Prayut: shaken, defensive and easily riled

webfact

11 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Rather more conspiracy theories on this thread than there are actual conspiracies out in the real world, I should think.

One of the outstanding signs of the autodidact. Adolf Hitler was a classic example.

Actually, I myself (and I am sure many others) find some of the ideas presented on these political threads very thought-provoking and intelligent.

And it is a fact that a number of the contributors here are not 'self-taught' duffers - but highly educated university graduates and post-graduates and even Ph.D.s (I won't speak of myself - modesty forbids - ha ha!).

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Lovelomsak,

I understand your point but we must discuss this for it is our birthright to do so.

We stop discussing things and we might as well just sit here chorusing "Sanook,sanook..sabai,sabai.." and where the heck does that get us?

Besides of which..discussing a fully functioning medieval society in the 21st century does have it's lighter moments,does it not?

I am only here to improve my vocabulary  skill. 

Honestly, the most educated Thailand watchers do not feel there is any chance of real change, short of a cataclysmic economic crash. None of us wants to see that, but I tend to agree with them. What we have is likely to be what we will get for a very long time..

• Like 2

My Mrs and her family are not really into politics but even they want Prayut out. The local saying is, with Thaksin we ate lobster  with Prayut we eat noodle cup

Edited by Dave67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

Actually, I myself (and I am sure many others) find some of the ideas presented on these political threads very thought-provoking and intelligent.

And it is a fact that a number of the contributors here are not 'self-taught' duffers - but highly educated university graduates and post-graduates and even Ph.D.s (I won't speak of myself - modesty forbids - ha ha!).

I apologize if I have offended.

It just seems to me that we can all speculate on the basis of little or no information and it's not obvious to me what the point of that is. Events will enlighten us in due course, events over which we have no control.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

It just seems to me that we can all speculate on the basis of little or no information and it's not obvious to me what the point of that is. Events will enlighten us in due course, events over which we have no control.

No offence taken, Mfd101. Thank you for what you said (above). You are basically right: only time will tell!

Edited by Eligius

49 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

You make the common mistake of assuming that if you don't know something then nobody else does. And you won't always be right.

The objective of any discussion forum is to discuss things you don't know everything about and hopefully learn something, not to share information that both (or all) parties already know. That's what a bragging rights forum is for, and I don't know any of those.

Edited by KiwiKiwi