Luxury Mercedes-Benz taxis coming to Bangkok next week!

snoop1130

Luxury Mercedes-Benz taxis coming to Bangkok next week!

yty.JPG

Mercedes-Benz  taxis will be available in Bangkok from May 30, the Land Transport Department has announced.

The Mercedes-Benz C Class sedans will be operated by All Thai Taxi Co, as part of the government’s Taxi VIP project, which was launched last year.

Companies who want to join the Taxi VIP project must have a fleet of at least 20 vehicles and each car needs to be equipped with 360 degree CCTV, GPS tracking, credit card machines, emergency panic buttons and metres connected to a central control system.

All Thai Taxi said fares will be 150 baht for the first 2 kilometres and 16 baht per kilometer thereafter.

Initially, 15 of the VIP taxis will be on the streets of Bangkok from May 30th, with another 85 added by the end of August.

The plan is to eventually have 5,000 VIP taxis on Bangkok’s street.

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/economic/644891

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-5-23
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

All Thai Taxi said fares will be 150 baht for the first 2 kilometres and 16 baht per kilometer thereafter.

That is if they turn the meter on! Same crooks in wolf's clothing. 

download.jpg

• Like 2

Mercs as taxis is a good idea, always has been.

Biggest problem is what will be the choice of car for those who want to impress the neighbours.

Imagine the questions from the neighbours on the lines of

'Have you changed your job and become a taxi driver now?'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SurinBeach said:

So it will be about 500thb from Sukhumvit Terminal 21 (+tolls)

Pretty good as most taxis quote me 400thb anyways !

All Thai Taxi are a good company, nice taxis, polite drivers, you can also request English speakers I seem to recall.

I meant to say to Don Muang Airport...

42 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

And you still won’t be able to get more than 1 case in the boot ,especially if LPG. Why on earth aren’t there more 5 door/hatchback  taxis ? In most countries there’s no cost premium.

..so i could only pack 1 elephant tusk, 2 black leopard skins and 40 budgies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1963 in Singapore all the taxis were Mercedes, and also used as a poor man's bus that stopped repeatedly to pick up passengers....slightly odd to be sitting next to a woman with either a pig or chicken, but it was just one Singapore dollar to get from HMS Terror to downtown. Good times.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tandor said:

..so i could only pack 1 elephant tusk, 2 black leopard skins and 40 budgies.

Do you know how to get 4 elephants in a Mini?

2 in the front, 2 in the back and their trunks in the boot!!!

• Haha 1

C class is way too small, its even smaller than toyota taxis they are using now... why not just stick with a toyota camry and get toyota to make a special edition to stand out from normal camry's out there - what a stupid goverment scheme. Waste of money.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, doremifasol said:

Send some in every Provinces!!! 

Enough of the filthy, stinky, horrible taxis!

Luxury mercedes taxis?

Luxury mercedes?

70% car value, 30% name.

Awful carriages.

Actually the Prius is pretty roomy with more luggage space in the back... and cheaper and more environmentally friendly too!
It's smaller than the latest Corolla. That's why I said c class was the wrong choice. At least they won't be putting NGV inside the boot. They must be getting NGV version, else they will cry with the fuel needed.
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

And the advantage, besides paying more, is what?

Sorry, for not being too impressed by a Merc taxi, but, basically, all taxis back home are Mercedes taxis, so not really a 'novelty effect' as far as I'm concerned, so why pay extra?

Ahhhhh

But riding a Mercedes taxi gives oodles of face!

3 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Yes, nearly a year.

Had so much trouble with it I did it away, never a Mercedes again.

Yes it was a new bastard.

Well I have driven 4/6/ and 8 pot Mercs over a period of 40 years, my last owned Merc was an E220 diesel auto.....There is no way you can call them "awful carriages" unless you bought a lemon...

This is LOS, also the land of face and status...A place where a Benz and (dare I say) a Fortuner reign....

Last year I went to a funeral, was picked up by a Thai lass in an older V8 Merc, early '90's car..Got to the funeral, all eyes were on us turning up, l thought it was my hansumness, but no, it was the Merc badge...

I was told they paid 100,000bht for it....I thought wow.....:stoner:

Oh, you mean the same type of cars that have been used as taxis in Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and Scandinavia for the past few decades?

That's such old news in Europe, Tesla's are starting to replace the Mercedes.  

I'd hardly call a C class an ultra luxury car. What are E or S class then, royal luxury cars?

2 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

Oh, you mean the same type of cars that have been used as taxis in Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and Scandinavia for the past few decades?

That's such old news in Europe, Tesla's are starting to replace the Mercedes.  

I'd hardly call a C class an ultra luxury car. What are E or S class then, royal luxury cars?

Cyprus also used them, think something to do with reliability and tax breaks there ...

Edited by transam