What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Designated Survivor has got me  a little hooked, not very action packed but I want to know how the series progresses 

Watched Aftermath also, new series, the jury is out on it....I will watch a few more before I decide.

Season 2 of Quantico is out, much on the same lines of the first 

Latest Season of NCIS LA has also started

The jury is also out on The Exorcist Series and Van Helsing Series, I will need to see a few more before I decide 

Quarry on Cinemax is pretty good, ~ 1972 Memphis, from the Max Allan Collins books.

Longmire Season 5 dropped on Netflix.

Luke Cage is due tomorrow on Netflix.

Son of Zorn is silly but fun.

Heard some good reviews on Atlanta, Designated Survivor, The Get Down, Braindead, Stranger Things.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

Well 2 episodes into Bull, and yep fulfilling all my worst fears.

On the plus side, first episode of Designated Survivor, loved it. Hope the show progresses after a promising start

MacGyver...hmm sorta liked it. George Eads is always good, not quite so sure on Lucas Till as MacGyver, he kinda looks like a Matt Damon lookalike.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patsycat said:

Too many tv series all at once!!

But Criminal Minds comes to the fore . they got rid of one sexy man, and replaced him with the sexy man from CSI Miami.

Patsy happy!!

Be curious how they write out Gibson after his ignominious firing, since he was marched off the set, gotta be something dramatic & sudden

On 9/28/2016 at 11:15 PM, i claudius said:

Just downloaded a new S.F series called aftermath ,first episode looks ok , if a little wierd ,  will stick with it .

Courtesy of my ex wife's AT&T Uverse account I now have the SyFy app on my Roku, and just watched 'Aftermath', I rather liked it.

It's  nice to have a post apocalyptic show that's not zombies.

Early days, only the first episode, but this is now officially on my list

http://www.syfy.com/aftermath

http://fmovies.to/film/national-treasure.3r096/6vr410

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5571524/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Paul Finchley is a bona fide "national treasure", one half of a popular, long-running comedy double act. However, the famous comedian's world is thrown into chaos when he is accused of historic sexual abuse.

today saw that : Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children   

... on the way thinking there - I am:  'why am I going to see a girlie sounding kiddie movie?'

Got to the cinema, and saw it's a Tim Burton flick - woo hoo!!

p.s. the Missus's girls weren't even born when TB's (Nightmare Before Christmas) was showing.

Today, the Missus nearly shrank to the floor, when she saw all those fighting skeletons and monsters

Her girls loved it

Going Solo tonight!
Leaving the missus babysitting the kid and going out to the Cinema to watch "The Infiltrator".
Based on the true story of a fearless undercover agent, THE INFILTRATOR is the account of one of history’s most elaborate stings. Starring Bryan Cranston, the bloke out of Breaking Bad.
Maybe the movie will inspire me to go somewhere after for a drink.

1475304380222.jpg.f02ee91a24e50f1b69579e
  • Like 2

I saved some money and streamed a perfect copy….not bad….but all it inspired me to do was go to bed.

Watching a new french film called A Perfect Man…..a plot reminiscent of hitchcock and highsmith….. a young writer who keeps getting rejection letters finds a manuscript belonging to someone else….the rest I won't spoil for you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Frank James said:

Short takes on shows recently seen:

Ray Donovan: Very disappointing. The show seems rudderless without the direction of the former showrunner, Ann Biderman. The actors are all probably getting better offers now, and want out. Sad.

I'm very much with you on this. I used to love Ray Donovan, but it's totally disjointed and totally lost it's way. The problem with our modern world is, there is more content available than it's possible to ever watch; so when they falter we move on very quickly!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Baron noir

Really enjoyed the first episode from this 8 part series from France.

All eight shows all available now.

IMDB: The story of a French president to be and one of his friends, the mayor of a small city in northern France.

The only trailer I could find with English subs.

https://vimeo.com/170970873

Been waiting ..... Is this from Sno?

Just watched all 4 parts of the BBC natural/scientific series Ingenious Animals and thought it was excellent.

Scientific viewpoints that are set to change old theories about certain creatures in the animal kingdom. Honestly, IMO, extremely well made documentary.

Ingenious Animals.jpg

Not sure how the link appeared in the description photo....................:rolleyes:

resized_Ingenious Animals.jpg

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 1

Now I have to admit, coming from the UK I sometimes have problems watching American sitcoms. No offence intended but i do find the humour sometimes hard to get into.

I have watched (tonight) the first 2 episodes of Kevin Can Wait and have discovered there are some American sitcoms that are funny.....................;)

Set around a policeman (Kevin) who has just retired and now has time to get to know his family while trying to follow his retirement plan with the help from some buddies.

• Like 1

Sicario (currently on FoxPremium)…staring Josh Brolin and Benicio del Toro (who turns in a career defining performance).

Gripping, suspenseful, exquisite cinematography, and well directed. Only gripe is its quasi-fascist theme of justifying extra-judicial law enforcement to combat south of the border drug trafficking.  

• Like 1