What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Just finished watching about the best thing I have seen in a lot of years.                                                                                         On Netflix, Money Heist, set in Spain and in Spanish, with English subtitles, but dubbed into English.                                 Put most things on the BBC to shame, a total of 18 episodes, Recommended.               

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Just finished watching about the best thing I have seen in a lot of years.                                                                                         On Netflix, Money Heist, set in Spain and in Spanish, with English subtitles, but dubbed into English.                                 Put most things on the BBC to shame, a total of 18 episodes, Recommended.               

Thanks and thanks for naming where the content is. Not many do that, very helpful. Will give this a proper go. Tried before but was too tired to follow subs. 

I can highly recommend these two movies: "The Tale" and "Euphoria"...………..no crash, bang, CGI stuff, just honest film making and great acting.

Both deal with controversial subjects so I won't say what as it may spoil them for you, however "The Tale" is harrowing and may upset those of a delicate disposition.

• Thanks 1

Tv Series - Dead North

Really enjoyed this one.

Note that I couldn't find episodes 3 & 4 for download and had to stream them.

The first episode for download is actually 1 and 2.

Summary: In the cold, isolated world of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Police Chief Laura Frizzo launches an investigation

into the disappearance of Chris Regan, never expecting to come face to face with a possible serial killer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Tv Series - Dead North

Really enjoyed this one.

Note that I couldn't find episodes 3 & 4 for download and had to stream them.

The first episode for download is actually 1 and 2.

Summary: In the cold, isolated world of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Police Chief Laura Frizzo launches an investigation

into the disappearance of Chris Regan, never expecting to come face to face with a possible serial killer.

I was interested until I saw the streaming part.

Just watched a new Nicholas Cage movie called "211".

He plays a cop and a big robbery goes down in his town.

Sad to see this guy now.  Just a terrible movie with terrible actors.

Obviously, just doing it for some money but I bet not what he use to make.

I would say it is a waste of time movie.

...Just saw that Jholmes gave it the same on here a few days ago.

It really did suck......

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

Escape Plan 2 with Sylvester Stallone, absolutely dreadful. Another actor who is taking whatever sh*t role they throw at him. He's only in it for 15 minutes, obviously so they can stick his name on the credits. There's just so much garbage being produced now, most of it probably never makes the big screen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Escape Plan 2 with Sylvester Stallone, absolutely dreadful. Another actor who is taking whatever sh*t role they throw at him. He's only in it for 15 minutes, obviously so they can stick his name on the credits. There's just so much garbage being produced now, most of it probably never makes the big screen.

That's too bad I liked the first one with Arnold.

I think his Expendables movies are decent I believe he has another coming out.

At least he is a guy who had a plan and is in the multi 100 million dollar range personal wealth as opposed to bankrupt Nick Cage and some others...

Edited by bkk6060

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

At least he is a guy who had a plan and is in the multi 100 million dollar range personal wealth as opposed to bankrupt Nick Cage and some others...

Good reason not to accept garbage like Escape Plan 2. Surely must read a script before accepting a role.

Beirut is a semi ok thriller with JohnHamm and Rosamund Pike.

My favourite of the week was an under the radar flick called Flower....about a promiscuous teen girl and her obese brother.

Funny Stuff.

Hereditary looked pretty absorbing too....bit like a slow burn m. night shyamalan story...but a lot more interesting.

Edited by JHolmesJr

On 6/18/2018 at 6:02 PM, JimmyJ said:

Surprisingly I haven't seen much acclaim for Bria Vinaite, who is excellent and also one of the sexiest actresses I've seen on screen in a long time.

MV5BYjZhMDZmZjItNjcyZC00ZWY2LTkzMzUtZWM0

In the crack ho category