What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:02 AM, giddyup said:

If you want to see a seriously good movie about a getaway driver

You may have missed the point of the movie? Its not serious or a car chase movie. It's a romcom musical. The car chases, bank heists are an added action to excite the summer movie goings and done exceptionally well along to the musical score. I really enjoyed it, certainly one of the better summer releases.

• Like 1

Vice principle season 2 starred yesterday

I know not many will like this but I watch anything with Danny McBride

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Danny's the man, loved season 1.

Thanks for the heads up !

EDIT: He has been known to play in some bummers too, as I was writing this post the gf was flicking thru the channels and there he was in Tropic Thunder [emoji20]

• Like 1

We all have our interpretation of what's entertaining and what's drivel.

And why when we (conveniently) duck into a parking garage and dump the car we are being chased in must we come out of the garage burning rubber? Is that just to make sure we don't lose our tail?

The way Buddy kept popping back up reminded me of DeNiero at the end of Cape Fear.

Oh, and how did that diner stay in business? It's always empty yet she has to work double-shifts? Could the not afford a few extras to put in the seats? Baby's always going, yet she never takes an order?

It was nice the way Kevin Spacey had such a change of heart at the end..

The old deaf guy when left at the nursing home had to have a tape recording? Was he not able to write?

It was a nice sound track and it was not terrible. I've been singing "Baby Driver" all week...

Series 7 of American horror story has started.why do all series these days have to have a same sex couple with a child? Is this the new normal not sure if i will watch it seems like propoganda for Hillary Clinton and same sex marriage .why cant tv shows these days just be entertainment?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If one posted the truth to that one would get a Holiday.One must love freaks n outcast Family Values it seems.!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

I am finding this quite watch-able ..."Dear Murderer"    (The life & times of criminal lawyer Mike Bungay), but it might be better for me as I remember some of the cases from when I was living there & he was getting up the noses of the establishment in NZ...by calling the police lies--corrupt..& stitch up merchants, but his biggest sin was to wear brown shoes to court., & -register his car in dog’s name to avoid parking tickets.

I guess he was the nearest thing to a Kiwi .."Rumple of the bailey" that you could get.

He didn't become a barrister in the usual manner...but was in the British army conscript--he transferred to Kiwi..then took a law course through the army to be close to his wife.

NZ   1950--60s--70s...was more British than Britain, more conservative than a dozen Brighton conferences ..being a Brando fan I took the wife along to see.."Last Tango in Paris" in 1974 we were both over 21..(you had to be then to see any sort of x movie in NZ ) after getting through the protest crowed outside & being spat on.......we were told at the door that we could not see it together....odd days for all men ..even days for women, the government  had deem it unsafe to have both men & women in the same cinema while a woman was actually showing her breast on screen...It was in this environment that he had to tell the juries that police did lie, cheat & falsify evidence. Bungay would go on to appear in more than 100 murder trials, and he famously defended William Sutch in 1975 in the country’s first and only espionage trial. Much like the Tom Hanks movie--Bridge of spies--he had the job to defend "The dirty red spy" That everyone knew was guilty.

5 parts.... 2 parts now available..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6566480/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Thanks, I'm going to try this.

I remember the hullabaloo about "Last Tango." Wife and I lived in Queensland then when Joh Bjekle-Petersen was Premier.  I think only one cinema in Brisbane showed// was allowed to show the movie.

• Like 1

Kim Dotcom: Caught in the Web

It’s quite fascinating fast paced Doco…especially with N. Zealand announcing it will hold an election soon, he was quite a pain in the A@@ in there last one.. Facing down the prime minister who resigned shortly after.

Even if you know nothing about Mega-upload which was the trail blazer for this format of pirate downloading, it’s still really worth the watch.

On 2017-09-17 at 11:02 AM, giddyup said:

A good soundtrack doesn't make up for this cliched mess of a movie. People compare the (one) decent driving scene to Bullit, it's not even close, and the love interest, attractive though she might be, just grins like an idiot all through the movie. Who was the deaf and dumb black guy he was taking care of? Never explained, and who cares anyway? If you want to see a seriously good movie about a getaway driver, watch "Drive" with Ryan Gosling.

If you don't like the movie and aren't paying attention don't comment on the parts you missed. Baby's relationship to Joseph WAS explained.

13 minutes ago, mikebike said:

13 minutes ago, mikebike said:

If you don't like the movie and aren't paying attention don't comment on the parts you missed. Baby's relationship to Joseph WAS explained.

As I said, who cares anyway?

Edited by giddyup

Just now, tlcwaterfall said:

I watched the movie and enjoyed it.

