What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Gee….it's kinda quiet here…..is everyone watching Narcos Season 2?

Im up to episode 5 and it is superb.

Ep 1 last night. Just finished 'Stranger Things' which was ok plus I've just started 'The Get Down,' which is good.

Gee….it's kinda quiet here…..is everyone watching Narcos Season 2?

Im up to episode 5 and it is superb.

I've a feeling I've just lost the next couple of weeks of my life (seems to happen every time JHJ recommends something) thank Buddha it's only up to S2!!!

The Watchman

Enjoyed this one.

A one off 45 minute show about a CCTV operator.

IMDB: CCTV operator Carl becomes frustrated when the police refuse to tackle a gang of drug dealers. He takes the law
into his own hands with devastating repercussions.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Just finished Narcos Season 2…you know you're in the hands of a good storyteller when you're actually feeling for pablo escobar towards the end.

Thought this was the finale, so to speak….but they have set it up beautifully for Season 3.

Just started Episode 5 for me ... it's amazing that the guy playing Pablo Escobar is a Brazilian who learned Spanish to play the role ...

• Like 2

I'm waiting for "Zoo" season 2 to finish in a couple of weeks so I can binge watch. Thoroughly enjoyed season 1.

Also, an old favourite "Longmire" should be out again on Netflix later this month. If they continue with their policy of a full season release at one hit, then there's another binge viewing ahead of me.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2016 at 2:24 AM, JSixpack said:

Suits winding down a relatively weak season.

Weakest season yet by far. So many sub-plots. Got extremely tired of the "Frank" character menacing Mike all the time. Just drop a dime to Michael Kenneth Williams over at Rikers, whose Danbury Bros will make short work of Frankie. Ditto the endless joust between Harvey and Sean Cahill. Collusion! Can you imagine?

Let's get Mikey outta that too-clean prison, send him to night school for his law degree, and get back to prevailing in interesting cases, with entertaining villains like Hardman and Eric Roberts, and bring back Logan, Rachel's old flame.

Naturally, his brief time in prison will give him PTSD, which will adversely affect his always precarious relationship with Rachel. At least Megan Markle has become a better actress after six years on this show.

I hear they're going to revive "LA Law"  soon. Can't have too many lawyer or doctor shows, a staple of mass entertainment since earliest days of radio and films.

One other show that needs extensive remodeling in the off-season is Ray Donovan. Bring back Ann Biderman.

Weakest season yet by far. So many sub-plots. Got extremely tired of the "Frank" character menacing Mike all the time. Just drop a dime to Michael Kenneth Williams over at Rikers, whose Danbury Bros will make short work of Frankie. Ditto the endless joust between Harvey and Sean Cahill. Collusion! Can you imagine?

Let's get Mikey outta that too-clean prison, send him to night school for his law degree, and get back to prevailing in interesting cases, with entertaining villains like Hardman and Eric Roberts, and bring back Logan, Rachel's old flame.

Naturally, his brief time in prison will give him PTSD, which will adversely affect his always precarious relationship with Rachel. At least Megan Markle has become a better actress after six years on this show.

I hear they're going to revive "LA Law"  soon. Can't have too many lawyer or doctor shows, a staple of mass entertainment since earliest days of radio and films.

One other show that needs extensive remodeling in the off-season is Ray Donovan. Bring back Ann Biderman.

I've enjoyed all of Suits. Is this season that bad? Is it worth watching?

4 hours ago, Frank James said:

Yeah hopefully now that we got this out of the way it will revive. The dramatic tension around Mike's being found out is gone. So's that of what will happen w/ the Rachel relationship. So what did we get instead? The prison bit was hackneyed & tepid compared to what we're used to. The Lewis thing was of minor interest as it didn't have much ramification for the major plots. At the last minute they pull out the Jessica love interest. The legalities went around and around toward the inevitable end. Too much soap opera. Hard for a fan not to watch, but it's gotta do better.

• Like 1

Comedy buffs should note that new (2016, not re-runs) series of  'Porridge' and 'Goodnight sweetheart'  are underway via the BBC.  There's also a 'Young Hyacinth' (prequel to Mrs Bucket!). They have also remade the pilot of 'Til Death us do part' with Simon Day (Fast Show) as Alf Garnet.

And here's a nostalgic link for those that recall another 'Prisoner'':)

http://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-37232329

• Like 1

I loved the prisoner so much I took my then girlfriend to Portmeirion and stayed in one of the houses, it cost us if I remember the fantastic sum of about 14 pounds for 3 days there( a lot of money then) had a wonderful time

as for the remakes,goodnight sweetheart with the original cast ,v good the others begins with c and ends with p,
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I don't really go by imdb points….the first episode was a little sluggish but i found it hums along quite nicely in the 2nd episode.

Ok fare to fall back on when there's nothing better. :)

21 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I don't really go by imdb points….the first episode was a little sluggish but i found it hums along quite nicely in the 2nd episode.

Ok fare to fall back on when there's nothing better. :)

I agree ,but there is so much out there ,why watch second rate stuff  by the way if anyone likes sy fy , sept 25 last man standing , 27th aftermath ,23 van helsing ,and 16th z nation .

I've been enjoying Wolf Creek which is set in the Australian Outback with some great photography on the HD torrent.  Not only is the phtography great, but the plot about murder and revenge is good also.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4460878/

Synopsis:   Eve, a 19-year-old American tourist is targeted by crazed serial killer Mick Taylor. She survives his attack and embarks on a mission of revenge.

At the moment i am watching Agatha Raisin set in a little cotswold village where a local woman solves all the crimes as the two coppers are so inept , very lighthearted and easy to watch , the one thing i must say is its very PC , her assistant is gay and there are more Asian , black and ethnic people living there ,including a black detective , a black vicar married to a white woman , now this is not being racist ,but come on ,in a small village in the cotswolds?:thumbsup:

apart from that one little gripe its ok

I'm still only about to watch the second episode of Narcos.  I thought i would do an all nighter with it.

Problem - the weather is too nice!!   A nice comfortable 28 degrees in Geneva, who wants to stay inside?!!  The Winter will arrive before i know it.  And i shall become grumpy.

But i am watching Victoria - and loving it.

X Factor - my secret thingy 

That baking show - another secret thingy

Jonathan Ross Show starts again this evening.

On a more serious note, i have been watching American Gothic.  I love those family based dramas, and this one is up there in my top ten.  I still have the last two episodes to watch, but as i said - i am going out and enjoying the sunshine!!  Maybe in the middle of the night..!!

• Like 1

So I'm having a little pre-orgasm after watching the latest teaser from CBS for 'Star Trek Discovery'

After waiting a decade for the latest incarnation I can't wait until January.

So, I know I'm a trekky nerd, but I don't care, I've loved all of them to a greater or lesser extent. The biggest disappointment was probably Star Trek-Enterprise, a wonderful premise destroyed ultimately by some appalling scripts and storylines.

I am hoping for great things come January, fingers crossed, live long & propsper

• Like 1