What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Downloaded Trepalium, but the sound is intermittent. Used MX Player & VLC, but still no joy.

It's something to do with  a Codec  as far as I can tell....

Any suggestions please?

Cant help...but i downloaded it on PB and as the entire series.  PLaying it on VLC with no issues

• Like 2

22 hours ago, giddyup said:

Woody Allen has just released a new movie "Cafe Society", gets good reviews on IMDB, available for a DL on PB. Got to admire old Woody, 80 years old and still writing and directing movies.

I looked at that yesterday, saw it was a Woody Allen skit and decided against it...

• Like 1

Mr Robot coming to a seasons end...Love it!

Queen of The South...Had promise but poor scripting and inane situations let this one down...dont bother

Fear the Walking Dead... progressing okay...Looks like they learnt a lot of the lessons that 'The Walking Dead' made mistakes about

Narcos Season 2...Brillaint!

Mechanic 2...turned it off halfway through..

Fleabag...Comedy Series 6 parter...offbeat series recommended by another.  Has some very funny oments

Quarry...looks ok so far...
Trepalium...one episde in and seems alright
Strain season 2...watchable

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You either like him or you don't.

Its more than that.

I used to like his stuff, back in VHS video rental days, and i searched out all his movies...but these days...his 'cleverness' just comes across a bit too twee for me...

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Its more than that.

I used to like his stuff, back in VHS video rental days, and i searched out all his movies...but these days...his 'cleverness' just comes across a bit too twee for me...

Try some of his later stuff, like Matchpoint, Irrational Man and Midnight in Paris, but I'm biased, I think the man is a genius.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

The Conjuring 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpVOSI_20-GK6RSSjurgv

From the opening scene it's hard to keep watching. Very, very scary movie. You have to keep reassuring yourself that it's just a movie and not real until you find out at the end that it is real. A real story that is and the movie you just watched was based on it, as closely as they could do. I had to go to bed with all the lights switched on.

Thanks for the warning.

BTW, One Mississippi has dumped the entire first season now, about 6-7 episodes….this was a sleeper of a comedy with Tig Notaro…one of the funniest women in the business.

Also, a brand new series called Startup….looks cool.

• Like 1

On 10. September 2016 at 1:54 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Quarry, a new tv show on FX looks good….about a vietnam vet (lots of those on TV no doubt) who returns and gets caught up in crime.

Liked it very much, found it slow but rather intense. People look definitely very 70s. Really curious how the whole thing will develop. For me, that's a keeper.

• Like 2

The Conjuring 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpVOSI_20-GK6RSSjurgvn-2bxyILEKmtFOg51YFeSDqNAisK8

From the opening scene it's hard to keep watching. Very, very scary movie. You have to keep reassuring yourself that it's just a movie and not real until you find out at the end that it is real. A real story that is and the movie you just watched was based on it, as closely as they could do. I had to go to bed with all the lights switched on.

Watched it at the cinema & really enjoyed it (was shocked to find it was based on true events!)

BTW... Top tip, if you're ever in the Philippines go watch a horror movie at the cinema, the girls are so funny the way they scream at the scary bits [emoji13]
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

Watched it earlier and thought it was absolutely dreadful.

I'm with with on this one Brother.

I slogged through it...was it 'supposed' to be funny?? I'm not a great fan of British comedy shows, with some notable exceptions (Gavin & Stacy ranks up there with the best) but this was the genre at it's worst

• Like 1

Versailles

Read an article about this series, stating that BBC had paid 20 MILLION (Pounds, Dollars, Euro, I can't remember) on it. Why??

I must be getting puritanical in my old age, because I found this "show" to be vile in every way. Morally, it is a sewer. What is the historical basis for the script? How much of the story is "true?"

Two episodes were all I could take, before fleeing back to the more "innocent" 18th Century as depicted in Poldark, now in its 2nd season on BBC. Love that series, may it go on for years. Wolf Hall, even more so.

I don't usually post anything if I don't like a show, but this one...I couldn't hold back. 

Ray Donovan winding up w/ Ray in deep doo-doo. Maybe setting things up for the next season. It's been good. Suits winding up w/ sigh! love conquers all. They better pull out something big in the next episode. Dark Matter (cough) went into Ming The Merciless mode; one more left. Been renewed for another season, reddit poster said he'd heard to start in Jan but seems unlikely.

Bit of a hiatus coming. Maybe I'll try that Poldark or Wolf Hall

Movie - Broke

Really enjoyed this Oz movie about an ex-rugby league champ who hits the skids after his career is over.

IMDB: A disgraced sports star and gambling addict attempts to turn his life around with the support of his number one fan.

• Like 1

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

Really enjoyed this one.

Sam Neill is always worth watching.

IMDB: A national manhunt is ordered for a rebellious kid and his foster uncle who go missing in the wild New Zealand bush.

Sam Neill is always worth watching. Yes he is, a nice tight bum! Jurassic Park and the one where he's on the sailing boat with Tom Cruise's ex-missus I enjoyed the most. He's getting old now isn't he, but aren't we all dear.
  • Like 1