Video: Isaan sausage seller urinates while cooking up his wares

webfact

3 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Suggesting ignorance  is bliss  approach?

My greater concern with food prepared by others is what they do about washing their hands after doing a duty.   And even if the hands get washed the door handle to the toilet is always a wonderful breeding place for germs and bacteria.

So what do you do,just cook at home ?, Then if you are not a vegetarian,

do you worry about how the meats get to the Markets,supermarkets,

if you knew you would not eat them either,so if eating out just make sure

the food is freshly cooked,that's about all you can do. ah ! bliss.

regards Worgeordie

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It will add a bit flavour,that's nothing ,for some of the

things that go on in the food trade,here and back home,

if you knew ,we would all be cooking at home,so best

not to think about it too much.

regards worgeordie

I rarely eat out unless its a restaurant I have eaten at before and have never had an issue.

Why so fussy, well I have seen enough to make me turn off roadside food here in Thailand for life, whipping hands on towels that looked like they haven't been washed for a week, then whipping the timber chopping board with it to clean up the scraps, and to top it off, my sister-in-law used to sell stuff at the local market, using the same meat un-refrigerated after its been in the sun all day.

I like my going to the John like clock work in the morning after my coffee, not all night and all day and then being put on a drip in an emergency ward twice...555  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

if youve gotta go--youve gotta go.....           public toilets are a rarity, in thailand.....sure, he should wash his hands.

i hope he doesnt get the bottles mixed up ,when he wants a drink....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I rarely eat out unless its a restaurant I have eaten at before and have never had an issue.

Why so fussy, well I have seen enough to make me turn off roadside food here in Thailand for life, whipping hands on towels that looked like they haven't been washed for a week, then whipping the timber chopping board with it to clean up the scraps, and to top it off, my sister-in-law used to sell stuff at the local market, using the same meat un-refrigerated after its been in the sun all day.

I like my going to the John like clock work in the morning after my coffee, not all night and all day and then being put on a drip in an emergency ward twice...555  

My hand has NEVER  even touched one of the public towels for drying hands.

Some people find them convenient handkerchiefs  for nose blowing.

I'd rather let my hands air dry.

No thanks to public towels for me.

Edited by watcharacters
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

My hand has NEVER  even touched one of the public towels for drying hands.

Some people find them convenient handkerchiefs  for nose blowing.

I'd rather let my hands air dry.

No thanks to public towels for me.

Yes, gross, see them in the toilets at pertrol service stations and places like DoHome for example, as if I would use a towel in a public place to wipe my hands on, after taking a pee, that's what the back of my trousers and shirt are for after washing my hands.

Many years ago in the small town, I grew up in we had a Pie man. His name was col ( no offense to you col on here) Anyway one day I saw Col having this pi  ss behind a tree. Col was always drunk by the way. I saw Col pi  ss all over his hand while he was holding his pen--is and went straight back to serving customers at his Pie Van I never ever bought a pie from him again

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Sellers preparing food should always wash their hands after going to the toilet.

They think? Standards and health officials should try some secret shopping. I've seen more than enough restaurant employees visit the bog, then ignore even the most basic - and one would think, even in LoS, obvious - hygiene rules. And it matters not whether they've urinated, or otherwise, the displayed ignorance is the same. 

4 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

They think? Standards and health officials should try some secret shopping. I've seen more than enough restaurant employees visit the bog, then ignore even the most basic - and one would think, even in LoS, obvious - hygiene rules. And it matters not whether they've urinated, or otherwise, the displayed ignorance is the same. 

You follow numerous restaurant employees into toilets and watch them wash/not wash their hands?

Seems a little odd to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dont get me wrong but believe it is cultural. Good luck the Esarn-sausage vendor did not pee on the floor but at least into a bottle. 

I can attest, that in shopping malls with food sale chains you can witness staff from MK, Fuji, SantaFe etc. using the (gents) restrooms urinals and, with very few exceptions, are leaving the toilets without washing hands. 
If it happens I make it a point to follow the staff, ask for the floor manager in the restaurant and point out the hygienic understanding, usually close to the entrance so others can hear.

All in the education, I would assume .................... I wonder how these people live, honestly! 

6 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Dont get me wrong but believe it is cultural. Good luck the Esarn-sausage vendor did not pee on the floor but at least into a bottle. 

I can attest, that in shopping malls with food sale chains you can witness staff from MK, Fuji, SantaFe etc. using the (gents) restrooms urinals and, with very few exceptions, are leaving the toilets without washing hands. 
If it happens I make it a point to follow the staff, ask for the floor manager in the restaurant and point out the hygienic understanding, usually close to the entrance so others can hear.

All in the education, I would assume .................... I wonder how these people live, honestly! 

New to Thailand are you or simply a slow learner, like me?

• Like 1

In the video, he can be seen wiping his left hand, the one he held the bottle with or handled his dick with, on his apron. So I guess a few dribbles didn’t make it into the bottle. 

2 hours ago, superal said:

My lady has a restaurant  . The customers toilet is spotless and equipped with a flush toilet with bum gun , shower ( used mostly for mothers to clean their babies / nappy change ) and a hand wash basin both inside and outside of the toilet because as mentioned earlier there is the door knob scenario .  Liquid soap , air freshener and paper tissues for drying your hands .  There is no excuse for poor hygiene , especially where food is concerned and if I am going to eat at a restaurant I always make a point of viewing the toilet first as that can be an indicator of the standard of hygiene used in the kitchen . Some of the toilets I have seen are disgusting and never ever been cleaned but you pay your money and make your choice .   

Have seen street vendors open their stalls late afternoon to reveal chicken that has been there all day from the night before and proceed to cook again for the unaware customers . Have seen them take a piss / dump behind a wall and return to the stall with unwashed hands . Maybe acceptable to Thais as they seem to have a much stronger constitution . Needless to say I never eat street food which apart from the aforementioned is exposed to dust , traffic fumes , insects and customers leaning over the food for their selection . Street vendors are not regulated or controlled for hygiene . 

Your post points out why I have never eaten "vendor" food in SEA.

I laugh at the excuses others give for relishing the delectable delights these places serve and sometimes add how  they have "rarely" gotten sick.

• Like 1