Exiting Thailand with thai kid not legitimizated and mother authorization

Hello, exiting Thailand with a Thai kid and her thai passport, without the kid is being legitimizated / and other authorization of the mother.

Is it risky to be deny that the kid is leaving Thailand ? ( but my surname and the surname of the kid is the same )

I ever used it at Suvarnabhumi / DMK before, without problem, but as in rules, it's possible that they deny me to let the kid go abroad, I would like to know if there's less risk checkpoint Immigration ?

Like border land.. 

Because I am afraid to buy a expensive Ticket then being denied at the airport..

4 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

even if you could leave, which is doubtful, without mother's permission and legal custody you risk future lawsuits.  Assuming what you are doing is in the best interests of the child, good luck

I know what are you meaning.. but the mother doesn't care about her kid..

My child is also dual citizen.

But to avoid using much overstay I am thinking to use her Thai passport.

3 hours ago, DavidJow said:

You imply in your first post that the child has travelled abroad before.

Therefore the child has an entry/entries to Thailand in the immigration database.

You should use the same passport to exit Thailand as was used on her most recent entry.

If your comment above is just referring to check-in, not immigration, then you can use any passport for that.

I don't understand, "avoid using much overstay". I understand you are not a native English speaker but you will need to clarify.

9 hours ago, DavidJow said:

Kids don't pay overstay? Did she enter Thailand on Foreign or Thai Passport? If she entered Thailand using foreign passport she will have to leave using foreign passport? Have you tried asking immigration or lawyer?

• Like 1

The father implies that the child used her Thai passport to enter since he said the child would face a long overstay if he uses his other nationality passport....  

Solution - exit using Thai passport and get proper documentation from mother or equivalent if mother is out of picture....

12 hours ago, DavidJow said:

You are not the legal father and without consent of the mother, you are kidnapping the child.

You are asking for advice to help you with that (land border better?). Get your priorities right: become the legal father, get 100% custody OR go to jail for a long time.  

At every airport and border crossing the officials should ask for an approval letter or prove of single parenthood if not both parents travel with the child. Of course the rules are not always applied. So kids get abducted.

Do you expect a land border crossing and taking a flight out of Cambodia, Laos or Malaysia would be easier?  

Also you can expect problems in every country if you do not have documents proving your are the child's caretaker. Although it seems that countries as India, Pakistan and Marocco do not seem to care a lot about international laws about child abduction.

18 hours ago, DavidJow said:

Is it risky to be deny that the kid is leaving Thailand ?

There has within reasonable time been other threads with numerous answers about similar subjects.

I've been leaving alone with my daughter by air, (Samui International, and also Suwarnabhumi) her using a Thai passport with my family name – however we're fully legalized, and I even carry a letter from the local Aphor with mom's permission – I never had any problems or questions, but my daughter was 10 year old first time we did it. She also dual citizen, and a foreign passport may be necessary upon check-in, as most countries require a Visa from a Thai pasport holder. Age of your kid might be important for questions asked. 

In one of the other threads it was mentioned to use the foreign passport, as the child is then not a Thai citizen, and showing a birth certificate to prove why there's no entry stamp in the passport (if issued by a foreign embassy in Thailand). A child (not sure about age limit, 12 year or 15 years) will not be charged for overstay.

Search the threads, there might be some useful answers.

One of the is this one...

and another here (not that easy to search for with ThaiVisa search engine...?)...

and one mote here...

and an experience about leaving with troubles...

and one more here...

There are a number of old threads, like 2015 and earlier; using Google migt be faster than the ThaiVisa search, starting the question with "ThaiVisa ".

I readed all stories.. it's seems "scary" ! 

It's like lottery.

I twice or three exited with my Thai/foreign kid from BKK airports never had issued but I was aware that there's maybe a problem.. 

So I guess, I will use foreign passport and use a Extension of Stay as Thai Citizen to her passport, but it will betray that she's Thai and they will ask also a proof from her mother! if I use the Extension of Stay as Thai Citizen ?

This post just sounds creepy. He doesn't sound like the father of the Thai girl child at all. Having the same name in a passport, doesn't mean he is the father at all. It might be that he has exited the airport together with the mother at some point. And it might be that now he wants to do a runner by himself. Thank goodness for strict border checks. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, greenchair said:

This post just sounds creepy. He doesn't sound like the father of the Thai girl child at all. Having the same name in a passport, doesn't mean he is the father at all. It might be that he has exited the airport together with the mother at some point. And it might be that now he wants to do a runner by himself. Thank goodness for strict border checks. 

I have the sutibat of the kid, and I am the father.. 

