What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Finally caught the last episode of Last Panthers on alluc. (not son but hd eng subs nonetheless)….didnt resolve as well as i thought it would…was strangely not as satisfying as Temoins (Witnesses), a cracker of a series….rivalling th escandi stuff.

DVD Screeners:

Carol is out.

What a fizzer of a finale, a weak copper who doesn't achieve anything other than shoot his own brother, an insurance investigator who doesn't find the diamonds and two gangsters who kill each other. Really, nothing made sense in the whole series. Samantha Mort and John Hurt were just thrown in for name appeal, whole series a waste of time IMO.

• Like 1

Finally caught the last episode of Last Panthers on alluc. (not son but hd eng subs nonetheless)….didnt resolve as well as i thought it would…was strangely not as satisfying as Temoins (Witnesses), a cracker of a series….rivalling th escandi stuff.

DVD Screeners:

Carol is out.

What a fizzer of a finale, a weak copper who doesn't achieve anything other than shoot his own brother, an insurance investigator who doesn't find the diamonds and two gangsters who kill each other. Really, nothing made sense in the whole series. Samantha Mort and John Hurt were just thrown in for name appeal, whole series a waste of time IMO.

Not everyone has watched the last episode as yet.

Can you show some consideration for others and ease up with the spoilers or at least give

some notice that they're coming?

Thanks.

Spoiler(s)? Do I have a habit of giving away endings of TV series or movies? JHolmesJr already commented that it wasn't a satisfying ending, I just embellished on that. Not like the finale was shown last night.

Can you show some consideration for others and ease up with the spoilers or at least give

Thanks.

Spoiler(s)? Do I have a habit of giving away endings of TV series or movies? JHolmesJr already commented that it wasn't a satisfying ending, I just embellished on that. Not like the finale was shown last night.

Just post 'Spoiler Alert' before the post if u want to discuss what happens in a finale.

Easy.

• Like 1

Thanks.

Just post 'Spoiler Alert' before the post if u want to discuss what happens in a finale.

Easy.

Noted.

• Like 2

Fargo Season Two...Well, Okay, then!

I hated to see this one end. For me, it was much more complex and daring than Season One, which was also great. You can't miss with Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman as your headliners.

This season had so many unforgettable characters, and everybody got some very quotable lines to immortalize themselves with. Just one recent example, toward the end, Adam Arkin telling the old West romantically inclined Mike Milligan, "There's only one business in the world now, kid, and that's The Money Business. It's all Ones and Zeroes." And then, "Learn to play golf. It's where all the Deals are made." Meanwhile, enjoy your 8 x 10 soulless office, with a view of our Corporate Campus. And here young Mike was thinking of the great reign he would enjoy, as Crime King of the Upper Midwest.

Kirsten Dunst has clearly put herself on the map as one of our finest young actresses. And Jean Smart, as Mama Floyd, coolly loading her pipe in the interrogation room..."I'm gonna smoke now." Or earlier..."this is over, I'll turn my thoughts toward the grave." Old School!

Patrick Wilson is almost too good as the State Trooper, appalled at the violence that has come down on his sleepy beat. He's the finest representation of what used to be called a "Peace Officer," in contrast to the amped-up, militarized, ready-to-shoot cops we hear about every day now.

Ted Danson has re-established himself as an actor of substance. He'll be getting some good job offers now.

And Hanzee! Former tunnel rat in Vietnam, snaps, becomes rogue assassin. Scariest Red Man since Wes Studi as Geronimo.

BIG TEN...Ones and Zeroes all the way!

You nailed it!

• Like 1

The Magicians Episode 1 is out.

Not bad, not bad at all. I hope it continues on.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Magicians is a fantasy television series that premiered on Syfy and Showcaseon 16 December 2015 as a special preview. The rest of the series is scheduled to premiere on January 25, 2016.[1][2][3] It is based on the novel of the same name byLev Grossman. A 12-episode series order was placed in May 2015.[4] Michael London, Janice Williams, John McNamara, and Sera Gamble serve as executive producers

• Like 2

Two more screeners up

Joy

Steve Jobs

My spolier filled review for In The Heart Of The Sea:

Lots of big ass whales....alright giddyup, take it away.

Haven't even downloaded any of them yet, so let somebody else give away the endings.

Black Mass (2015)

Johnny Depp is one of the greatest film actors of all time. Pretty good for a kid who started very small, as a character in the old TV show, 21 Jump Street. So many memorable roles...as Hunter S Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas; as a depraved English Lord in The Libertine; as the stony Boston George in Blow, as Dillinger in Public Enemy. So many.

And he does a fine job here, portraying a very repulsive 100% gone psychopath. I had to take a shower after watching this one. The worst part, for me? Those eyes! So vacant and cold. They either gave him a pair of extreme contact lenses to get that (what would you call it...) gray green shade, or maybe it was done in post production. Just a vile man, in a very nasty film. I couldn't find anyone to “like” in this one, except for his mom, and the little lady whose groceries he had the boys carry in.

The director, Scott Cooper, has indulged in that irritating vanity of tagging in “A Scott Cooper Film.” Sorry Scotty, you aren't Scorsese or Coppola yet, or even John Milius, and I don't recall any of them, or any other truly great director doing this. With the greats, it is self-evident whose film this is. Look at all of the names of people listed in the credits of any modern film. It takes hundreds of talented workers to send these messes and masterpieces out. It's definitely never a one man show.

SEVEN, maybe

Can't find a good copy yet, all have hardcoded Korean subs, picture quality isn't that great either.Do you know a better source?

re: Black Mass

Q: Can't find a good copy yet, all have hardcoded Korean subs, picture quality isn't that great either.Do you know a better source?

No, just the usual. I put up with the subs. The res seemed ok, but I watch on my laptop screen only (I'm P'o!) The sound got murky in spots, (to say nothing of the script itself), not helped by those accents. Oz guys, from Southie! What next!

Men, put on a frilly bra and your most luxurious gstring and settle down for a gender bender in The Danish Girl (dvd screener).

Easily the most original and daring subject matter of this years oscar crop.

My pick for best picture....but they'll prolly give it to some safe bet like The Revenant.

Philistines.

Carol is my pic atm. Isn't an epic like the revenant or got as beautiful backdrop or the ironic lead role but on every other front imo its better. Look forward to the danish girl. Half Way through creed atm. Which is pretty much what one would expect.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2