow and cold of Scandinavia for the warm, sandy beaches of Thailand in the dead of winter.

For the long-suffering wife of an abusive, mean-spirited ex-pilot, it's a chance to be treated with dignity and to taste the joys of freedom… For a corpulent, lonely engineer who always dreamed of a loving family with several children, it's the absurd plan of marrying a young Thai woman and starting a family with her… And for an overambitious single-mother architect recovering from a stroke, it's a possibility to relive the past with her two daughters on an island called Happiness… As their lives move deftly from one jolting event to another, they realize that while it may be impossible to completely leave their Nordic lives behind, it is possible – with humor, humanity and generosity – to transcend their limits and reach satisfying moments of self-fulfillment and love on their journey.

[media]

[/medi

Could you please name the source to obtain this series. Having difficulty withe normal sites.

Movie - The Deep

Really enjoyed this one from Iceland.

Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but if you liked All Is Lost starring Robert Redford,
there's a good chance you'll like this one.

Hardcoded subs

IMDB: Based on actual events, a fisherman tries to survive in the freezing ocean after his boat capsizes off the south coast of Iceland.

• Like 2

TV Series - 30 Degree in February

Could you please name the source to obtain this series. Having difficulty withe normal sites.

Not sure where KhunWill's source is for all these interesting series...but, a quick glance at the Pirate shows all episodes available..

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Not sure where KhunWill's source is for all these interesting series...but, a quick glance at the Pirate shows all episodes available..

Thank you. I have looked at the pirate. Episodes 2, 4, 6, 8 and 9 are not dl for me.

Thank you. I have looked at the pirate. Episodes 2, 4, 6, 8 and 9 are not dl for me.

Only download snowhiters stuff….the rest are iffy….anyway i found it a bit uninteresting but i can see what anyone living in thailand might not. It was bizarre listening to thais speak decent english…

• Like 1

Edited by giddyup

PB has the episodes but with 1 seed and 0 leeches, or the other way around. Never going to be able to DL with a low count like that.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Starts in a couple of days. I'll definitely be seeing this on the big screen, large popcorn, near back row in the middle

Break new grounds emerse yourself in the imagery, get a front row seat, it's the ONLY place to watch a movie from !!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit
  • Like 2

Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Starts in a couple of days. I'll definitely be seeing this on the big screen, large popcorn, near back row in the middle

Will certainly watch it. But I doubt that it will fascinate me like it did in the seventies and eighties. The computer animation at the time was revolutionary. I think, I saw the first part four times, could not get enough of it. Anyway, at least an aged Harrison Ford will remind me of the good old days.

BTW: regarding the seating, I'm with rijit: only in the front row you know that you are in CINEMA! smile.png

• Like 2

Break new grounds emerse yourself in the imagery, get a front row seat, it's the ONLY place to watch a movie from !!

Will certainly watch it. But I doubt that it will fascinate me like it did in the seventies and eighties. The computer animation at the time was revolutionary. I think, I saw the first part four times, could not get enough of it. Anyway, at least an aged Harrison Ford will remind me of the good old days.

BTW: regarding the seating, I'm with rijit: only in the front row you know that you are in CINEMA! smile.png

Front seat! gawd! Neck straining....

I like to grab myself a weekday midday session or early afternoon with less people ...seat with no one either side... Flick off the footwear and lie back and enjoy.

• Like 1

Front seat! gawd! Neck straining....

I like to grab myself a weekday midday session or early afternoon with less people ...seat with no one either side... Flick off the footwear and lie back and enjoy.

'First time' i sat in the front row was absolute awesome. Got to the cinema in time for the start of the film low and behold speilburgs much hyped saving private Ryan was sold out ,, shock horror !!! barring one front row middlish seat,, , i went from dissapointed to being rocked in my socks,, those open capa based hand held d day landing scenes left me,, truly stunned, almost a new mextra dimension to my cinematic experience. Since then i'm a much maligned convert.

Edited by rijit
  • Like 2

'First time' i sat in the front row was absolute awesome. Got to the cinema in time for the start of the film low and behold speilburgs much hyped saving private Ryan was sold out ,, shock horror !!! barring one front row middlish seat,, , i went from dissapointed to being rocked in my socks,, those open capa based hand held d day landing scenes left me,, truly stunned, almost a new mextra dimension to my cinematic experience. Since then i'm a much maligned convert.

I can see it both ways: a nice early afternoon in the cinema with a good film, watching it comfortably with no disturbing neighbors. But when it comes to to the real thing, the "Ben Hur" quality, so to say, then I must sit in the front row. For me, it's not watching, it's "being there". Totally overwhelming.