I have a old paper that the mother allow me take the child to abroad.. but this paper is old and not legalized by the Amphur

2 minutes ago, DavidJow said:

I have the sutibat of the kid, and I am the father.. 

I have a old paper that the mother allow me take the child to abroad.. but this paper is old and not legalized by the Amphur

In Thailand you are not the legal father and will be treated like that.

12 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

In Thailand you are not the legal father and will be treated like that.

That is not always true here. Many Thai couples never register their marriage and it seldom creates problems for them or their children.

I exited many times Thailand with my kid I didn't looking to be a runner. If I wanna kidnap the kid, I will not be back to Thailand with my kid often ! I just wanted to use her Thai passport to make less overstay problem.. and fees.

But as it's seems more strict, I though is much better I use the foreign passport as I did last time, to avoid about the kid is Thai and IO will make problem and arguments.

Her mother doesn't care her own kid at all. She told me you're farang she can go learn in your country much better, I even asked her to grow her kid sometime, but she won't. She don't want process any papers she is so lazy.

So now I am just thinking that I am gonna use only her foreign passport, so is much better like this.

Edited by DavidJow

26 minutes ago, DavidJow said:

I exited many times Thailand with my kid I didn't looking to be a runner. If I wanna kidnap the kid, I will not be back to Thailand with my kid often ! I just wanted to use her Thai passport to make less overstay problem.. and fees.

But as it's seems more strict, I though is much better I use the foreign passport as I did last time, to avoid about the kid is Thai and IO will make problem and arguments.

Her mother doesn't care her own kid at all. She told me you're farang she can go learn in your country much better, I even asked her to grow her kid sometime, but she won't. She don't want process any papers she is so lazy.

So now I am just thinking that I am gonna use only her foreign passport, so is much better like this.

Also with foreign passport and also leaving your home country there could be problems if you don't have the mother's consent.

Get this sorted asap, or you'll regret it later.

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Also with foreign passport and also leaving your home country there could be problems if you don't have the mother's consent.

No, there's no problem for me ..

I have shared parental authority in my country. 

I never had such problem to leave my home country with her, using her foreign passport. I can even apply alone her foreign passport at the passport office, in our country, or embassies.

There's nothing to be sorted in my home country, the law states here that the both non-married parents have both parental authority. So I can leave and enter her in my country as I want. Never had any issues with that

Edited by DavidJow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DavidJow said:

No, there's no problem for me ..

I have shared parental authority in my country. 

I never had such problem to leave my home country with the passport. I can even apply alone her foreign passport

There's nothing to be sorted in my home country, the law states here that the both non-married parents have both parental authority.

Sorry, I meant 'Also leaving Thailand with foreign passport and also leaving your home country there could be problems if you don't have the mother's consent.'. Now if you don't have any problems with your home country, good for you, but you'll have issues with Thailand, no matter the passport. Maybe not the first time, maybe not the second time, but problems will come.

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Sorry, I meant 'Also leaving Thailand with foreign passport and also leaving your home country there could be problems if you don't have the mother's consent.'. Now if you don't have any problems with your home country, good for you, but you'll have issues with Thailand, no matter the passport. Maybe not the first time, maybe not the second time, but problems will come.

I can have problem if the mother is going to make a case for kidnapping agains't me.

But she will don't do that.

But how a thai IO will make problem for a kid using a foreign passport and leaving Thailand ? They never asked if the kid is dual citizen.. 

1 hour ago, DavidJow said:

I can have problem if the mother is going to make a case for kidnapping agains't me.

But how a thai IO will make problem for a kid using a foreign passport and leaving Thailand ? They never asked if the kid is dual citizen.. 

Hi if the child is traveling on a foreign passport and has a valid entry stamp in that passport which will then be given the corresponding exit stamp when they leave - no problem. But the immigration office need to see evidence of entry before they allow exit. 

If the child entered on their Thai passport no problem. But then presents a foreign passport at the airport immigration line with the intention leaving on a foreign passport with no entry stamp, that would make immigration curious - put simply they would be interested to know how this child presenting a foreign passport got into Thailand without an entry stamp in their passport.  That curiosity would no doubt lead to you as the adult as I am guessing you would be the party responsible for answering those questions on the child's behalf. So they would need to see the Thai passport to verify legal entry. 

Immigration Officers, like all personal related in security services are trained to be nosey and investigative. 

Edited by jonclark

I had issues leaving the Netherlands with a kid on a Thai passport. The mother's written permission worked wonders.

But hey, up to you.

Edited by stevenl

You will have a problem if immigration will make a case for kidnapping the kid.