What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

18 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

I've stopped reading comments saying it no good.. Tey put you off deciding yourself I just watch a bit and decide.I find if someone say it's good here ,it generally is

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That makes absolutely no sense. If someone says it's no good then you have to watch to decide for yourself, but if someone says it's good it generally is. Huh?

Edited by giddyup

59 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Sounds like a personal OPINION and not all that convincing. There are plenty of good films and TV is probably the best that it has ever been.

Of course it's an opinion, just as your is.

Victoria: An 8 part series from ITV started in UK last weekend.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5137338/

E1 was notable for it's scenery and attention to detail. The acting wasn't over done either as can often be the case. I'll try E2 in the morning. Enjoy :)

Edited by evadgib
I haven't yet mastered the art of embedding these videos.
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2016 at 10:36 AM, Ulysses G. said:

Sounds like a personal OPINION and not all that convincing. There are plenty of good films and TV is probably the best that it has ever been.

I thought he was going to opine that movies aren't matching the high artistic standards of TV these days.  That's how I feel.  The other day, I thought, "I haven't even thought about finding a good movie lately."  I came here for ideas, and people are talking mostly about TV, as I am.

I enjoyed Stranger Things and The Night Of a lot.  I like Ballers as a bit of a guilty pleasure.

• Like 1

Getting all exitemacated about Narcos Season 2, only two more days,  then total binge watching.  

Fridge full of food and drink, cigarettes bought for two days.  Bliss.

Otherwise, i am laughing along with "The Great Big Fat Quiz of Everything" - very amusing.

Victoria - what can i say, i am loving it.

And i see DCI Banks started again tonight.

And don^t forget the Baking...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Frank James said:

There was not one weak moment in performance or script in this fine series. John Turturro, always a very solid "character" actor, has rocketed to the top of the "A" list, in a role originally written for James Gandolfini R.I.P. You can't go wrong when Richard Price's name is on the screenplay.

I'll have more to say on this one after people have had a chance to see all eight episodes.

Love the night shot of the Brooklyn Bridge in the opening credits.

Jeannie Berlin is SO GOOD as the veteran prosecutor. Would be no surprise to see her on the Emmy stage with Turturro.

10-1/2

I agree with all that you've said. I would suggest to anyone to read Richard Price's novels like Lush Life, Clockers, Ladies Man and Samaritans. All great reads.

• Like 1

There was not one weak moment in performance or script in this fine series. John Turturro, always a very solid "character" actor, has rocketed to the top of the "A" list, in a role originally written for James Gandolfini R.I.P. You can't go wrong when Richard Price's name is on the screenplay.

I'll have more to say on this one after people have had a chance to see all eight episodes.

Jeannie Berlin is SO GOOD as the veteran prosecutor. Would be no surprise to see her on the Emmy stage with Turturro.

10-1/2

Agree... Watched the last 2 episodes last night & thoroughly enjoys it.

Trouble is what's next? Filling in with Second Chance & probably going to have to bite the bullet & start GOT soon (never seen it) unless anybody has any alternative suggestions...

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I agree with all that you've said. I would suggest to anyone to read Richard Price's novels like Lush Life, Clockers, Ladies Man and Samaritans. All great reads.

I agree with you about Richard Price, read them all and loved them, especially Clockers, of which Spike Lee made a dreadful film. However  "The NIGHT OF "is not a Richard Price original, it is totally based on "Criminal Justice" a BBC series written by Peter Moffat and staring Ben Wishaw. The story is pretty much the same but with the obvious changes moving it from South England to New York.

I downloaded "Criminal Justice "the other night after the finale of "The Night Of" but only watched the first episode as they were so similar in story line although the HBO version is far superior in style and atmosphere.

• Like 2

Firstly your all saved Narcos season 2 is live tomorrow all 10 episodes. I never fancy shows with female leads but this SCANDAL is pretty good or maybe I am desperate at present? It's an odd one but fairly interesting upto season 2 now S3 it is going into ridiculous mode.

• Like 1

On 31/8/2559 at 0:25 PM, Caps said:

My wife brought tickets for it yesterday------I find it a little OTT,  the last one she took me to, where he was sitting in the diner eating apple pie & ice cream with his spoon and in walked about 10 fully trained assassins with knives , machine guns etc......I mean what chance did they stand against the ice cream spoon.

The latest one he is just as invincible( **that's not a spoiler is it? I mean --like James Bond--no one expects him to die) but some nice shots of Thailand, & I find it hard not snoozing off in those big lazy boy seats with a pillow & blanket.

After the movie my wife told me I look a little bit like him-------which little bit ?..... you both don't have any hair......... Oh OK...............:coffee1:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Frank James said:

10-1/2

Totally agree except for the Chandra subplot w/ Nasir was too contrived, probably to get her out of the way for the summation. Loved the ending except for her ruin and the overall lack of resolution. Of course that's also a resolution of sorts. Left the door open for another season anyway--never say never, eh. Here's hoping.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tethered goat said:

I agree with you about Richard Price, read them all and loved them, especially Clockers, of which Spike Lee made a dreadful film. However  "The NIGHT OF "is not a Richard Price original, it is totally based on "Criminal Justice" a BBC series written by Peter Moffat and staring Ben Wishaw. The story is pretty much the same but with the obvious changes moving it from South England to New York.

I downloaded "Criminal Justice "the other night after the finale of "The Night Of" but only watched the first episode as they were so similar in story line although the HBO version is far superior in style and atmosphere.

My thoughts exactly on the British version ,switched it off half way through the first episode ,not a patch on the American version,there was a second series of the British version as well

• Like 1

Jason Bourne. IMO a bit of a fizzer, don't think Matt Damon had his heart in this (I would say his last) one.  Really, no story line to speak of, a couple of half decent action scenes, and Tommy Lee Jones looking like they dragged him out of his coffin.

So, I'm a SciFi kinda guy, love it all.

Was cruising Tubitv and came across this 1980's(?) British scifi show; UFO.

As awful as it was, from the girls with purple hair, the manly men in their string t shirt uniforms, not to mention the very dated technology, it was curiously addictive in a terrifying, guilty pleasure kind of way.

I'd love to see someone take the concept and do a contemporary reboot.

• Like 2

So, I'm a SciFi kinda guy, love it all.

Was cruising Tubitv and came across this 1980's(?) British scifi show; UFO.

As awful as it was, from the girls with purple hair, the manly men in their string t shirt uniforms, not to mention the very dated technology, it was curiously addictive in a terrifying, guilty pleasure kind of way.

I'd love to see someone take the concept and do a contemporary reboot.

Classic! I think that show aired around 1970 but the opening title flashes up 1980! Got the theme stuck in my head now!
  • Like 2