What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

[

I think he said "Remake" not sequel... & (as I posted at the time) I thought this one was rubbish, no real storyline just one long car chase with wooden / dimensionless /soulless characters (I normally like Tom Hardy & Charlize Theron so was even more disappointed).

Not a patch on the original, but then again it wasn't really a remake in the style of films like Running Man where it's script-4-script the same movie.

Speaking of remakes, anybody seen Point Break yet? Any good?

A friend saw it and she said it was a wild action ride. Trailers looks okay.

• Like 1

[

I think he said "Remake" not sequel... & (as I posted at the time) I thought this one was rubbish, no real storyline just one long car chase with wooden / dimensionless /soulless characters (I normally like Tom Hardy & Charlize Theron so was even more disappointed).

Not a patch on the original, but then again it wasn't really a remake in the style of films like Running Man where it's script-4-script the same movie.

Speaking of remakes, anybody seen Point Break yet? Any good?

A friend saw it and she said it was a wild action ride. Trailers looks okay.

It absolutely sucked. All action. Silly story. Stunts were completely unbelievable. No credibility. A real cartoon flick. If you do not care about a shred of credibility, go see it. All three of us disliked it. Barely able to sit until the end. A big production. And a big waste of money. Save your card for a worthy effort.

• Like 2

Well, it is finally dvd screener season….Im looking forward to a lot of award bait soon to hit our streaming devices….Just saw that Brooklyn is out….it can only get better.

Im predicting someone is gonna leak a pristine copy of the new star wars next.

And Brooklyn is out indeed. just seen it. a story well told. Hugely watchable. a quality film in every dept.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Finally caught the last episode of Last Panthers on alluc. (not son but hd eng subs nonetheless)….didnt resolve as well as i thought it would…was strangely not as satisfying as Temoins (Witnesses), a cracker of a series….rivalling th escandi stuff.

DVD Screeners:

Carol is out.

• Like 2

Finally caught the last episode of Last Panthers on alluc. (not son but hd eng subs nonetheless)….didnt resolve as well as i thought it would…was strangely not as satisfying as Temoins (Witnesses), a cracker of a series….rivalling th escandi stuff.

DVD Screeners:

Carol is out.

The Peanuts Movie

Three time filler movies. I could not make it to the end of any of them.

Extraction with Bruce Willis is a plot-by-the-numbers. Expect nothing unexpected

North V South is a London.British Gangster movie that has a voice-over guy who sounds like he is spruiking an online betting agency ads. Probably the most boring and inane British gangster movie I have seen.

Kill Kapone. This could be a cult classic for all the wrong reasons, Appalling script and equally appalling acting. Possibly filmed on two Nokia Phones. Hilarious in parts for its atrociousness.

• Like 2

PS

I believe the series was set in Georgian/Regency England (early 1830s).

Boz, the reporter mentions the play of Frankenstein was staged 4 years ago ...... making the exact date 1827.

Again you want learning stick to books that claim accuracy. These are dramas Ie stories ie make believe.

Well the show's costume designer had them wearing Regency NOT Victorian clobber.

And Sean Bean mentioned fighting Bony at Waterloo (1815) before becoming a Bow Street runner.

Not to mention the home sec. asked Bean to be an adviser in setting up the London Metropolitan Police (formed 1829)

So not much discrepancy (if any) in dates or costumes.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 1

I havnt seen the show but im sure they looked nice and had startling colors that made pretty pictures and made the actors look wonderful .. Drama entertament. It doesn't have to be accurate just entertain.

Watched a great buddy movie a couple of days ago called "A Walk In The Woods" with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte, funny with great dialogue.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1178665/

Oh, and great scenery.

I have been looking out for this ,where did you find it?thumbsup.gif

ps just found it ,thanks

Edited by i claudius

KIngdom. About an American MMA gym in LA. Run by a dysfuntional family. Lots of real UFC guys have cameo rolls. Produced by Bravo. Graphic and violent. Sopranos goes MMA.

Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Watched episode 1 yesterday and it was really good.

[

Season 2 has just started.

Just finished season 2 and thought it was great.

Jonathan Tucker, who was great in Justfied, is brilliant.

• Like 2

Oscar screeners in full flow:

The Revenant

The Hateful Eight

What did you think of them?

Worth a look?

Saw todd haynes carol last night and imo defo his best yet a wonderfully shot sensitively told

story capturing a love story and the very essence of the periods biggotry. Cate winslet portrays her character wonderfully

And absolutely loved the subtlety of the sound track. For a change Deservedly gonna be up there for all the industries awards.

Edited by rijit

The Revenant. What an awesome movie this is. Quite long, but an engaging experience

9/10 from me

Just downloaded (KA) a screener copy of "The Revenant" with DiCaprio and Tom Hardy, looks excellent. Not even had a cinema release yet.

Oscar screeners in full flow:

The Revenant

The Hateful Eight

• Like 2