"Fake Thai Smile" garlands girl says sorry for damaging tourism: "It was a hot day!" she tells Big Joke

webfact

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Does anyone know where I can find that girl handing out those coat hangers, because I am very interested in "hanging out" with her.....:sorry: 

You would be just a "hanger-on", I'm sure. (I'm sorrier than you!)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kingkenny said:

This is new??  Actually it is news, why on earth is this employee having to or feeling the need to turn up at a police station and apologise to Joke (very apt name) and Thai society at large?

This is disgusting.

I will tell you what will stop damaging tourism, how about an elected government and an end to military rule, how about a safe society with a fair and just legal system, how about the abolition of dual pricing, how about pristine beaches not full of garbage? I cold go on but I will be at it all day.

not saying that the fake smiles somehow damaged tourism, but evidently nothing on your long list has either...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Because the FACADE is everything. What's underneath is irrelevant here.

Indeed! It has been the same for years, scratch the glitter off the surface and you will certainly find a turd. At least a forced smile is "Honest"

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

not saying that the fake smiles somehow damaged tourism, but evidently nothing on your long list has either...

It is hard to quantify to be fair, for every million that turn up it is possible another million don't based on my list or an extension of my list.

Wow get a job for the day??, do what your told by your employer and take the wrap for it. 

Thai companies are a joke as is big joke he is getting a big head. 

As for Chinese tourists we'l' what can we say about them? * crawling out of  there hut for a 3 day vacation to Thailand 

Its all a joke!!, .   And National media attention <deleted> 

6 hours ago, kingkenny said:

This is new??  Actually it is news, why on earth is this employee having to or feeling the need to turn up at a police station and apologise to Joke (very apt name) and Thai society at large?

This is disgusting.

I will tell you what will stop damaging tourism, how about an elected government and an end to military rule, how about a safe society with a fair and just legal system, how about the abolition of dual pricing, how about pristine beaches not full of garbage? I cold go on but I will be at it all day.

It's a case of getting the (EASIEST!) priorities right!

• Like 1

She could have had just a bad day.
If a robot, she would smile every day!
So far funny for me, how Chinese can complain about behaviour.
Look at many travellers of your own country first !!!

• Like 1

shall I mention apologies for running bulls and skimming off welfare money.

No, 
But making a parody about what people do and being called to the police station?

Good that Benny Hill, John Cleese, Iggy Pop and other comedians are not living here...

Edited by KKr
spellchecker correction
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Everything big joke does now is just a big joke.

Anything just to make it look like he is seriously fighting crime, bloody pathetic.

Even the wildest stretch of the imagination wouldn't make anything the young lady did into a crime.

Sadly it's looking like he's starting to believe his own "legend" and poking his nose into things which really are none of his business.

Thailand is desperate for first class professional police officers. Does "Big Joke" fit the bill? (Pun intended if you're British!).

• Thanks 1