Export Promotion Department To Promote Thai Garments To Global Market

Jai Dee

Export Promotion Department to promote Thai garments to global market

The Export Promotion Department is about to urge Thai traders who are in the fashion industry to participate in a world-class fashion fiesta in Paris this year. It is expected that the exports of Thai garment and related goods will rise.

The deputy director-general of the Export Promotion Department, Mrs.Benjawan Rattanaprayun (เบญจวรรณ รัตนประยูร), stated that the exposition will give an opportunity to new fashion merchandisers to present their fashion items ranging from clothes, leatherware, to accessories in the fair called ‘PRET A PORTER PARIS 2007.’

The event will be held between the 1st and 5th February 2007. The intention of the department aims to promote local Thai brands to be known and recognized in international markets; moreover, it will help expand Thai garments to the high-end market.

“In terms of the purpose of the show, it is anticipated that there will be more buyers being interested in the products from Thailand. In fact, the orders from big markets such as France, Germany, England and other countries in Europe have been increased not less than 10 percent each year,” mentioned Deputy Director-general Mrs.Benjawan.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 01 February 2007

I can't believe this Public Relations report :D

The Pret-a-Porter in Paris is already decades 'old' and now they come up with an 'urge' for Thai Fashion traders to attent to this -important- fashion exhibition on the day it starts, February 1st.... :o

There are exactly 5 (Five !) Thai companies in Paris, except for the Thailand Export Promotion team (probably having a nice time.....)

Amazing Thailand indeed.

http://www.pretparis.com/en/exposer/liste/affiche_dyn2.asp

LaoPo

I wish the Thai manufacturers would make sizes to fit fat farangs. While I am not queen jumbo sized, I am on the heavy side. I despair of ever finding clothes to fit me (UK size 18). When an XXL in Thailand is the equivalent to a UK 14 I do feel like the queen of the elephants. :o

Why target such a low production market that keeps changing every darn season instead of manufacturing and exporting clothes that anyone can afford, with a much larger output, increasing employment etc.

Even worse is the idea of the high prices paid at the end of the line and the low wages paid at the manufacture. :o