Trump calls for comedian Samantha Bee's firing after crude Ivanka slur

rooster59

I don't much care for her show either. Don't see what makes her special.

Still, as an Aussie, if anyone used the 'Bomb Word' on my wife/mother/female family member, I would most likely get arrested for any action I would take. That word, well in my hometown, if used when as a young man, meant fists came out first and you would worry about consequences later. 

Times might have changed, but that word hasn't. 

• Like 2

Roseanne is train wreck and that has been her appeal. But it's hard to keep it up and she finally self destructed. It's a shame she has to be pinned onto a political movement. She was only trying to eek out a following among the Walmart crowd. Samantha Bee isn't funny and her show is boring. But she isn't the first person to use that word. It is up to the shows producers on who to hire and fire. If they can't do any better than her show, I guess she will stay. But she will probably have to keep up the blue humor now.

Overall I think the lack of quality television is the real story. Time for TV producers to up their game a little.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Roseanne is train wreck and that has been her appeal. But it's hard to keep it up and she finally self destructed. It's a shame she has to be pinned onto a political movement. She was only trying to eek out a following among the Walmart crowd. Samantha Bee isn't funny and her show is boring. But she isn't the first person to use that word. It is up to the shows producers on who to hire and fire. If they can't do any better than her show, I guess she will stay. But she will probably have to keep up the blue humor now.

Overall I think the lack of quality television is the real story. Time for TV producers to up their game a little.

The general consensus is that television is experiencing a golden age of creativity at the moment. Of course not everything will appeal to everyone, and there is still crap, but to claim there is a lack of quality programming since the Sopranos to the present is quite a stretch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikebike said:

The general consensus is that television is experiencing a golden age of creativity at the moment. Of course not everything will appeal to everyone, and there is still crap, but to claim there is a lack of quality programming since the Sopranos to the present is quite a stretch.

I should have been more precise. you are right some of the TV being produced in the last decade had been the best television ever made. It is the American networks and not the, formerly known as cable companies, like HBO that are turning out low end TV. I don't know how to correctly distinguish between the two groups however. Surely people don't call them cable companies anymore.

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

As a Canuck, I have found Aussies to be the most liberal users of the "c-word" I have ever encountered... Bruces and Sheilas both!

Amongst friends, and a bit of banter, it is okay (or on a work site in harsh conditions).

Against family, etc. etc. in a serious format, it is not well taken. 

Aussies do swear a lot more then the average person. The 'f-word' is liberally sandwiched into most sentences to fill in words and make the sentences sound 'better' ... I suppose a different form of khrup and kaa ... lol

e.g - 'We went had had dinner with him' equates to 'We went and had dinner with the ****er'

• Like 1

It seems if you agree with Trump, then Trump should get fired. He has said similar things and used similar crude terms numerous times. Worse yet, he is not trying to be a comedian and stirring the political or social pot; or is he?

• Like 2

Trump is right . There is a double standard here , but she shouldn't be fired , and Roseanne's show shouldn't have been stopped. Bee's comment was on a cable show , Roseanne comment was on twitter , a difference that is overlooked.

I don't like Samantha Bee , however the show she is involved with : The detour , is very good (well most of the episodes).

https://deadline.com/2016/01/the-detour-samantha-bee-jason-jones-tbs-1201677818/#!

Edited by BuaBS

4 hours ago, Credo said:

She is another comedian that I don't much care for.   I've seen parts of her shows, but don't find her very funny.   

As far as firing her, I am not sure why.   She made a tasteless remark about a public figure.   That's pretty much fair game, IMO.   

Her remark isn't racist.   Crude, but not racist.

The clown has made many very tasteless / very insensitive remarks about other politicians.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, totally thaied up said:

The 'f-word' is liberally sandwiched into most sentences to fill in words and make the sentences sound 'better' ...

And there was me thinking it was so the slower brain could be kept loosely in sync with the yap.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Trump has used this word often, most recently when referring to Sally Yates.

This word was emblazoned in t-shirts, usually referring to Hilary Clinton, seen and sold at Trump rallies.

That said, Ms. Bee should not have used it, or it should have been bleeped.

Trump seems to bring out the worst in everyone these days.

It's just another manifestation of his incredibly this, tissue-like skin.

Any Queenslander's remember when the eminently unlikable Joh Bjelke-Petersen was your Premier? His wife's name was Flo. On his last election rodeo, the t-shirts circulated by his antagonists loudly but subtly proclaimed, "Flo has one but Joh is one!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

This word was emblazoned in t-shirts, usually referring to Hilary Clinton, seen and sold at Trump rallies.

Quite right.  I made the mistake of posting a photo of the said T-shirt which referred to Hillary Clinton.  Apologies for that!

• Like 1

I think this latest episode clearly shows that Trump has a special soft (or perhaps hard) spot for his daughter, as he's often illustrated in his past public comments about her.  I guess she's just lucky she was never a contestant in one of Trump's beauty pageants, or who knows what might have happened!

https://forward.com/schmooze/357185/7-creepy-things-donald-trump-has-said-about-ivanka/

And then:

Trump has no standing to bleat about celebrities who hurl ugly insults

Use that same vulgar, sexist slur to refer to Hillary Clinton, though, and you might get an invitation to the Oval Office to grip and grin with Trump. That’s what happened to right-wing rocker Ted Nugent, who was invited to dine at the White House in April 2017 in spite of (or because of?) his history of appalling remarks that included referring to Clinton as a “toxic (bad word Samantha Bee used),” a “two-bit whore” and a “worthless b----.”
Nevertheless, Trump featured Nugent at rallies and in campaign ads, then had him to the White House. And never, I might add, did Trump utter a remonstrative peep about the numerous T-shirts seen at his 2016 campaign rallies that referred to Clinton with the same particularly vulgar sexist slur that this week has him at least pretending to be in a lather.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/zorn/ct-perspec-zorn-samantha-bee-ivanka-trump-word-0603-20180601-story.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

So should Trevor Noah get fired too?  Or perhaps receive an award. Truly cringe-worthy TV watching and reading Trump's various remarks here.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/73fxht/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-don-t-forget--donald-trump-wants-to-bang-his-daughter

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Everything giveslicense to everything else. Yeah Trump "normalizes" that kind of speech for public consumption, but the fact is, most comedians these days pepper their acts with that kind of talk in lieu of actually coming up with anything funny to say.

Hey, I'm a sailor I can say the "F" word 7 times in a nine word sentence under certain circumstances. But there's nothing funny about it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Trump trying to take control of his reality TV Presidency again.

What is a more horrible thing to say?

1. Samantha Bee calling Ivanka Trump a feckless **** .............When she was.............OR

2. On live TV, Trump being asked what is the thing that him and Ivanka have in common and he says "sex".

Now just which is more of a horrible thing to say to the "first only daughter" (he ignores the other one, probably because there was no sex).

• Like 1