What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Documentary - Sherpa

I quite enjoyed this one.

IMDB: A fight on Everest? It seemed incredible. But in 2013 news channels around the world reported an ugly brawl at 6400 m (21,000 ft) as European climbers fled a mob of angry Sherpas.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2016 at 5:25 PM, BookMan said:

Spinoff series Fear the Walking Dead returns next week!

Not sure when The Walking Dead returns...the last 'cliffhanger' episode of last season was a real downer and I feel like I cant be bothered to watch next season

Fear the walking dead is back!

• Like 1

Power (started off ok, getting a bit silly now)

& I might be hooked on 60 Days In
Sheriff Jamey Noel wants to end crime and corruption at Clark County Jail, and he's enlisting members of the public to help. Noel's unprecedented program involves seven law-abiding citizens living among the facility's general population for 60 days without officers, fellow inmates, or staff knowing. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/60_Days_In

Tv series - One of Us.

Really good start to this 4 part series from the Beeb.

IMDB: A horrific double murder rocks the lives of two families living side-by-side in isolated rural Scotland. But instead of focusing on the
investigation, One Of Us explores the fallout for the grieving relatives, and the dark consequences that threaten to shatter their lives.

• Like 2

New BBC thriller started  last night  --be careful on reading the whole report---I think it gives far to much away

http://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/one-of-us-bbc1-cast-locations-and-seven-other-things-you-need-to-know-a3327631.html

One of Us, BBC1: cast, locations and five other things you need to know

The brand new thriller from the makers of The Missing kicks off on Tuesday night 

On 22. August 2016 at 11:39 AM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Fleabag

An excellent start to this new 6 part series from Amazon.

IMDB: A six-part comedy series adapted from the award-winning play about a young woman trying to cope with life in London whilst coming to terms with a recent tragedy.

Nice one! Liked it very much. A few hilarious scenes. Sorry to see that there are only 6 episodes (the last episode airing this week). Hope the BBC dare to make a second season.

Edited by jope
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, jope said:

Nice one! Liked it very much. A few hilarious scenes. Sorry to see that there are only 6 episodes (the last episode airing this week). Hope the BBC dare to make a second season.

Yep, some really funny moments and very original.

• Like 2

Alone - Season 2

Ten contestants are dropped off in remote areas of Northern Vancouver Island, far enough apart that they will not come in contact with each other. Contestants each select 10 items of survival gear from a pre-approved list of 50, and are issued a kit of standard equipment, clothing, and first aid/emergency supplies. They are also given a set of cameras to document their daily experiences and emotions. Attempting to live in the wild for as long as possible, the contestants must hunt for food, build shelters, and fend off predators while enduring extreme isolation and psychological distress. Contestants who wish to withdraw from the competition for any reason (referred to as "tapping out") may signal a rescue crew using a provided satellite telephone. The last remaining contestant wins a $500,000 cash prize. Contestants are warned that the show might last for up to a year.

1472047292421.jpg.383fdf447141e2ada67d55
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, welsh1 said:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637727/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A police investigation, the saga of a grieving family, and a Seattle mayoral campaign all interlock after the body of 17-year-old Rosie Larsen is found in the trunk of a submerged car.

http://123movies.to/film/the-killing-season-1-15320/

The Killing has been mentioned before but a reminder is always welcome. Good series. The ending was a bit rushed, some thought it didn't ring true, but I really liked it a lot. 

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

The Killing has been mentioned before but a reminder is always welcome. Good series. The ending was a bit rushed, some thought it didn't ring true, but I really liked it a lot.

I just finished season 1 and am loving it. I like the way that they make you think you have it all figured out and then they surprise you again.

6 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Get ready for Narcos Season 2.

"All 10 episodes of Narcos Season 2 will premiere on September 2 at 12.01am"

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/760147-narcos-season-2-poster-and-trailer#/slide/1

Yes this is a great show and I dismissed it first time I watched it and fir some reason gave it another shot and was very good. 2nd September you say. Sorted 

On 23/08/2016 at 11:15 PM, JB300 said:

Power (started off ok, getting a bit silly now)

& I might be hooked on 60 Days In
Sheriff Jamey Noel wants to end crime and corruption at Clark County Jail, and he's enlisting members of the public to help. Noel's unprecedented program involves seven law-abiding citizens living among the facility's general population for 60 days without officers, fellow inmates, or staff knowing. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/60_Days_In

Nah that Power was whacked than whack but I understand sometimes you need new content and anything will do.

John le Carré  2nd movie in his trilogy is now out Our Kind of Traitor

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1995390/

With Ewan McGregor

You can still pick up his first movie  "A Most Wanted Man"

A Most Wanted Man (2008) ISBN 1-416-59609-7

Our Kind of Traitor (2010) ISBN 0-143-11972-9

A Delicate Truth (2013) ISBN 0-143-12531-1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Is that a spin-off of the Danish series The killing?

Yes it is. If you enjoyed the Danish series, you would also like a French crime/drama series "The Spiral / Engrenages."  5 seasons so far and good stuff....with hardcoded English subs.

• Like 2

Blood Father, the latest from Mel Gibson, a cliche ridden formulaic movie if there ever was one. Mel must be doing it tough to put his name to this rubbish. Nothing original to see here folks. It does get good reviews on IMDB, from the cast and crew no doubt.

Edited by giddyup

This weekend brought two good ones.

The Ones Below…a slightly creepy, slow burn shocker from the Beeb….a couple have a bit of a run in with the neighbours below.

Also enjoyed Our Kind Of Traitor…typical slow moving le carre story but quite absorbing. Stellan Skaarsgard is great as a loud russian oligarch.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, giddyup said:

Blood Father, the latest from Mel Gibson, a cliche ridden formulaic movie if there ever was one. Mel must be doing it tough to put his name to this rubbish. Nothing original to see here folks. It does get good reviews on IMDB, from the cast and crew no doubt.

It did get great reviews and not just on IMDB. I would like to see it. I have enjoyed some of Mel's recent work. He might be an anti-Semite, but he kept it to himself until his girlfriend outed him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

It did get great reviews and not just on IMDB. I would like to see it. I have enjoyed some of Mel's recent work. He might be an anti-Semite, but he kept it to himself until his girlfriend outed him.

All I can say is that the standard and originality of movies has dropped so significantly that people are satisfied with any old rubbish. It's called "dumbing down". BTW, he outed himself after abusing a police officer when he was drunk with an anti-semite tirade.

Edited by giddyup

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

All I can say is that the standard and originality of movies has dropped so significantly that people are satisfied with any old rubbish. It's called "dumbing down".

Sounds like a personal OPINION and not all that convincing. There are plenty of good films and TV is probably the best that it has ever been.