if anyone attacks my dog

So the OP expects a random tourist to kick her Yorkie, again. What is she or the  doing that she expects this to occur mote than this 'one off'. I believe that dog is a lot more agressive than she realizes.

By the way any barking dog may have rabies; you don't want to take the chance of a dog bite in Thailand or anywhere else.

Edited by IAMHERE
rabies
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Oh, dear...….. I'm afraid, dear lady,

oh, thanks, sweetie ?

guys, so many words and emotions. 

no one knows the answer to my question about the law (only one person answered the case, thanks to him).

But everyone knows:
what actually happened, although I did not describe the situation,
and what I have to do.

absolutely useless discussion.

I wish you that no one would hurt your pets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Familyonthemove said:

Your question has been answered, by people with long experience of living here.  Unless your precious pooch was injured there's nothing you can do, and even if it was, in a country where  people trafficking is common, children are forced into prostitution every day, hundreds are killed in road accidents every week, rural poverty is rife and personal freedom is under threat, do you really think the authorities have the time or energy to help you extract revenge for the hurt fellings of a pet?

I live here 9 years and dont have any illuzions ?. But I know that can protect the pet.

After I'll talk with lawer, will report results. 

10 hours ago, Julia Ey said:

I live here 9 years and dont have any illuzions ?. But I know that can protect the pet.

After I'll talk with lawer, will report results. 

Don't bother. No-one is that interested. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Don't bother. No-one is that interested. 

Furthermore, if you brought your snappy little rat like dog to my soi - it wouldn't last 5 minutes. The 20 odd soi dogs that run loose here would tear it apart. Keep the thing on a leash...……….'dear lady'.

• Sad 1

Julia,

Look dear,  I didn't kick your dog and I am not a tourist.

It you controlled the little doggie better it wouldn't have run up to me and gotten tangled up in my feet.

I almost tripped and fell!

I have enough trouble getting about with my walking stick and adding a pooch to the mix makes it dangerous.

Also stop bitching at me for smoking down in the pool area.  It is allowed here at the condo.

And on a personal note, please stop peeing in the pool and pick up all of your puppy's poop not just the terds outside of your door.

Edited by Juan B Tong
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Bad dogs are made that way by bad owners. They have a blind spot regarding their furry friends.

Put simply, if the tourist kicked the dog without any provocation, then there's a case for cruelty. Getting that prosecuted is another matter.

If the dog charged the tourist, tripped him or attempted to bite, then he was fully entitled to fend it off by any means he chose - including a kick.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Julia Ey said:

What punishment can be incurred by a person who attacks a dog in Thailand? 

What punishment does a dog gets who attacks and bites people or small children?

The punishment is dead dog.

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Bad dogs are made that way by bad owners. They have a blind spot regarding their furry friends.

Put simply, if the tourist kicked the dog without any provocation, then there's a case for cruelty. Getting that prosecuted is another matter.

If the dog charged the tourist, tripped him or attempted to bite, then he was fully entitled to fend it off by any means he chose - including a kick.

Any dog can turn.

There are punishments, and yes, I think they are more serious than if you kick a person. One of the officials at my wife's work loves dogs. One of the staff used to kick the office dogs. He said to him if I ever see you do it again I will be calling the police. The guy never did it again. 

In this case, surely the tourist has already disappeared, or is hard to find, so no point coming to TV...you would have had to have acted there and then. If the dog was leashed then the tourist would have had to go out of his way to kick it (so he has been cruel).

Don't get kicking dogs to protect yourself from rabies. Scare it away with a long bamboo stick and keep a distance. Kicking it is just giving the dog a chance to bite as you are entering its space. 

On 6/2/2018 at 12:47 PM, Julia Ey said:

Yes, I only care for the future. Praemonitus praemunitus

i am learning thai.   how do you say that in thai ?

31 minutes ago, Arjen said:

When you think I am crazy, yes I am crazy.

After rereading you maybe will discover that similar to what @wildewillie89 said "do not kick dogs". And special do not kick them when they can not see what is happening.

Arjen.

Maybe some day they will let you be alpha for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2018 at 12:20 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

If some tourist kicked my dog, I'd kick him back in the 'nads!

And, assuming that your user name reflects your gender, if the tourists tries anything to you in return, smile sweetly and go find a cop for a sexual assault charge.

People who harm animals deserve whatever bad thing that happens to them in return...

and would that harm include throwing them scraps, letting them get mange and other disease, letting them wander freely on the road causing accidents to  the human population letting them die a slow painful death due to the lack of euthanasia and finally the crap they leave everywhere when little somchai gets something from it?

Then more logically, ok to smash a snake to buggery but not a  dog?

• Like 1