It's not cruel to hang a water can around a dog's neck, says owner

webfact

8 hours ago, Eligius said:

Instead of training the dogs properly and thoroughly - they do this to them.

Yes: it is cruel!

better a watercan around their necks then the teeth of them in my flesh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

So how would you do it then? Must have some ideas right?

Nope,

Put them down. if they are Fierce and chasing people.

A dead out of control dog,   is a good dog in Thailand. :thumbsup:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well i rather like the container idea, dog can run faster than me, and she said the dogs are fierce and they are running wild, just waiting for a kid to get bit by one, then it will be, oh my dogs not done that before, SORRY

Sounds a bit like "rape is impossible.  Woman can run faster with skirt up than a man with trousers down."  Hope I don't get banned for that.

• Haha 1

Grammar police posts and the replies have been removed.   Off topic petty bickering posts and the replies have been removed.  

A video containing Thai language has been removed. 

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

8 hours ago, HooHaa said:

i have been seeing this for years on the islands and a freind of mine used it sucessfully train his dog to stop chasing burmese on motorcycles.

this is common practice and in no way harms the dogs.

good for her for doing something, sometimes the traditional remedies are best.

Nothing worst than a racist dog, save yourself the trouble I did not mean rabid

7 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Rubbish.  One of my dogs started chasing 'bikes and samlors, purely 'cos she enjoyed the chase -  i.e. she would never bite anyone.

I easily taught her that this was unacceptable.   But it did take time, patience and  consistency.

Time, patience and consistency, OK but how did you do it

Those filthy mangy curs aren't dogs. Calling them such is an insult to dogs. Cull them all. 

Proud owner of a Doberman, flown in from ze fatherland. She'll be 13 this summer and she's still bouncy and energetic.

Edited by Cereal
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Those filthy mangy curs aren't dogs. Calling them such is an insult to dogs. Cull them all. 

Proud owner of a Doberman, flown in from ze fatherland. A real dog. 

Doberman dogs are ugly imo, but i would never suggest to cull them all.

15 hours ago, pedro01 said:

These dogs are past training. 

They are dangerous, chasing people around and need to be destroyed.

Very simple

Some people are past training... does that mean we can destroy those, too? 

16 hours ago, Eligius said:

Guard dogs exist and are trained in the West too - but they are generally trained responsibly and properly - not by silly methods like hanging water bottles around the poor dogs' necks! These are not feral (stray) dogs (and thus perhaps have never been exposed to any training), but this woman's 'pets'. Better, more responsible and intelligent training from the get-go would have been in order here.

agreed but as ive said many times on TV you cant taech stupid.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well i rather like the container idea, dog can run faster than me, and she said the dogs are fierce and they are running wild, just waiting for a kid to get bit by one, then it will be, oh my dogs not done that before, SORRY

No - it will be 'not my dog.'  Thais only claim ownership of a dog when it has been injured by a farang.  Any kind of liability payment - eg anti-rabies jabs for passers-by bitten by their dog, and ownership is denied.

• Like 2

The dogs are to guard a plantation. Private property. If the people being chased by the dogs are on that private property then they are trespassing and do so at their own risk. However if the people are on public land next to the plantation and the dogs cross over from private to public land then the owner is wrong for not fencing her land and controlling her dogs. The cans are just wrong, proper separation between public and private is what is needed.

27 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

I've tried it on the wife and it works a treat.stopped her chasing me when I'm off to the bar.

She only let you think,   you've won.

She still has all your ATM cards and online shopping is right at hand now days  !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheesy:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2018 at 10:22 PM, mauGR1 said:

Doberman dogs are ugly imo, but i would never suggest to cull them all.

German breed dogs are the best. Just like everything the Germans have ever built or done, The best.

• Haha 1