Re-Entry permit

A completed TM-8 form. A `2″` photo 4x6 cm
Photocopy of passport (main page, visa page and latest entry stamp)

1,000 Baht for single / 3,800 Baht for multiple re-entry.

Re-entry permits are valid for the length of you current permit to stay.

When reentering use the number of the re-entering permit on the immigration card (TM6). To make sure it is noticed put RE-ENTRY PERMIT next to it. Check immigration stamps when still at the border/airport.

The cost at an airport could be 1200 for a single reentry, because they take the picture.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Do I have to get a re-entry permit when i go out of the country (I have already SETV) or i can just get VOA when i come back which is free for my nationality until the end of April?  And if yes, what to i need to have with me so i can get VOA? I know i have to show my flight out of the country which has to happen in max 15 days after entering the country and to prove that i have 10 000 bht in my bank account.

5 minutes ago, Ppavlina said:

Do I have to get a re-entry permit when i go out of the country (I have already SETV) or i can just get VOA when i come back which is free for my nationality until the end of April? 

No need for a re-entry permit unless you want to keep the remainder of your 60 day entry valid when you enter the using it (it adds no days to the 60 days)

You could get the visa on arrival when you enter the country.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 6:37 AM, Carib said:

A completed TM-8 form. A `2″` photo 4x6 cm
Photocopy of passport (main page, visa page and latest entry stamp)

1,000 Baht for single / 3,800 Baht for multiple re-entry.

Re-entry permits are valid for the length of you current permit to stay.

When reentering use the number of the re-entering permit on the immigration card (TM6). To make sure it is noticed put RE-ENTRY PERMIT next to it. Check immigration stamps when still at the border/airport.

The cost at an airport could be 1200 for a single reentry, because they take the picture.

Good advice from carib to those reading. Many yrs ago I used to put first non o visa #, until I learnt what is contained in your post re using reentry permit on arrival card. Also re the 1200. Again correct. Personally I always have the tm8 filled in, photo attached. Takes few minutes. 

• Thanks 1

Especially those who are using an O-A visa for only 12 months most of the time.  Don't make it so hard for yourself applying for a new O-A visa when all you need is to get your timing right by getting a re-entry permit at the airport which will give you another year of stay here.  Easily the best 35 bucks you ever spent.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Is it possible to get a re-entry permit for travel outside of Thailand right now, as a long stay Visa holder?

I must travel back to USA on urgent business for several days sometime in the next few months...the sooner, the better. 

Is that possible right now, or will I need to wait until general tourism from US is allowed to enter?  

If I need to wait, has there been any official discussion of when that might be?

I take it that you didn't go out in January, Go out now and I very much doubt that you will be going back 'for several days', go back and you will not be coming back here, perhaps for a very long time. 

Edited by Pilotman

27 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Is it possible to get a re-entry permit for travel outside of Thailand right now, as a long stay Visa holder?

You can certainly obtain one right now from your local immigration office. However, when - and, more to the point, if - you will be able to use it in order to re-enter Thailand is the currently-unanswerable $64,000 question. It will only be valid up until the expiry date of your current permission to stay: if it is not possible for you to re-enter Thailand before then you will need to start all over again with a suitable fresh visa of preferably the non-immigrant variety obtainable from the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington DC or 1 of the consulates scattered across the USA.

45 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I must travel back to USA on urgent business for several days sometime in the next few months...the sooner, the better. 

Is that possible right now, or will I need to wait until general tourism from US is allowed to enter?  

If I need to wait, has there been any official discussion of when that might be?

of course you can get a re entry permit,  any immigration will sell it to ya
got a multiple one last month when i renew my yearly extension.

Obviously I know I can get a re-entry permit now.  That was not really my question.  My question really has to do with getting back into Thailand. So again, my real question is...has there been any official discussion when a long stay visa holder may be able to exit, and then re-enter?  The different upcoming phases are being discussed by government officials daily but reporting of those discussions is mostly in Thai...so if anyone has heard news about this, I'd appreciate knowing.

15 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Obviously I know I can get a re-entry permit now.  That was not really my question.  My question really has to do with getting back into Thailand. So again, my real question is...has there been any official discussion when a long stay visa holder may be able to exit, and then re-enter?  The different upcoming phases are being discussed by government officials daily but reporting of those discussions is mostly in Thai...so if anyone has heard news about this, I'd appreciate knowing.

(The following regulations applied during COVID-19 situation until further notice)

Read Below

By virtue of Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005) and Section 11 of the State Administration Act B.E. 2534 (1991), the entry to Thailand is permitted for particular persons in the exempted list. The list for non-Thai nationals includes the following:

(1) Exempted  persons or persons who are specified, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister or Chief official responsible for remedying the emergency situation to enter into the Kingdom pertaining to necessity, whereby conditions and time frames may also be prescribed;

(2) Persons on diplomatic or consular missions or under International organizations, or representatives of foreign governments or agencies performing their duties in Thailand, or any other persons in international agencies, that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs gives permission pertaining to necessity, including their spouse, parents, or children; (click here for more information)

(3) Non-Thai nationals who are spouses, parents, or children of Thai nationals (click here for more information)

(4) Non-Thai nationals who have a certificate of residence, or have been permitted to take up residency in the Kingdom; (click here for more information)

(5) Non-Thai nationals who have a work permit or have been granted permission to work in the Kingdom in accordance with Thai laws, including their spouses or children; (click here for more information)

(6) Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational establishments in Thailand approved by Thai authorities, including their parents or guardians, except for students of non-formal schools in accordance with laws on private schools or of any other similar private educational establishments; (click here for more information)

(7) Non-Thai nationals who need to receive medical treatment in Thailand, including their accompanying persons, except for treatment for COVID-19 (click here for more information)

Persons under 2 – 7 must apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE) at the Royal Thai Embassy/Royal Thai Consulates-General and obtain a visa (if they do not already have one) at least 15 working days before the intended date of travel.

