Are single women in Thailand into make up?

danver4th

I’m buying a gift for this girl that I’m really into. I was thinking of getting her a Lancome makeup kit for her birthday. She’s into girly stuff but I’m not too sure if she’s very invested with makeups. Although, I saw her a couple of times wearing them. Generally, are single women in Thailand into cosmetics? I’m travelling there in a couple of weeks and I’ll give it to her myself. That is if it’s a good idea. Advice, anyone?

• Haha 1

yes, most of them from my impression, thankfully its a subtle amount of it tho.  the bigger issue is that its not possible to predict exactly what flavor of anything, so unless they specified to the last letter what it is they want, its better to give money and they can make the selection them self IMO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, poanoi said:

yes, most of them from my impression, thankfully its a subtle amount of it tho.  the bigger issue is that its not possible to predict exactly what flavor of anything, so unless they specified to the last letter what it is they want, its better to give money and they can make the selection them self IMO

It might weird her out if I give her cash. She might take it the wrong way.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, danver4th said:

It might weird her out if I give her cash. She might take it the wrong way.

well, my experience is that whatever i bought wasnt good enough unless it

was both specified and understood to the last letter,

so that also causes a weird sensation for myself,

i rather just give money to cover their desire these days, or save myself the expense

• Like 1

OP, 

If the girl is a lower class one, just give her the money.

If she is a decent middle class girl, then you should do 2 things:

1. Take the time to discretely learn what exactly she likes. That's part of thoughtful gift giving. 

2. If you decide to her a thoughtful gift, Thai girls often really enjoy gifts that are not easy to get. So, makeup not readily available in Thailand would be an idea. 

Good luck 

• Thanks 1

You're buying make up for someone you don't even know if they like makeup? Kind of weird in my book. Even if she's really into makeup, it's such a personal item and skin types and complexions vary so much. Maybe skin care products would be a better bet? Or a gift certificate? Or a spa or beauty parlor certificate? To be honest, I've never bought cosmetics for a woman before, but if I did it would probably be to restock her supply of a brand I knew she already really liked.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

You really want to make her happy.

Thhis lady can help her put she is a friend and they do really good work.

They have many nice things thai woman loves and that she would like to have.

คิ้วลายเส้นสามมิติ 3Dplus หลังเสร็จทันที
งานละเอียดยิ๊บ ไม่หนาทึบ ไม่เข้มโป๊ะ 
สนใจรับบริการ นัดคิว ปรึกษา สอบถาม จองโปรฯ
โทร 092-8415009  ไลน์แอด @PRO-BEAUTI 
หรือ คลิกลิ้งค์ เพื่อแอดไลน์ 
ที่ 
http://line.me/ti/p/52BXDUJqaC

Good luck

Edited by Autonuaq
Forgotten text

She will love your gift. When I travel I always bring make-up back to my Thai lady friends....they love it.  Thai-made make-up is poor quality so 'imported' make up is always well received. My g/f says there aren't many Thai girls who don't love make-up.

22 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Cash over breakfast, I've never had any Thai lady say no, not even my wife.

"Here you are darling', 'What's this for?', 'I thought you might like to buy some makeup'

That would not be a good idea. If you say that to a woman she'll take it as you saying they look bad without makeup.

Same goes to the OP. If you buy something as personal as makeup, it'll be seen as a comment on their personal appearance. Just don't, or at least ask her if there is a particular item of makeup she'd like. Mine liked a particular brand of mascara that she couldn't get in LOS.

Safer to just take her out to a nice restaurant when you get here. They love eating.

Just my two satang worth here but try this.
Tell her you want to buy her something special and offer to take her to a high end makeup place and let her try products and decide on what she wants.
It will show her you care about her and her opinion.
Might be worth a go.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

On 5/22/2018 at 10:23 AM, Peterw42 said:

Make-up, the gift that says "here, you need all the help you can get".

Perfume is a safer bet. But make sure it is the genuine article and not a Thai rip-off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A post containing a derogatory slur toward Thai women has been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Whatever you decide to buy her, make sure it has bragging potential, when she posts it on social media to her friends.  Brand name (western) perfume, a small purse, jewelry (gold obviously)....and prepare to shop while here.  If all else fails....Iphones work nicely too...555

• Haha 1

Thats like asking "Is the Pope a Catholic"   It can backfire with some girls, they might take it as you don;t think they are pretty enough.  I wouldn't give cash either, but, maybe a gift certificate atone of the big end Mall make up stores, that way she can buy what she likes.  But don't be cheap about, I'd guess minimum 10,000 baht.  They will help he pick iy out and teach her how to use it.?