And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

8. 34

Indian Woman Strips in Defence Against Theft Claim

9. 38

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

10. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

11. 2,488

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

12. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

13. 25

Israeli Interrogator Warns of Continued Violence as Long as Hamas Leader Sinwar Lives

14. 72

A good hotdog

Bangkok-Pattaya bus driver suspended for mobile phone use behind wheel

Rimmer

Bangkok-Pattaya bus driver suspended for mobile phone use behind wheel

image.png

PATTAYA:--A Rung Ruang Tour Co. driver has been suspended after being caught on video playing with his mobile phone while behind the wheel of a packed Bangkok-Pattaya bus.

A representative at Rung Ruang’s Pattaya Bus Station office said May 12 that the unidentified driver violated company policy about using mobile devices for either texting or talking while driving and has been relieved of duty indefinitely.

The suspension came after a frequent passenger who goes by the online moniker Eak posted a video of the driver talking on his mobile phone, watching YouTube videos, listening to music and even counting pocket change while driving the from the Eastern Bangkok Bus Terminal to Pattaya.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/bangkok-pattaya-bus-driver-suspended-mobile-phone-use-behind-wheel-210217

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-05-20
  • Like 1

He said the driver drove the bus in the right “fast” lane and was repeatedly being honked at by other cars for going too slowly.

It's a good thing he was on the phone, otherwise netizens would've got to see a swordfight video.

• Haha 2

again the complete lack of professionalism in Thailand... drivers (taxi ,bus ,van etc) are lawless  .and truly feel if they were a uniform they are instantly transformed into Professionals..Same same batman..but different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

criminal charges...………………….……...will save lives

Does anybody recall the video posted maybe 3 years back, the bus driver had his baby in his arms and was giving the baby a bottle of milk whilst driving the tour bus.

My Thai son was brought up with safety always in mind, he banned tour bus travel for his wife and kids, they occasionally take vans if recommended and only when my son is with them, but my son watches the driver and if he spots phone use, speeding, recklessness etc., he tells the driver to stop in the next village and they get out and make other arrangements. 

• Thanks 1

The biggest problem in Thailand - are the Thais themselves. 

Such drivers need to be reprimanded at the full force of the law (is there a fine for using a mobile phone while driving?); the bus company should name the guy with picture and fire him on the spot. 

I take it that after a two weeks break in Nakorn Nowhere he will be back on the bus - no lesson learnt! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Does anybody recall the video posted maybe 3 years back, the bus driver had his baby in his arms and was giving the baby a bottle of milk whilst driving the tour bus.

My Thai son was brought up with safety always in mind, he banned tour bus travel for his wife and kids, they occasionally take vans if recommended and only when my son is with them, but my son watches the driver and if he spots phone use, speeding, recklessness etc., he tells the driver to stop in the next village and they get out and make other arrangements. 

Smart guy. Pity 99% of Thais dont follow his lead

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

We must all understand the bus driver. He is suffering from the mobile phone addiction syndrome. The same that makes 75-80 percent of the population unaware of where they are or what they are doing.

But...but....but..

The van pilots do the same!

And do administration, make phone calls, drink, eat and sometimes fix their attention on the road.

• Haha 1

its the same the world over especially the younger generation, a while ago i was sat in a restaurant having a meal, 6 young thais came in, all sat down by us, not one word was spoken, as they all played on their phones . big sigh !!

55 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

its the same the world over especially the younger generation, a while ago i was sat in a restaurant having a meal, 6 young thais came in, all sat down by us, not one word was spoken, as they all played on their phones . big sigh !!

Yep Merc conversation has died thanks to the mighty mobile.

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

I laughed reading your post, 5 minutes ago wife went to the toilet with her tablet in her hand.

What you doing i ask, chatting with my friend was the answer.

male friend by any chance colin............:sorry:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

But...but....but..

The van pilots do the same!

And do administration, make phone calls, drink, eat and sometimes fix their attention on the road.

Yes, that´s right. It´s the most common disease in the world. Soon to be registered like an airbourne contagious virus. Beats the shit out of Ebola!

Guy should be 'suspended' by his neck, that would cure the problem but; what will happen is that he will be sent to work in a ticket office for a few weeks until one day they are short of drivers and then he will be back behind the wheel for sure.    He won't be fired because this is 'Tolerant Thailand' where all manner of bad behaviour is accepted, even Rape and Murder, depending on how well connected someone may be.

Don't expect a lot of change soon because the Natives like things the way they are...a mess !

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

We must all understand the bus driver. He is suffering from the mobile phone addiction syndrome. The same that makes 75-80 percent of the population unaware of where they are or what they are doing.

The correct term is : Phone Zombies

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

See Col what I mean. They are bloody addicted to the things. The guy who invented the bloody mobile phone should be ashamed of himself. He just destroyed human conversation big time.

Actually no! Stupid impressionable people did that - please don't blame the technology for failings of the user - sort of like "don't shoot the messenger" 

I think a certain amount of kudos should go to the bus company for at least starting to correct this problem. Maybe, if we're all very lucky, others will follow their example

On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 7:06 AM, colinneil said:

I laughed reading your post, 5 minutes ago wife went to the toilet with her tablet in her hand.

What you doing i ask, chatting with my friend was the answer.

Indeed colinneil , when we go out to eat I am not allowed to tuck in 'til my dinner has had its pic taken and sent round the world.  What your wife needs to take the pod/app/fb thing into a toilet for ........................ask her what she needs to photo mate.

• Haha 1