What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

This has to be the best WW1 documentary of all but be sure to watch the 1964 version and not later efforts using the same name:

The Great War (TV Mini-Series 1964– ) - IMDb

Watched this last night. It's just news reels from the cinema. I kept falling asleep watching it. Totally boring!

National Geographics documentary brought World War 1 to life. All in colour with great commentary and eye witness reports from the men who fought there. The episode on trench warfare was in my opinion the best depiction of world war 1 I've ever seen. It made me want to cry.

I have been to flanders fields and seen the few restored trenches left. My great grandfather fought in the Somme. I have his helmet and some of his rigging back in Blighty.

• Like 2

The conclusion of Unforgotten was absolutely superb :)

Another one to watch is The Moorside, a two parter from the beeb about the alledged abduction of 9yo Shannan Matthews a decade ago. Sheridan Smith plays the main character.

The Moorside (TV Mini-Series 2017– ) - IMDb

Looking forward to the conclusion of Moorside.
When it's based on real life it makes it so much better ( in my opinion) !
Being out of the UK for a long time I don't recognise this case .
I have my suspicions about the outcome !!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
  • Like 1

Looking forward to the conclusion of Moorside.

When it's based on real life it makes it so much better ( in my opinion) !

Being out of the UK for a long time I don't recognise this case .

I have my suspicions about the outcome !!

You must remember the Shannon Matthews case, it was all over the news (followed it intently from Singapore via my parents).

If you don't I won't spoil the ending for you

Funny that you should say that !! [emoji51]

Lol, absolutely... last trip back was for my nephews wedding (real reason was he got "Upgraded" [emoji1303])

Man the stories he tells me has me shaking in my boots... talk about claustrophobic [emoji15]

I couldn't get in that tube, knowing there's a mile of ice above your head!

• Like 2

This is the list for all UK TV stations programs for February ....to get the whole year ..in month by month format--go to..... http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

The one that has most attention is GB-SS from the Len Deighton novel,  which works on the premise that Germany won WW2 and centrers on a London detective who must now work under the German command --

th?id=OVP.V94e89e3b5c784a6ca7f9f4899aad1041&pid=Api

www.geektown.co.uk
Couple of Notes on Commenting… TIPS FOR POSTING It is always extremely helpful when people post dates, times and information below. It is useful in keeping the list ...

GB-SS---http://www.geektown.co.uk/2017/02/08/bbc-releases-trailer-february-air-date-ss-gb/

SS-GB.jpg?fit=850%2C445

www.geektown.co.uk
Alternate history is all the rage at the moment (avoiding making a Trump joke here…), with Man In The High Castle, being a huge hit for Amazon. Now we get to see how this side of the pond wou…

February 2017

No exact date/time - February 2017

the second series didn’t seem to get the same plaudits as the first, but nevertheless a third series is going to be made.

NCIS in New Orleans, starring Quantum Leap and Enterprise’s Scott Bakula, American Gothic’s Lucas Black, C. C. H. Pounder from Warehouse 13, and Zoe McLellan (Dirty Sexy Money)

48 Hours, Season 28 - CBS Reality

True crime documentary/news magazine series.

02 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

Stephen Amell returns as Green Arrow to try and not ‘fail this city’.

02 February 2017 at 8:00 pm

Arthur Darvill and Brandon Routh star in DC’s stab at creating a TV series not in support of their cinematic universe. A time traveller has to bring together forces of good and bad to fight some kind of a threat. In an interesting Prison Break reunification, Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller also star.

Scandal, Season 6 - Sky Living
02 February 2017 at 10:00 pm

American political thriller. First two seasons aired on More4, then moved to Sky Living from season 3.

03 February 2017 at 8:00 am

It may sound like a health show, but it’s actually a comedy-horror about realtor Sheila (Drew Barrymore) who becomes a zombie, and wants to eat everyone except her husband Joel (Timothy Olyphant)!

07 February 2017 at 10:00 pm

Pirate drama from Michael Bay. First run is on Amazon, with second run on History.

Roots, Season mini - BBC Four
08 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

New version of the 1977 mini-series about an African-American family’s trials from slavery to freedom.

08 February 2017 at 8:00 pm

Remake of the classic 80’s series. Lucas Till takes the Richard Dean Anderson role. Support comes in the form of ex-CSI George Eads and bald, male Pete Thornton has become a woman played by Sandrine Holt.

The excellent James Spader returns as Raymond ‘Red’ Reddington for a new season of Blacklisty goodness (or badness… yep, probably badness if Red is involved)… NOTE: Moved to Sky 1.

The Wizard of Oz: The Series. Picked up for 10 episodes by NBC.

Legion, Season 1 - FOX (UK)
09 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

Based on the Marvel X-Men character, the show tells the story of a diagnosed schizophrenic who discovers that it’s possible the voices he hears and visions he sees may not all be in his head.

11 February 2017 at 8:00 pm

A genius computer type, eccentric of course, and some other young geniuses team up to save the world weekly via computers. Robert Patrick is also present. Season 3 continues with episode 10.

Reign, Season 4 - Netflix
12 February 2017 at 8:00 am

With the surname “Queen of Scots”, it was apparent young Mary was destined for greatness. Airs as a mid-season replacement in the US, so should return to Netflix in the UK, early 2017.

Chicago Med, Season 2b - Universal Channel
12 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

Spin off from Chicago Fire – this one set in a hospital… which isn’t on fire… I hope… That wouldn’t be good… Started in Nov in the US, and coming to Universal in the UK in 2016.

