What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Can posters state what provider they use to view. Saves searching. The Wire on Pudlocker is reasonable,but the Yank Mother F bad american language grinds a bit.Many seasons to watch.

What's bad about what Robert Burchfield, editor emeritus of the Oxford English Dictionary, calls "the dominant form of English?" Maybe better start learning it, using it, and loving it. I never noticed any problem at all re: the language in The Wire and quite enjoyed it.

Provincial viewers such as yourself, probably incapable of evolving, should perhaps turn the sound off and just watch subtitles. Should especially help w/ the Ebonics in The Wire. Or just stick to Brit series as you really should. Me, I always use subtitles w/ Brit stuff--all that low-class dialect is a bit difficult for the international audience of course, though "fookin'" is easy.

Edited by JSixpack

High Rise (2016)

The film centers around a luxury tower block during the 1970s. Featuring a wealth of modern conveniences, the building allows its residents to become gradually disinterested in the outside world. However, as the infrastructure begins to fail and tensions between residents become apparent, the situation becomes anarchic and the building soon descends into violent chaos.

I enjoyed this film, some funny bits and some good old fashioned British humour mixing in with erotic and graphically violent scenes. Not worth an Oscar but worth watching for a good evenings entertainment.

Just watched this , many well known actors , cant say i enjoyed it , but watched it to the end , strange film to say the least .

Makes me scream when a movie goes 10 minutes, then says 3 months earlier, or 2 days earlier, what is the frigging point, so did not watch on principle after i saw that bit.

But, Tom Hiddleston just has to be the next Bond

I admit, i have been to and hosted Ann Summers raunchy parties in the 1980's. They were great fun, and we all had a laugh. And i made a bit of dosh.

Which is why i am enjoying that Brief Encounter series so much. Even the music just fits in!! In a musical way...

• Like 2

New TV series, Stranger Things, stars Winona Rider and Matthew Modine, all 8 episodes available for DL. Can't say the first episode grabbed me even though it gets very high ratings on IMDB, seemed like an ET style, aimed more at kids than adults.

• Like 1

Sno has put up a cool new German series called NSU GERMAN HISTORY X

Very well made 3 episode series documenting real events surrounding the rise of the Neo Nazi movement around the time of the German re-unification.

Also discovered a great film called MAMMOTH…I love films like this…it has everything in it….even a thai bargirl….very intelligent and enjoyable film

• Like 2

Can posters state what provider they use to view. Saves searching. The Wire on Pudlocker is reasonable,but the Yank Mother F bad american language grinds a bit.Many seasons to watch.

What's bad about what Robert Burchfield, editor emeritus of the Oxford English Dictionary, calls "the dominant form of English?" Maybe better start learning it, using it, and loving it. I never noticed any problem at all re: the language in The Wire and quite enjoyed it.

Provincial viewers such as yourself, probably incapable of evolving, should perhaps turn the sound off and just watch subtitles. Should especially help w/ the Ebonics in The Wire. Or just stick to Brit series as you really should. Me, I always use subtitles w/ Brit stuff--all that low-class dialect is a bit difficult for the international audience of course, though "fookin'" is easy.

Im not sure that Mother Fu333R is allowed on Thai Visa either,Clearly You Enjoy it.

"The Night Of" part 2 now available as a DL.

Streamed it this morning on exodus smile.png

Great writing on this one.

Judge sentences a white guy to 18 months for fraud.

Next he sentences a black hoodlum to 3 years.

Black guy says "why can't i get jew time?"

Judge replies: "you want jew time, do a jew crime."

LOL.

• Like 1

Couple life dramas which may not appeal to everyone...

Thanks for Sharing - About sex addiction

The Letter Writer - Family movie about a young girl connecting with people and finding direction in life

• Like 1

Mr Robot, Season2

mr-robot-season-2-slice-600x200.jpg

Could a skilled hacker really topple the capitalist system? Throughout Season 2, we’ll examine what the show gets right about modern life.

I loved season 1, let's hope season 2 is just as good.

Edited by Wilsonandson
  • Like 2

Allo Allo: Season 1, Episode 2 Pigeon Post

René Artois runs a small café in France during World War II. He always seems to have his hands full: He's having affairs with most of his waitresses, he's keeping his wife happy, he's trying to please the German soldiers who frequent his café, and he's running a major underground operation for the Resistance. Quite often, the Germans' incompetence itself is what nearly lands René and his cohorts in hot water; they are not helped either by the locals, who are dreadfully keen to get rid of the Germans, but their blatant and theatrical attempts at espionage and secrecy often create problems that René must solve quickly.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ojbeTWuE7G0

Edited by Wilsonandson
  • Like 1

Are You Being Served: Episode 1.1 Dear Sexy Knickers

Synopsis: Mr. Lucas tries to salvage his bad day at work by sending a note to Miss Brahms, whom he addresses as "Sexy Knickers," asking her to meet him after work. His attempt to deliver the note to Miss Brahms is unsuccessful, and when he tries to retrieve it, he is thwarted by Captain Peacock. Captain Peacock intercepts the note and hands it to Mrs. Slocombe unread, setting off a succession of misunderstandings. Mrs. Slocombe's hair is light pink.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kbn3xIxSeac

Edited by Wilsonandson

"The Night Of" part 2 now available as a DL.

Streamed it this morning on exodus smile.png

This is one dark, gritty show. I feel so bad for the accused, I can hardly stay with it. Just another spotlight on the American system of justice. Great script by Richard Price. Acting is top notch by all participants.

Interesting to think about how James Gandolfini might have interpreted the role so capably played by John Turturro.

• Like 2

Saw a gem of an indie film

Faults (2104)

Wasn't expecting anything but very original story….dont be fooled by the tame goings on….it comes with a real sting in its tail.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 2

Tv series The Outlaws AKA Clan

Really enjoyed the start to this one.
Ten episodes but episodes 1 & 2 are broadcast as a double.

Has hardcoded English subtitles.
Sorry, I couldn't find a clip with the subs but you can get the drift.

IMDB: Clan draws you into the lives of the Goethals sisters, tied together by the premature death of their parents, they've clung to each other like a real clan.
But ever since their fifth sister's marriage the bond has frayed. Together, the four of them plot the murder of their brother-in-law, Jean-Claude, a pain in the
ass just asking to be liquidated. Clever and quick-witted, the sisters devise a whole host of ingenious schemes. But while planning a murder is easy, committing
it is another story... and with each mounting failure, the collateral damage grows.

• Like 1

The U.S. Government has arrested the alleged owner of KickassTorrents, the world's largest torrent site. The 30-year-old Ukrainian was arrested in Poland today and is charged with criminal copyright infringement and money laundering. In addition, a federal court in Chicago has ordered the seizure of several KAT domain names.

kickasstorrents_500x500-300x300.png

With millions of unique visitors per day KickassTorrents (KAT) has become the most-used torrent site on the Internet, beating even The Pirate Bay.

https://torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/

• Like 2

Great flashback Documentary! Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead

Watched this one as well. Interesting but may not appeal to most. Welcome to me

Documentary: What's with wheat If you like health documentaries this is pretty typical of the stuff out these days but of course about wheat.