I guess, the stiff neck is the price one has to pay for that experience. But as older I get, as less I am willing to pay that price. So, it must be something extraordinary, otherwise, I just rely on my tiny computer screen. But Star Wars on the small screen? No way!

• Like 1

For you Luther fans out there, season 4, a 2 part special has been released.

Episode 1 is out there now with the final show next week.

Forgot to add, there is also a 12 minute clip available on the previous 3 seasons called "The Journey So Far".

• Like 2

Transparent didn't evoke the weekend binge i expected. I'm 5 in and its bumbling along with it's radical conundrum of modern lifestyles. Engrossing and somewhat questioning but a touch lacking, so far, in plot.

Edited by rijit
  • Like 2

Tv series - The Romeo Section

I haven't really made up my mind about this one as yet.

The premiere kept me interested enough to have a look at episode 2 though.

IMDB: Lies, corruption, murder - welcome to the world of The Romeo Section where spies are recruited to seduce for secrets.

Just finished this one and I'm glad I stuck with it.

Turned out to be really enjoyable.

We don't seem to get many shows from Canada.

• Like 2

I am watching The Frankenstein chronicles at the moment ,its ok ,but slow, I know they have to be P C on tv these days but black coppers ,black gang boss and black customers in the ale house in Victorian England? Come on I am just waiting for a woman in a burka to come walking down the street lol

• Like 2

Well, it is finally dvd screener season….Im looking forward to a lot of award bait soon to hit our streaming devices….Just saw that Brooklyn is out….it can only get better.

Im predicting someone is gonna leak a pristine copy of the new star wars next.

• Like 2

Well, it is finally dvd screener season….Im looking forward to a lot of award bait soon to hit our streaming devices….Just saw that Brooklyn is out….it can only get better.

Im predicting someone is gonna leak a pristine copy of the new star wars next.

Screener season is great!

I dont think Star wars had Screener copies... only the preview nights at the cinema for critics.

• Like 1

But the production was amazing. Took two years to make. Miller had been working on getting it made for 20 years. Twelve full time metalworkers. The production was so vast they had to move the film from Australia to Namibia and South Africa because the Aussie desert was not large enough. 80% of the stunts were live action. No idea how they did that. Kudos to the filmmakers for that production.

Movie made by talent-less wannbees.

Don't matter how much they spend or how long they take.

George Miller is a talentless wannabe? The production crew is talentless? That production was so difficult and so dangerous a 27 year old stunt man with a lot of experience died on the set during filming of one of the scenes. Don't know where to start to respond to such ignorance. Maybe the truth is closer to home?

maejoMTB enjoys an occasional spot of fishing....never knows when he will get a bite

You think this movie had a script?

Apart from the bra less 'wives' it was a total loss.

Movies that take an excessive time to make are always pants.

Name one remake that was even a shadow of the original?

The Godfather part II. Aliens. Airplane II. Star Trek, First contact. Naked gun 2 1/2. Color of money. Desperado. The Bourne Ultimatum. Batman Returns. X2. The Bourne Supremacy. Terminator 2. There are others. What you said was just wrong.

But the production was amazing. Took two years to make. Miller had been working on getting it made for 20 years. Twelve full time metalworkers. The production was so vast they had to move the film from Australia to Namibia and South Africa because the Aussie desert was not large enough. 80% of the stunts were live action. No idea how they did that. Kudos to the filmmakers for that production.

Movie made by talent-less wannbees.

Don't matter how much they spend or how long they take.

George Miller is a talentless wannabe? The production crew is talentless? That production was so difficult and so dangerous a 27 year old stunt man with a lot of experience died on the set during filming of one of the scenes. Don't know where to start to respond to such ignorance. Maybe the truth is closer to home?

maejoMTB enjoys an occasional spot of fishing....never knows when he will get a bite

You think this movie had a script?

Apart from the bra less 'wives' it was a total loss.

Movies that take an excessive time to make are always pants.

Name one remake that was even a shadow of the original?

The Godfather part II. Aliens. Airplane II. Star Trek, First contact. Naked gun 2 1/2. Color of money. Desperado. The Bourne Ultimatum. Batman Returns. X2. The Bourne Supremacy. Terminator 2. There are others. What you said was just wrong.

I think he said "Remake" not sequel... & (as I posted at the time) I thought this one was rubbish, no real storyline just one long car chase with wooden / dimensionless /soulless characters (I normally like Tom Hardy & Charlize Theron so was even more disappointed).

Not a patch on the original, but then again it wasn't really a remake in the style of films like Running Man where it's script-4-script the same movie.

Speaking of remakes, anybody seen Point Break yet? Any good?