Girls, Season 6 (final) - Sky Atlantic
13 February 2017 at 10:00 pm

Comedy staring Lena Dunham following a group of friends in their 20s as they navigate life in New York City. Coming to end after its 6th season in 2017.

13 February 2017 at 10:35 pm

‘The Daily Show with more prep time’ returns for a new, hilarious and genius season!

13 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

The US cable ratings monster returns for the 2nd half of 7th season.

14 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

The cop drama with fairy tales will return for a shorter final sixth season.

15 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

A spinoff of sorts from the original series starring Kiefer Sutherland. This time round Corey Hawkins (The Walking Dead, Straight Outta Compton) stars as a Ranger (that’s US Army, not Park) returning home and being faced with a terrorist plot (and a ticking clock).

15 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

The long running medical show is still going.

15 February 2017 at 10:00 pm

Tea Leoni is the Secretary of State with a CIA background.

15 February 2017 at 10:00 pm

Australian mystery drama starring Elizabeth Debicki (The Great Gatsby) about a missing child.

SS-GB, Season Mini - BBC One
19 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

Set in the premise that Germany won the Battle of Britain, this adaptation of the Deighton novel follows an American journalist involved in a murder

19 February 2017 at 10:00 pm

The very long running crime drama returns to Universal.

Crashing, Season 1 - Sky Atlantic
21 February 2017 at 10:10 pm

Judd Apatow is back with a new comedy following a sweet but perpetually unlucky comedian as he crashes on the couches of some of New York’s top comics after his marriage falls apart.

21 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

Some students in New York discover that magic is real.

Billions, Season 2 - Sky Atlantic
21 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

Machiavellian politics & finance drama starring Damian Lewis as a brilliant but cut-throat hedge fund boss, and Paul Giamatti as a U.S. Attorney.

22 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

The term “modern-day retelling” doesn’t always fill me with delight, especially when coupled with the resurrection of a long-dead character. However, the forces behind this particular modern-day retelling with resurrection of title character are Kutzman and Orci – the geniuses behind Fringe, so in this case delight is in abundance! NOTE: CHANNEL CHANGE TO SYFY UK.

Click here to listen to our interview with the ladies of Sleepy Hollow!

22 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

Jim Caviezel and his handy billionaire return for the short (13 episodes) final season. NOTE: CHANNEL CHANGE TO 5USA.

23 February 2017 at 8:30 pm

Renewed to season 10, the costly comedy returns shortly after the U.S.

23 February 2017 at 10:00 pm

HBO comedy about a weed delivery guy in NYC.

24 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

Lucky Man is the story of DI Harry Clayton (James Nesbitt), a cop from Central London’s notorious Murder Squad, who is given a charm that seems to confer upon the wearer the ability to control luck.

24 February 2017 at 8:00 pm

New Zealand detective drama series. It will also be on UKTV Play from Friday 17th February.

Patriot, Season 1 - Amazon Prime
24 February 2017

To prevent Iran from going nuclear, intelligence officer John Tavner (Michael Dorman) must forgo all safety nets and assume a perilous “non-official cover” – that of a mid-level employee at a Midwestern industrial piping firm.

26 February 2017 at 11:30 pm

The 89th Academy Awards. Preview from 11.30pm, with the Oscars live from 1.30am.

Major Crimes, Season 5b - Universal Channel
27 February 2017 at 9:00 pm

Spinoff from The Closer, and performing well. Usually airs a couple of months after the US.

Taken, Season 1 - Amazon Prime
28 February 2017

Special set of skills. Find you. Kill you. You know the drill. TV series based on the Liam Neeson films.

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 2

Watched a great movie last night in which William H Macy was brilliant. The movie is called 'Door to Door" and is based on a true story and in a nutshell it is about a man's triumph over adversity.

It is both uplifting and sad at times and if some scenes don't bring a lump to your throat, then you're not human!!

Probably one of the best films you've never seen.

Nobel

Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of this 8 part series from Norway.

Has hard coded-subs.

IMDB: In NOBEL, two stories carefully intertwine as a returning soldier and family man becomes a pawn in a political international game.
As the stakes grow higher he is forced to discover just how far one should go in the name of peace.

7 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAg3AAAAJDIxZjZkYzRhLThkMjQtNDE5NS04ZTc0LTBmYjgyMmM5NGRmZg.jpg
I watched Arrival (2016) last night and thought it was similar to Contact with Jodie Foster. I enjoyed the movie but it wasn't oscar winning material. Of all the sci-fi movies I've seen recently the best would have to be Passengers (2016). Much more entertaining.
michael-sheen-passengers.jpg

Passengers is by far one of the best sci fi films i have seen in a long while .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

A new Australian crime series has just started.

Murder Uncovered.

Episode 1 is on the serial killers David and Catherine Birnie who are
from my neck of the woods, Western Australia.

Watched this today. 1hour 31 min without advertisements. This will be a good series. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Watched this today. 1hour 31 min without advertisements. This will be a good series. 

I know she went through an horrific ordeal, but I couldn't help thinking both her and the policewoman were relishing the limelight.

Nocturnal Animals (2016)

An art gallery owner is haunted by her ex-husband's novel, a violent thriller she interprets as a veiled threat and a symbolic revenge tale.

Every frame is stunningly, hauntingly gorgeous, even when it's ugly and it does get ugly! The feel was very much modern day Hitchcock, so if you are a fan of those fantastic films, you should really enjoy this one.

tmp_6127-MV5BZjViOGUyZDQtZmEzZi00NmRlLWJjNDktODZiODRjMjZlYWFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_850441884.jpg

• Like 1