Currently, the following types of visas are NOT permitted to enter Thailand: Tourists visa holders (TR), Transit passengers (TS), Sports visa holders (S), Monks and other religious visa holders (R), Retirement visa holders (O-A/O-X), Thailand Privilege Card holders (Elite card), Volunteers (O), and non-formal students visa holders (such as language schools, diving schools, boxing schools).

Regarding flights to Thailand, please be advised that normal commercial passenger flights into Thailand have been suspended until further notice. Nevertheless, the Thai Government organizes repatriation flights for Thai nationals to return to Thailand on a regular basis. For the coming month, repatriation flights on various airlines have been scheduled for the following days:

Arriving in Thailand on 31 July 2020 – Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines/American Airlines

If you wish to travel to Thailand on one of the above flights, please contact the travel agents authorized by the airlines directly to see if they can accommodate you.

Authorized-agents-as-of-20-July-1.jpg

Measures for Travelers

**Important Notice**

On 2 July, 2020, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) issued the notification on conditions for aircraft permission to enter Thailand (No.2) In reference to the Notification of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand on Conditions for Aircraft Permission to Enter Thailand issued on 29 June B.E. 2563 (2020) prescribing the conditions for permitting aircrafts to enter the Kingdom of Thailand from foreign countries. https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/51895

Screen-Shot-2020-07-01-at-11.27.34-PM-21

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) announced on July 2, 2020 flights carrying the following types of passengers will be allowed into Thailand:

(1)  Thai nationals

(2)  Persons with exemption or persons being considered, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister, or the head of responsible persons accountable for resolving state of emergency issues to enter the Kingdom, pertaining to necessity. Such consideration, permission or invitation may be subject to specified conditions and time limits.

(3)  Persons on diplomatic or consular missions or under International organizations, or representatives of foreign government performing their duties in the Kingdom, or persons of other international agencies as permitted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs pertaining to necessity, including their spouse, parents, or children.

(4)  Carriers of necessary goods, subject to immediate return after completion.

(5)  Crew members who are required to travel into the Kingdom on a mission, and have a specified date and time for return.

(6)  Non-Thai nationals who are a spouse, parents, or children of a Thai national.

(7)  Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid certificate of permanent residency in the Kingdom, or permission to take up residence in the Kingdom.

(8)  Non-Thai nationals who have work permit or have been granted permission from government agencies to work in the Kingdom, including their spouse or children.

(9)  Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational institutions approved by Thai authorities, including the parents or guardians of the students, except for students of non-formal educational institutions under the law on Private schools and of other similar private educational institutions.

(10)  Non-Thai nationals who are in need of medical treatment in Thailand, and their attendants However, this shall not include medical treatment for COVID19.

(11)  Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter the Kingdom under a special arrangement with a foreign country.

After that The Civil Aviation Authorities of Thailand announced the Notification on Conditions for International Flight Permit to Thailand, and will be effective from July 1st 2020. The following aircraft will be allowed to fly over, fly into or out of, and take off from or land at an international airport in the Kingdom when permit is given by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand:

(1) State or military aircraft
(2) Emergency landing flights
(3) Technical landing flights without disembarkation
(4) Humanitarian aid, medical and relief flights
(5) Repatriation flights
(6) Cargo flights
(7) Passenger flights carrying the persons permitted to enter Thailand

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Once holders of the type of Visa that you hold are permitted to return you will be allowed in (assuming Covid tests, Quarantine, Insurance etc). The worry is that your Visa/Extension of stay expires whilst you are outside of Thailand and not being able to re-enter before that date. Then you will have to start Visa process from beginning again. Nobody knows when borders will re-open, under what rules and regulations. Plan for at least end on January 2021 and be pleased/surprised if earlier. Could also be later than that.

What I am talking about refers to a draft plan about opening up Thailand to outside travelers.  It was submitted to the CCSA which is chaired by the Prime Minister on 25 June.

It included three phases:

1. Phase One: Business travelers, investors, skilled workers, people with Thai family members, teachers, etc.
  2. Phase Two: Medical tourism travelers 
  3. Phase Three: General tourists

The timeline was:

Phase 1: starting July 1

Phase 2: starting July 1

Phase 3: Starting August 1

On 23 July the government of Thailand put out a press release saying there are now 4 type of foreigners that are currently allowed entry, with 14-day quarantine and potentially tests on arrival. 

The four categories include:

1) foreigners participating in trade fairs in Thailand

2) foreign film crews coming for filming in Thailand

3) foreign workers from Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar for food and construction industries

4) foreign visitors for medical and wellness services.

My interest is in Phase 3: General tourists.  The last news I heard was by Yuthasak Supasorn, governor of the Tourism Authority, who said "...I think at the earliest, we may see the return of tourists could be the fourth quarter of this year."  Yuthasak says they're finishing up a framework to restart tourism, but much of the decision-making lies in the hands of the CCSA — the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration.

So has anyone heard any updates to this?