Half decent although I missed the ending but it was pretty good content. Very easy to follow. Spacey annoys me though. Always has. Bit of an annoying face type cast. Looks smart I guess but only stole the show in Usual suspects for me.

Mother! opens in Thailand.

Not for everyone but I plan to rush out and see it. 

Darren Aronofsky’s “mother!” is one of the most audacious and flat-out bizarre movies that a major studio has released in years. The director has never shied away from controversial filmmaking, but this deep dive into metaphorical horror finds him working in a register that feels crazy even for the man who made “The Fountain” and “Noah.” “mother!” is at times horrifying, at times riveting, at times baffling, and at times like nothing you’ve ever seen before.

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/mother-2017

On 9/14/2017 at 10:43 AM, i claudius said:

Just watched the second episode of series 7 American Horror Story well in the first episode we had a same sex couple with a child .guess who moved in across the street a gay guy married to a woman who doesnt like sex . Its like a left wing propoganda show. Goodby you were good to start in the begining

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well i thought i would give it another go watching American Horror , but to be honest apart from the fact its got an agenda as i said previously , well compared with the other series ,its rubbish as well , the storyline is awful, anyway long and short ,thats it 

on a new note Doc Martin has just started ,usual stuff ,easy to watch ,one thing at the end we find that the new lady vicar is heartbroken ,why ?because her female partner dumped her before the wedding . 

i take it that these days nothing gets put on tv unless its pushing the agenda , just cant wait for the Doc to come out as a closet transvestite.lol

ps i couldnt care less what people get up to in their lives ,but why do we have to have it constantly pushed at us like propoganda?

• Like 2

Tv series - The Detectives: Murder on the Streets.

A good start to this new 4 part series on the Beeb.

The Detectives returns for a new series, following Greater Manchester police’s major incident team on two cases: the first, a horrifying petrol-bomb attack that leaves a woman fighting for her life – and her brother as the prime suspect; the second, the murder of a homeless man in a railway arch, his body later set alight. As with the previous series, the access is staggering, the stories are heartbreaking and the storytelling is magnificent.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, i claudius said:

Well i thought i would give it another go watching American Horror , but to be honest apart from the fact its got an agenda as i said previously , well compared with the other series ,its rubbish as well , the storyline is awful, anyway long and short ,thats it 

on a new note Doc Martin has just started ,usual stuff ,easy to watch ,one thing at the end we find that the new lady vicar is heartbroken ,why ?because her female partner dumped her before the wedding . 

i take it that these days nothing gets put on tv unless its pushing the agenda , just cant wait for the Doc to come out as a closet transvestite.lol

ps i couldnt care less what people get up to in their lives ,but why do we have to have it constantly pushed at us like propoganda?

Since you asked... Probably because all sorts of people exist in society and unlike the past when only white, two parent, heterosexual couples with 2.5 kids could appear on the screen in separate single beds our entertainment providers have realized they are missing out on revenue from a significant % of the population and that most other viewers don't give a crap if there are alternate lifestyles or colours portrayed on screen.

On 8/28/2017 at 4:49 PM, avvocato said:

Manhunt Unabomber on Discovery has been pretty entertaining.

I just finished this and thought it was very good mini-series.  Last episode was especially very good. 

Sam Worthington as the main character was great and so was Paul Bettany as "UNABOMBER/Ted Kaczynski".  Jeremy Bobb as Stan Cole was irritating as hell so I guess he did a good job as well. 

Just not too sure how much is "entertainment" vs. true history though. (James R. Fitzgerald who was portrayed by Sam W. was one of the writer of the series and took a lot of credit on catching UNABOMBER).

mini - series 'Olive  Kitteridge' (2014) with Frances McDormand from the novel of the same name by Elizabeth Strout...excellent, but not for everyone, a 'family drama'...also features Bill Murray in a drama role...

also watched 'American Beauty' again after a number of years...someone said that the screenwriter had Kevin Spacey look at Jack Lemmon in 'The Apartment' to get the general idea of the character...

ah, 'The Apartment'; the beginning of a lifelong romance with Shirley MacLaine...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, HidyHo said:

I just finished this and thought it was very good mini-series.  Last episode was especially very good. 

Sam Worthington as the main character was great and so was Paul Bettany as "UNABOMBER/Ted Kaczynski".  Jeremy Bobb as Stan Cole was irritating as hell so I guess he did a good job as well. 

Just not too sure how much is "entertainment" vs. true history though. (James R. Fitzgerald who was portrayed by Sam W. was one of the writer of the series and took a lot of credit on catching UNABOMBER).

That was seriously bad I thought. Could have been much better. Worthington was awful. Bettanny shone but only due to low talent pool.

Biring but a good 1st couple of episodes